Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saw there's a new festival of the arts spirt jersey facemask. How are those compared to the normal Disney masks?
I have one of the Christmas spirit jersey masks. It’s the same fabric as the spirit jerseys themselves. I was wearing it in warm humid weather and found it warmer and more uncomfortable than the lighter weight Disney masks. It also ran larger than the other Disney masks - an XL in the other Disney masks fits fine but is too large in the spirit jersey mask.

https://www.ocregister.com/2021/01/22/what-will-replace-disneylands-annual-pass-program
New Membership Options Are “Not Designed to Limit Choice and Flexibility” Compared to Annual Passes according to Disneyland President.

i am so shocked at this information. Disney fans overreacting to news before we see what actually happens? Never
“This is not designed to limit choice and flexibility. It’s designed to enhance choice and flexibility”

Well duh. The more you pay the more choice and flexibility will be available 😂

https://www.ocregister.com/2021/01/22/what-will-replace-disneylands-annual-pass-program
New Membership Options Are “Not Designed to Limit Choice and Flexibility” Compared to Annual Passes according to Disneyland President.

i am so shocked at this information. Disney fans overreacting to news before we see what actually happens? Never
Eh... been an DL AP since 1993 and I have never been asked for my opinion on anything from Disney, so I don't have a lot of confidence in their market research. Also still waiting on my refund, so yeah people are still pissed off. I just want the my Flex pass to come back, and not at double the price. Could be a pipe dream, though!

Watching it with anticipation! I figure it will probably go back to 1st weekend of Feb or last weekend of January.

President Day Weekend hours only??? Or do they stick around for me last week of Feb????

Recently Disney has been extending on a week by week basis. Next Friday, they will probably extend the following week And so on. Again this is just a guess, but I wouldn’t be surprised your week gets extended.

“This is not designed to limit choice and flexibility. It’s designed to enhance choice and flexibility”

Well duh. The more you pay the more choice and flexibility will be available 😂

Isn’t that with almost everything though? Netflix has tiers. Pay more, you get more.

Eh... been an DL AP since 1993 and I have never been asked for my opinion on anything from Disney, so I don't have a lot of confidence in their market research. Also still waiting on my refund, so yeah people are still pissed off. I just want the my Flex pass to come back, and not at double the price. Could be a pipe dream, though!

I’ve played the lottery for many years and have never won. Hell, I’m lucky to get a Passholder email from Disney, let alone get chosen for my input. I think they’re doing their research and know how important the AP program is, not just to DL, but WDW as well, but more so for DLR. Yes, they will absolutely up the price of the APs, that was coming regardless. Not many guarantees in life, but Disney raising ticket prices in March of every year is one of them. Will they double the price for a flex pass? Unlikely. In a few years it will have doubled from the original price, but not yet.

We also have to remember that the excuse for raising the prices last year and the year before was to offset the cost of Galaxy’s Edge. Just because another year went by doesn’t mean their intention to offset that land cost hasn’t gone away, and it’s added with Avengers Campus now. It’ll probably just be added in to whatever they raise the prices to now.

Isn’t that with almost everything though? Netflix has tiers. Pay more, you get more.

I’ve played the lottery for many years and have never won. Hell, I’m lucky to get a Passholder email from Disney, let alone get chosen for my input. I think they’re doing their research and know how important the AP program is, not just to DL, but WDW as well, but more so for DLR. Yes, they will absolutely up the price of the APs, that was coming regardless. Not many guarantees in life, but Disney raising ticket prices in March of every year is one of them. Will they double the price for a flex pass? Unlikely. In a few years it will have doubled from the original price, but not yet.

We also have to remember that the excuse for raising the prices last year and the year before was to offset the cost of Galaxy’s Edge. Just because another year went by doesn’t mean their intention to offset that land cost hasn’t gone away, and it’s added with Avengers Campus now. It’ll probably just be added in to whatever they raise the prices to now.
Ok so the first pass I paid myself was in 2001 when I was 18. Premium 2 park pass for $299. In 2007, my renewal price was only $339. Only $40 more in 6 years. Jump to 2019, between a couple of years of Premier passes, I finally was priced out of the signature plus pass at over $1300, and opted for the Flex with Maxpass at $699. It felt like such a bargain! But seriously, I know there have been improvements and such, but nothing to warrant a $1000 price increase for the same pass in a 12 year period. Disney price increases used to be moderate. They are absolutely insane now. Of course, there is a huge market and people willing to pay such prices, but everyone has their breaking point. Anyway, the system needed to be revamped. Too many locals on grandfathered passes that went there everyday and spent little money. However they try and spin it though, they want to get rid of those AP’s and this was the perfect excuse to do so. I imagine most people will not be able to afford whatever they come up especially given the economy and so many people out of work.

Wow, that is exciting news... I wonder if there will be fireworks when the parks are open until 10pm. We are off from Feb 12th to Feb 28th and trying to plan a trip to WDW for at least 7-10 nights at some point in that timeframe. We were considering a later in the month trip like the 17th-27th but this raises my eyebrow to give us more park time. This is the first time back to the parks since I was in my early teen years, DH has never been and we are bringing my mom and our 22 mo old. Just started planning this a week ago, will be the first time my mom and I have ever stayed in the bubble, and it is way overwhelming (so much to coordinate)! We will be celebrating my 40th on the 19th plus we will work in an early celebration for my mom (3/5) and my daughter (3/14). Can't wait!!

Getting into this house down here put me way behind. But just an experience yesterday if interested.

Did a last minute ressie for AK at 230. Didn't go over until 4 but walked on Safari and FoP. It closed at 5 but that was the only 2 we wanted. Very quiet and assume many hopped to EPCOT.

Some Disneyland APs have already started receiving surveys that include potential passport/tickets options with specifics about pricing/number of days/benefits/etc. If you pop over to the AP cancellation thread in the Disneyland forum, there’s some discussion about what is in the survey.

And according to people on Twitter, there are multiple versions of the survey with different options. I saw a screenshot of one of the surveys floating around on Twitter late last night but I can’t find it now.

Last edited:

From the article, “The goal: Spread out attendance at Disneyland and Disney California Adventure while satisfying the largest number of people.”.

If the goal is to spread out attendance, the result is going to be limited choice and flexibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter