Crowd Levels

UKdisneydad

Earning My Ears
I appreciate it’s not meant to be overly quiet but the last few days at the parks have felt extremely busy. LL’s are gone extremely quickly, little comes up over the day, wait times appear higher than in recent memory and just walking around avoiding the multitude of pushchairs/mobility scooters seems to be an endless effort. Any thoughts?

We were there October 15-20 and it seemed really crowded to us as well -- although it is a big fall break week so I was expecting it. What I was surprised by though was that the magic kingdom was super crowded even on a party day (when I thought there are normally lower crowds). Still, the weather was gorgeous -- we even had to wear sweatshirts some days -- so I would consider going back that week in the future so that the kids wouldn't have to miss any school.

I go twice a week and since July crowds are way lower than the past year or 2.
I go in the afternoon and crowds at Epcot are mostly non existent.
MK party days Tron is usually the longest wait around 40 minutes.
Hollywood last week Rise was mostly around 50 minutes.
Crowded would be 120 minutes for Tron and Rise.
Christmas crowded is 180 minutes.

October is no longer a quiet month. Especially with the Halloween parties, the MK closing early can really make the other parks busy. The good side is the weather is usually great!

We are here now. Monday, EPCOT was busy, but not too bad. Tuesday at HS was very busy, but we were able to do all we wanted. Wednesday at MK was crazy. It is not a party night, so expected it to be crowded and it was. Many LL disappeared quickly. We did rope drop, and still managed to do 18 rides and attractions before 4 pm. The only thing we missed was Jungle Cruise that we could only get at 5:15 and we were leaving before that. Rope dropped Tron, in line at 8:30, opened at 9. On the ride at 9:10. Getting off, the line was 110 minutes.

The Gartner IT Symposium started on Monday and runs thru tomorrow. Many attendees bring their families and stay before and after the meeting. It doesn't surprise me that there's been an uptick in crowds. It's a huge meeting.

We just got home from our trip and didn't think the waits were too bad. Getting around the parks were crowded at times, but overall we felt we were there at a great time. And the weather was perfect. We did all we wanted and we did NOT buy Lightning Lane at any of the parks.
Arrived Saturday, October 19 and went to Hollywood Studios for the evening.
Sunday, October 20 went to Magic Kingdom until it closed at 6 PM then hopped to Hollywood Studios.
Monday, October 21 went to Epcot.
Tuesday, October 22 went to Animal Kingdom.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest