**December 2012 Roll Call** Holidays, FLE Opening & MVMCP!! A very, merry thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since our youngest still believes in Santa (she will turn 11 a few days before we leave), I have to do SOMETHING for Christmas morning.

This trip is our Christmas gift to each other, from each other... as we are not doing presents with anyone this year in order to afford the trip, so no presents WAS agreed upon by everyone.

So, in order to keep the magic of Santa alive for our little one.... I will do stockings for all the girls. I have already started picking little things up at Five Below, etc. Nothing in there will cost more that $3.... to keep the cost low. I am going to get some cheap felt stockings, and write their names on them in glitter (totally something we would not do at home, since they have stockings they have been using their entire lives) to add to the illusion. The older girls know what's up (but won't know what's going in them)...

Anywho.... that's our little 'surprise' we have planned. And we WILL be decorating the room (much to my DH's dismay, lol). I have Mickey head Christmas lights that will go up in the window of our room at POR and I will get some window clings and other small things to set around. Some of our Disney Christmas decor will be going with us for the room... we will box it all up when we are getting out the decorations for the house after Thanksgiving.

I will be gone all day tomorrow so I am now on a personal mission to get this thread closed so the new one can start. Who's with me?? Although, I can talk to myself for 2 pages pretty easily.

Since our youngest still believes in Santa (she will turn 11 a few days before we leave), I have to do SOMETHING for Christmas morning.

This trip is our Christmas gift to each other, from each other... as we are not doing presents with anyone this year in order to afford the trip, so no presents WAS agreed upon by everyone.

So, in order to keep the magic of Santa alive for our little one.... I will do stockings for all the girls. I have already started picking little things up at Five Below, etc. Nothing in there will cost more that $3.... to keep the cost low. I am going to get some cheap felt stockings, and write their names on them in glitter (totally something we would not do at home, since they have stockings they have been using their entire lives) to add to the illusion. The older girls know what's up (but won't know what's going in them)...

Anywho.... that's our little 'surprise' we have planned. And we WILL be decorating the room (much to my DH's dismay, lol). I have Mickey head Christmas lights that will go up in the window of our room at POR and I will get some window clings and other small things to set around. Some of our Disney Christmas decor will be going with us for the room... we will box it all up when we are getting out the decorations for the house after Thanksgiving.

Stockings are a great idea. Lightweight and portable. I want Mickey head Christmas lights!!

I don't know if I mentioned it in this thread, but I checked out easyWDW's crowd calendar yesterday and...OMG. Doomed. I only picked a "good park" for 2 day of our 8-day stay.

I went ahead and tried to use the crowd calendar to strategize, so I have a really different second option, including a billion new ADRs. Ha!

Doing my best to get the thread closed asap:

Disney World
By Ashley P, Ivoryton CT, CT

The magic that exists within the streets,
The castle that stands tall and the charcters who greet.

Everyone feels at home and never wants to leave,
No one knew what was up Walt Disney's sleeve.

The smiles on the little children's faces,
And the happiness in their eyes shows that this is one of their favorite places.

It is a world like no other,
So many rides one after another.

Memories are held in each breathtaking sight,
Especially the fireworks that light up the sky every night.

A perfect vacation for all,
Nothing is more special or important to recall.

This is me this morning: :badpc:

I was going to share our 100 day celebration photos, but my laptop won't connect to the internet for some reason (all other machines in the house do).

Then I decided to try to get a later CG ADR, was able to find one, and when I tried to finish the transaction, my iPad keeps sending me back to the Terms & Conditions button. *sigh* I go on hubby's laptop to get my ressie, and it's gone! :furious::sad::badpc::badpc::badpc:

Oh well, I have time to keep trying!

Valgoof said:
I will be gone all day tomorrow so I am now on a personal mission to get this thread closed so the new one can start. Who's with me?? Although, I can talk to myself for 2 pages pretty easily.

La la la... Filling in the space :-) :-) :-)

With all the scrapbook talk yesterday, maybe I'll get myself in gear this weekend and work on (i.e., start) ours from our last few trips!

Or maybe I'll make my parents & DD count down calendars. Or maybe one for myself LOL!! I don't want to drive DH crazy with WDW talk since he's not coming on this trip.

Happy Friday! Now back to work for me...

Helping to close the thread.

But just remember...

Tofubeast gets the last post (#3750). She's earned it

We should stop postin at before #3745 so she can do a countdown to the new thread.

Does it get locked here or after the end of 250? Just want to get a post close to the end so I can enter a new link to Part Two.

Regardless, as I said earlier today, I will put the link to Part Two in the first post on here.

EDIT:

BDL-- just saw your post above. HAHAHAH. I am going to maybe step out to lunch, I might miss that opportunity. Why am I excited about all this? hahahahah

This is me this morning: :badpc:

I was going to share our 100 day celebration photos, but my laptop won't connect to the internet for some reason (all other machines in the house do).

Then I decided to try to get a later CG ADR, was able to find one, and when I tried to finish the transaction, my iPad keeps sending me back to the Terms & Conditions button. *sigh* I go on hubby's laptop to get my ressie, and it's gone! :furious::sad::badpc::badpc::badpc:

Oh well, I have time to keep trying!

I feel your pain. I am having trouble with web sites today - AAA has to have the worst web site in the world - keeps telling me no results for hotels in Orlando. HUH? Tried to access my Duke energy stock account - need secret code What? Tied to the CIA? :confused3 But most importantly - Disboards aren't notifying me about new postings on my subscriptions. :headache:

I don't know if I mentioned it in this thread, but I checked out easyWDW's crowd calendar yesterday and...OMG. Doomed. I only picked a "good park" for 2 day of our 8-day stay.

I went ahead and tried to use the crowd calendar to strategize, so I have a really different second option, including a billion new ADRs. Ha!

See what you can re-arrange. It does make a difference to go on recommended days. If you can get the ADRs you want, go for it!

Meh! I never use crowd calendars. I'm bad. I am at parks on all bad days and I don't care mwahahaha

Meh! I never use crowd calendars. I'm bad. I am at parks on all bad days and I don't care mwahahaha

Ha! I didn't use one last year, and I think things were ok. However, I really want this trip to be AWESOME, so I'm probably going to take it into account.

Space :p

Woo-hoo we're at 250 pages guys!

So, hubby has a handheld router .... I am seriously thinking of routing out the outline of a HUGE mickey head in the middle of the dining room floor and painting that a different colour.

What? You trying to say I'm a little obsessed with Disney. Pfft, you lot are so cheeky :snooty:

New Thread:

I am already starting to get it ready to roll....

Quick request: If you happen to see it post, please let me have the first THREE posts (I will try to post placemarkers within seconds of it going live) just so I can reserve that space for 'stuff'.

THANKS!!!

We are so awesome!! This is the only thread requiring a true PART TWO (August didn't count) in recent time. Last two Decembers didn't hit this special mark. HAHAH WE ROCK WE ROCK!!

:dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter