Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Driving or flying? If you're flying the airline will probably route you through Minnesota on your way there at this point with how ridiculous they're getting so you'd be good lol.
Most likely flying & as of now there are still nonstop flights to mco.

Well that’s obnoxious. Does this include the self quarantine mandate? Texas just lifted theirs for us so ridiculous imo that fl has extended theirs.
I’m confused. This is not new. It has been in place since the restrictions were put in place for travelers from Louisiana, New York, New Jersey or Connecticut. There’s been checkpoints set on the highways into FL from GA and AL. @yulilin3 is the new part that it was extended?

“Drivers and their passengers coming from Louisiana, New York, New Jersey or Connecticut will be required to fill out a “traveler form” at the checkpoint that includes their contact information and the details of their trip. They will also be required to stay isolated for the first 14 days they are in the state. If their visit is shorter than that, they have to stay isolated the entire time, according to a DOT news release.”

I have SW Celebration tickets, as well as tickets to the Disneyland After Dark Star Wars night, and two-day passes to DL for after the convention...and I just want them to cancel/postpone it. I’m not taking my 70-year-old dad on cross country flight to go a crowded convention center and a theme park. I can’t imagine they’ll even have any guests at the convention, and with productions closed down they won’t have anything new to promote anyway. It breaks my heart, but i hope they postpone it. We’ll go another time.

Promote Mandalorian, or announce their future projects, but nothing they can’t just announce in a press release. It’s obviously more exciting in a convention type platform, but it’s not important enough to not cancel the convention. Maybe they move the convention a few months, maybe October, and hold it in Orlando? But August, in Anaheim, I think it’s a less than 10% chance it happens

Shanghai have been training/testing for 6 weeks and still have no reopen date. What makes you think wdw can do it in a couple of days?

We aren't China. And we don't know the situation going on there.

I can tell you it does not take 6 weeks to train staff on social distancing. Something else there (likely related to the government) holding it up.

Just asking,
Is there anyone besides me and my family who always wash their hands before they eat? Wipe down tables at Disney before we get comfy? Hand sanitize after rides?

Anyone?

I practically vaporize and rebuild the airline seats before we sit down. We do wipe down tables before we eat and always have been hand washers. I do only use hand sanitizer at Disney (until now of course).
Of course none of that stopped us from getting the worst flu we've ever had - even though we were vaccinated.

I would be happy to see them use a disinfecting wipe on the rides - lap bars, things we grab etc. Not seats themselves necessarily.
But that would become expensive and I can't imagine how many wipes they'd need a day!
:rotfl:

Just asking,
Is there anyone besides me and my family who always wash their hands before they eat? Wipe down tables at Disney before we get comfy? Hand sanitize after rides?

Anyone?
Yes I sanitize before eating and carry wipes with me to wipe down tables.

My mom when traveling brings her own sets of sheets, shower shoes, strips the beds to check for bed bugs, and wipes down the main surfaces. She would bring her own towels but you would need to wash them everyday. lol

I can tell you it does not take 6 weeks to train staff on social distancing. Something else there (likely related to the government) holding it up.
I think it’s reasonable though to see what is going on in all the Asian parks and maybe wonder if we are still a ways away from US parks opening. I’m not saying that is necessarily the case but it does give me reason for at least some concern.

I’m confused. This is not new. It has been in place since the restrictions were put in place for travelers from Louisiana, New York, New Jersey or Connecticut. There’s been checkpoints set on the highways into FL from GA and AL. @yulilin3 is the new part that it was extended?

“Drivers and their passengers coming from Louisiana, New York, New Jersey or Connecticut will be required to fill out a “traveler form” at the checkpoint that includes their contact information and the details of their trip. They will also be required to stay isolated for the first 14 days they are in the state. If their visit is shorter than that, they have to stay isolated the entire time, according to a DOT news release.”
It's the same as before, they just extended it in time nor for more areas
It was supposed to expire may 9th, now it's part of phase 1

Yes and China "opened up" is more severe than our worst locked down mode. You re right they are not telling us everyting but their actions do. What what they do, which is pretty much on lockdown still as we would term it. ( Before it was seal you into your apartment.) It isn't over there either despite what they say. Watch what they do.

A brand new CM for a position they've never done befor takes 4 to 5 days, that's including their final assessment. Retraining for new queue procedures, cleaning of attractions should not take more than 3 days
Yes but, they may have to retrain as if everyone is brand new. They also have never had to basically restarted the parks from the ground up. It’s going to be a process not turning on a light switch.

I practically vaporize and rebuild the airline seats before we sit down. We do wipe down tables before we eat and always have been hand washers. I do only use hand sanitizer at Disney (until now of course).
Of course none of that stopped us from getting the worst flu we've ever had - even though we were vaccinated.

I would be happy to see them use a disinfecting wipe on the rides - lap bars, things we grab etc. Not seats themselves necessarily.
But that would become expensive and I can't imagine how many wipes they'd need a day!
:rotfl:
I expect them to use a hospital grade disinfectant followed by a wipe with a normal towel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter