The Running Thread--2024

I enjoy the new "whole new sound" album Disney just put out and added it to my running playlist. Some fun new renditions! And love running to go the distance so it's nice to have another version
I just added it to my running playlist; thanks!
Another album in sort of this genre is the Walt Disney Pictures Freaky Friday movie soundtrack.

So decided I didn’t feel like being a guinea pig for the new race. (This isn’t meant to be a slight on them I do plan to hopefully do it sometime for that state race. I’ve just decided to give it a year.) And pending Rocket City giving me the green light after a conversation I’m officially pulling out of the first one to do the other.

Honestly I’ve been wanting to get a full in the cycle before Dopey happens so it works in the end. And I do sincerely wish them best of luck the first year. I just don’t want to deal with first year shenanigans combined with I’m not sure how much knowledge on how wheels work.

Rocket City will be a challenge with the hills. (Went to HS in the area.) But this is the same area I set my 5k PR in. So I feel comfortable with it. And Rocket City has been on my radar for a long time. Just wasn’t feesible before this year. And we got a hotel within a few hundred feet of the start.

Plus I got local friends there who can come and see me race.

I've been hit with whatever fall virus has been present this year. I took the last four days off, and then walked two miles over lunch today. If I could just sleep through the night and not be awake, coughing up a lung... I'm not good at taking rest days, but I knew I needed them. At least I don't start Fairytale training until next month. I need to take it easy the rest of this week, and will probably do body weight strength training and easy run/walk as I get over this 😣

Make me #3 for sickness.

More than half of DS2's XC team has it (both boys and girls squads) and at least 2 of not 3 of the boys had it develop into walking pneumonia. We are on week 3 of it with him. One of them may have been admitted with more than just walking pneumonia? The kids haven't been very clear on the info, as teens tend to be light on the details. I'm hoping that it's been long enough since he exposed us to it, to when I had symptoms, that it's a lighter, more gentle version since I tend to get it for longer and more severity than the kids.

COVID is raging across the US: CDC’s wastewater map has shown nearly every state at High or Very High levels for the past few weeks. I am in no way a medical professional, but I follow the studies on COVID and exercise because I got it very early in 2020, battled Long COVID for 2 years after, and now have some chronic conditions that don’t look like they'll ever go away. Studies have shown that returning to exercise - particularly vigorous exercise - too soon can increase chances of developing Long COVID and chronic health conditions. My doctor and I are convinced that’s exactly what happened to me. Just offering a gentle reminder that no training schedule is worth risking your long-term health - be cautious and careful out there. :flower3:

Make me #3 for sickness.

More than half of DS2's XC team has it (both boys and girls squads) and at least 2 of not 3 of the boys had it develop into walking pneumonia. We are on week 3 of it with him. One of them may have been admitted with more than just walking pneumonia? The kids haven't been very clear on the info, as teens tend to be light on the details. I'm hoping that it's been long enough since he exposed us to it, to when I had symptoms, that it's a lighter, more gentle version since I tend to get it for longer and more severity than the kids.
For real. Kid stayed home sick Thursday. Was bouncing off the walls by that evening. Went back to school on Friday. I'm on Day 4 of feeling like poop.

Plus one on the potential sick train. Woke up with a sore throat and headache and just praying it's allergies because I have a half marathon Saturday.
Regarding Boston, I hate that it is a moving target with no guarantee of even a chance if you reach the announced threshold. To me, it is more discouraging than inspiring.
It really is discouraging. I qualified for 2018 only to miss the cutoff by 50 seconds. It was so upsetting. Not that I'm super confident in being able to hit the new qualifying time, but I'm hoping that since this is the first year of the time cut there won't be an additional cut off like how it was in 2022 and 2023. Wishing I had been in marathon shape then because I had just aged up and would have still had the same qualifying time I previously did before the cuts.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest