Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have to think that expires as part of Phase 2?

I also wonder how are they determining "hot spots"? Here in Chicago/Illinois we are consistently getting 2200-2500 new positives a day for last 7 days. But, that's because we are consistently now testing 12000 -14000 a day, resulting in more positives.
Would we now be a hot spot, even thought it's only due to more testing?

I wonder process behind it.

When he says "we are preparing to welcome guests back" ???? That would typically mean sooner not later
Nothing about this situation is typical. There's alot of work to do, new protocols to put in place, and training to be done.
Universal's closure could very well be extended into June. They could also open June 1st.
The letter to employees doesn't lean one way or another. It's designed to motivate and give hope to their employees, most of which are not working at the moment.

Yes I sanitize before eating and carry wipes with me to wipe down tables.

My mom when traveling brings her own sets of sheets, shower shoes, strips the beds to check for bed bugs, and wipes down the main surfaces. She would bring her own towels but you would need to wash them everyday. lol

Same.... we wash hands with soap and water before we eat, and I bring disinfectant wipes and wipe the tables and chairs down!

Yes and China "opened up" is more severe than our worst locked down mode. You re right they are not telling us everyting but their actions do. What what they do, which is pretty much on lockdown still as we would term it. ( Before it was seal you into your apartment.) It isn't over there either despite what they say. Watch what they do.
It is never going to be over anywhere . It is going to be with us forever just like it’s Coronavirus cousins the common cold.

If Florida isnt allowing hotspot state residents into their state, then I’d assume that would have to impact the extension of Annual Passholders in those states. Let’s say I had a trip planned for June 15th, and thats when they open their doors back up, I have an AP, but I live in NY and they say I cant go down there without 14 days of self quarantine. Would they continue the extension until hotspot states are allowed in Florida (and logically unless I pay for hotels for longer than 14 days) allowed in Disney parks? That wouldnt seem fair that if I have a trip planned down there to use my pass, but Florida says I’m not allowed to come down and use it.

If Florida isnt allowing hotspot state residents into their state, then I’d assume that would have to impact the extension of Annual Passholders in those states. Let’s say I had a trip planned for June 15th, and thats when they open their doors back up, I have an AP, but I live in NY and they say I cant go down there without 14 days of self quarantine. Would they continue the extension until hotspot states are allowed in Florida (and logically unless I pay for hotels for longer than 14 days) allowed in Disney parks? That wouldnt seem fair that if I have a trip planned down there to use my pass, but Florida says I’m not allowed to come down and use it.
You can use it... After 14 days. I bet that this is the loophole legally speaking.

I’m betting that by the time they open, the travel restrictions will be lifted. But yes, I agree if they weren’t, the clock shouldn’t start on your AP.

Don’t kill the messenger. Delta now joins JetBlue in requiring face masks to be worn. I think we are going to continue seeing businesses requiring it:

https://news.delta.com/facecoverings

I'm in the anti-mask camp.. but this actually makes sense and I'd have no problem with it. IMHO Delta has been doing a phenomenal job with this whole situation.

I’m betting that by the time they open, the travel restrictions will be lifted. But yes, I agree if they weren’t, the clock shouldn’t start on your AP.

Unless they do a soft open before the travel restrictions are lifted. This would let them test with lower crowd levels their new procedures for locals.

I really think the quarantine will be over by the time they open.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter