December 2024 Check In Thread

Hello to all! We will be at the DLR Dec. 18-21. The holidays are my absolute favorite time at the parks, and I can't wait for all of the wonderful holiday decor and delicious food!!! We will also be dining at 21 Royal on the 21st, and as always, I'm super excited to see the amazing menu Chef Sutton and Chef Gloria will come up with!😊🎄✨🏰✨🎄
Wow, lucky you!! I've never been to 21 Royal though it's on my hope-to-do-someday list :)

Have you booked a hotel yet?

Absolutely. I am a Mom just like you my daughter is 37 and is cognitively disabled. I am surprising her with a trip to Disneyland the week of Christmas. She will be so excited when we pull up to the park, I see her crying with joy, she loves those youtube videos when parents surprise there kids with a trip to Disney,
I took my autistic daughter to London UK for a wonderful holiday once. On our arrival night she was just so excited. We were staying in a hotel near Paddington Station and we found a great eatery where a lovely waiter seated us right by the window. It was peak hour so people were scurrying home from work huddled under their umbrellas (yes it was a soggy London day), there were loads of red double decker buses (quintessential London look) driving past and my daughter just turned to me with tears in her eyes, hugged me and gave me a big kiss. What more could a mum want.

My DD, her BFF, and I are going Dec.19-26. Haven’t made up my mind what resort. I booked a BB for Poly but might change to a moderate if extended hours for deluxe aren’t in effect for that time. Where would I find this out?

My DD, her BFF, and I are going Dec.19-26. Haven’t made up my mind what resort. I booked a BB for Poly but might change to a moderate if extended hours for deluxe aren’t in effect for that time. Where would I find this out?
You might have better luck asking this on the WDW side. This is on the Disneyland Board

Oh my, I just checked the calendar and it is only a bit over three weeks until I can start making my restaurant reservations. Eeeeeek this is so exciting. Getting real close now. On a side note I had all my park reservations organised and my days pretty much planned out and then Disney has gone and thrown a spanner in the works as they are now only performing the Xmas parade at DCA on Saturday & Sunday nights. Evidently it is going to be a Coco themed parade on the other nights and I really want to see the Xmas one. Oh well now I need to rejig my plans.

Oh my, I just checked the calendar and it is only a bit over three weeks until I can start making my restaurant reservations. Eeeeeek this is so exciting. Getting real close now. On a side note I had all my park reservations organised and my days pretty much planned out and then Disney has gone and thrown a spanner in the works as they are now only performing the Xmas parade at DCA on Saturday & Sunday nights. Evidently it is going to be a Coco themed parade on the other nights and I really want to see the Xmas one. Oh well now I need to rejig my plans.
Where did you see this? The Christmas parade isn't even normally at DCA but Disneyland. Or is this a NEW parade and in addition to the Christmas Fantasy Parade.

Where did you see this? The Christmas parade isn't even normally at DCA but Disneyland. Or is this a NEW parade and in addition to the Christmas Fantasy Parade.
I hope it's a new parade in addition to the regular one in DL and not a replacement! DCA just doesn't have the same vibe for a Christmas parade and it seems like it would be difficult to maneuver there. But a short Christmas parade would be nice as long as they don't get rid of the traditional one with all of the floats, characters, wooden soldiers, ice skaters etc.

I hope it's a new parade in addition to the regular one in DL and not a replacement! DCA just doesn't have the same vibe for a Christmas parade and it seems like it would be difficult to maneuver there. But a short Christmas parade would be nice as long as they don't get rid of the traditional one with all of the floats, characters, wooden soldiers, ice skaters etc.
Thank you. I was panicking for a minute. We only have one day (a Wednesday) at DCA and Christmas/Holiday entertainment is pretty high on the list of things. I would be very disappointed to miss the Christmas Fantasy Parade. It just doesn't fit, for me, at DCA. Just the Electrical Parade was missing something when it was ta DCA.

From the website:

California Adventure -
¡Viva Navidad! Street Party - Delight in a captivating holiday celebration with musicians, dancers and Disney Characters wearing colorful fiesta costumes, on select dates from November 16, 2024, through January 5, 2025.

Fabulous Fiesta

Enjoy the ultimate fiesta for Navidad! This joyous street party, hosted by the Three Caballeros, features exuberant performances, including authentic folklórico dancers, mariachis, Brazilian samba dancers, drummers and incredible 12-foot-tall mojiganga puppets of Santa and Mrs. Claus, with a special appearance by Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse in their fiesta best!
Performance dates:

• 2024: November 16, 17, 23, 24, 30; December 1, 7, 8, 14, 15, 21, 22, 28, 29
  • 2025: January 4, 5
And on days when the Disney ¡Viva Navidad! Street Party is not scheduled, encounter Mirabel from Encanto or Miguel from Coco in festive street performances that celebrate the holidays and the gift of familia.

January 6 is Three Kings Day

Disneyland - A Christmas Fantasy Parade - Beloved Disney Characters join Santa Claus for a merry musical celebration, heading your way down Main Street, U.S.A.—November 15, 2024, through January 6, 2025.

Ring in the Season

With prancing reindeer, marching toy soldiers, dancing gingerbread cookies and more, A Christmas Fantasy Parade brings the most magical time of year to Disneyland Park!
Delightful Holiday Highlights

• Mickey and Minnie work with Chip ‘n’ Dale to organize an avalanche of letters to Santa.
  • Anna, Elsa and Olaf bid you a warm winter welcome from their fantastic Frozen realm.
  • Buzz Lightyear rides in a spaceship atop a float with elves, Woody and Jessie.
  • The Disney Princesses dance at the Candlelight Ball.
In the grand finale, wave hello to Santa Claus himself. It’s a Christmas fantasy you’ll never forget!

"Believe...In Holiday Magic" Fireworks Spectacular - Behold the magic of the holidays as festive fireworks, stirring music and a sprinkling of "snow" bring the season to life—November 15, 2024, through January 6, 2025.

Its the Feliz Navidad Parade (hope I have spelt that correct and don't want to offend anyone). I read it in Tom Bricker's latest article. He says that Disney have announced they will only be running this on Saturdays and Sundays and then the other days of the week it will be a Coco themed parade.

Do I think Magicband+ is worth it? No.

Do I have two of them from WDW trips despite not thinking they are worth it? Yes.

Did I just buy a third one for my DL trip because the other two are WDW related? Yes.

Would anyone notice I have a WDW MB+ on at DL? No.

And yet here I am with 3 MB+

What is wroooong with me??? 🤣

Do I have two of them from WDW trips despite not thinking they are worth it? Yes.

Did I just buy a third one for my DL trip because the other two are WDW related? Yes.

Absolutely NOTHING! I have four me self…and can’t wait to get a Christmas one when I get there…Hope it’s a new design!

My Christmas Pooh phone case arrived yesterday from Germany…all I have left is my Christmas band for watch and new magic band…and on it goes….

Like others have said, I have 3 MB+ too! And yet, I most often wear my Animal Kingdom one at Disneyland. I get lots of cast compliments on that one and a lot of comments on how that is the CM favorite park too or they can't wait to make a trip to WDW.

We are planning to get Magic Bands for the first time this trip. On our last trip my adult daughter got sick to death of having to take out her phone and scan herself into LL and then scroll to scan me in too. I know we still have to be on our phone to book LL's but this time with 3 of us (my adult son is coming too) it will be much easier for each of us to just scan our MB's. We are going to buy them on our arrival day, I just hope they have some nice designs. I see some nice ones online but as we live in Australia we can't buy them before we arrive 😥.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest