Early Epcot ADR

elvispursley

DIS Veteran
I have an 8:30a ADR for Garden Grill. We'll be at the S/D so entering from the IG. How early do we need to be at the IG and do they let you into the park early enough to get to your ADR? We don't mind getting somewhere early but we also don't necessarily want to try and weave our way through a mass of ETPE guests when there is a scooter-user in our party!

When we were there in September, we had an early GG res. We got there about 7:45am since we didn’t really need to be at the front of the pack for a ride. Once we were in the left line (ie, the non-Remy line) a little after 8:00am, I went to the CM at the front and told her we had an 8:30 res. She told me that we would be allowed through with everyone else, that the restaurant would hold our res, and that they expect the first res of the day to be a few minutes late. Okey dokey then. Anyway, the line was let through shortly after, and we made it to GG at 8:30 without speed walking.

When we were there in September, we had an early GG res. We got there about 7:45am since we didn’t really need to be at the front of the pack for a ride. Once we were in the left line (ie, the non-Remy line) a little after 8:00am, I went to the CM at the front and told her we had an 8:30 res. She told me that we would be allowed through with everyone else, that the restaurant would hold our res, and that they expect the first res of the day to be a few minutes late. Okey dokey then. Anyway, the line was let through shortly after, and we made it to GG at 8:30 without speed walking.

So do they let you tap in and hold everyone until a certain time?

So do they let you tap in and hold everyone until a certain time?
Yes. The line started moving a little before 8am, then once you’ve tapped in, they’ll check to make sure you have EE benefits and you either join the crowd on the bridge to France for Remy, or you join the crowd near Canada for Frozen/front of the park options. What time they’ll start allowing folks to tap in will depend on time of year and crowd level waiting at the IG.

We had the same experience. Back in the day you used to be allowed into the parks early with ADRs but that seems to not be the case anymore. We were held with everyone else and were also told they would hold our reservation. Next time we will sleep later lol.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest