Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Information & Questions + Construction Updates

What about Poly or CR? I'd choose either of those over GF. - We just stayed there last summer and it was fine, but we much prefer CR, Poly and YC over it. I would usually recommend just stay at YC, however I have a really hard time justifying staying somewhere that's going to have a major amenity out of service while I'm paying the same amount of money.

- Maybe a good time to try Boardwalk?
Thanks for the advice. All of my stays over a dozen have been at the YC CL. With all of the rehabs that are going to take place, I am thinking it’s a good time to try something new. Thought about Boardwalk but over the years I never found the resort to be a place which I felt warm and cozy ( weird I know). GF has always interested me, plus I love to people watch in downtimes so where that lobby is so big, having a drink or two, listening to the piano maybe fun. So it’s either YC with construction or GF. I have time into February to make my final decision so I will follow the updates and make a final decision. Being older and more experienced with Disney, we don’t run around as much so taking the monorail to Epcot or a Minnie Van doesn’t bother us. Time is plentiful. If they rehab YC lounge like I believe they are in January, and the reviews are good then I may stay there. It my favorite resort. I am just having a backup in case.

Last edited:

I’m standing in my kitchen trying to suppress some tears followed by an enormous attack of the giggles. A December 2025 GF booking has been made. The GF has been our happy place for many years. Our last visit was in May 2019. I used to travel with my DM. She was a wonderful travel buddy. We had similar tastes. She was always considerate and with a bone-dry wit that was funny as all get out. We had a 2020 stay booked but, of course, it had to be cancelled for obvious reasons. I lost my DM this June. Before her passing, she made me promise to go back to our happy place. So, tonight I started to fulfill her wish and I booked a Club Level stay. Yes, I have a smile on my face as I type this. But I can’t stop the tears from rolling down my cheeks. I have the promise of a wonderful and emotional stay in the year ahead. Once I get a tissue, would you mind if I start a happy dance for our happy place? :cloud9::santa:

party:

I’m standing in my kitchen trying to suppress some tears followed by an enormous attack of the giggles. A December 2025 GF booking has been made. The GF has been our happy place for many years. Our last visit was in May 2019. I used to travel with my DM. She was a wonderful travel buddy. We had similar tastes. She was always considerate and with a bone-dry wit that was funny as all get out. We had a 2020 stay booked but, of course, it had to be cancelled for obvious reasons. I lost my DM this June. Before her passing, she made me promise to go back to our happy place. So, tonight I started to fulfill her wish and I booked a Club Level stay. Yes, I have a smile on my face as I type this. But I can’t stop the tears from rolling down my cheeks. I have the promise of a wonderful and emotional stay in the year ahead. Once I get a tissue, would you mind if I start a happy dance for our happy place? :cloud9::santa:

party:
That was so moving. She would be very proud of you.

New Breakfast Cocktails Available at Grand Floridian Cafe at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa and Walt Disney World

A lineup of new breakfast cocktails is now available around Walt Disney World. Each drink is located at a variety of venues, and the full details are below.

New Breakfast Cocktails​

Pink Spritzer – $12.50​

Lyre’s Pink London Non-Alcoholic Spirit, grapefruit soda, pomegranate green tea, lime, and mint
New breakfast cocktails, inspired by the magic of Walt Disney World, feature a refreshing red iced drink with mint leaves and a vibrant orange concoction garnished with an orange slice, both served in elegant clear glasses.
This drink is also listed as Pink London Spritzer on select menus.
Available locations:

Blackberry-Orange Spritz​

Ketel One Peach & Orange Blossom Vodka, Rockey’s Botanical Liqueur, Sauvignon Blanc, and blackberry

A tall glass filled with a red cocktail, garnished with a lemon twist, mint leaf, and a small black sphere, sits on a wooden surface—reminiscent of the whimsical concoctions enjoyed at Walt Disney World.

Available Locations:

• Cape May Cafe at Disney’s Beach Club Resort
  • Grand Floridian Cafe at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
  • The Crystal Palace at Magic Kingdom

Blackberry-Orange Spritz​

Ketel One Peach & Orange Blossom Vodka, Rockey’s Botanical Liqueur, Sauvignon Blanc, and blackberry

A tall glass filled with a red cocktail, garnished with a lemon twist, mint leaf, and a small black sphere, sits on a wooden surface—reminiscent of the whimsical concoctions enjoyed at Walt Disney World.

Available Locations:

• Cape May Cafe at Disney’s Beach Club Resort

Sunrise Margarita​

Teremana Blanco Tequila, Grand Marnier Liqueur, Hella Cocktail Co. Smoked Chili Bitters, lime, and agave

A glass of iced breakfast cocktail with a salted rim and an orange slice garnish sits invitingly on a wooden surface, perfect for a magical start reminiscent of a Walt Disney World morning.
Available Locations:

party:
Disney is the best place for recollecting on one’s life. When you had such an amazing mom? Your memories will be more sweeter than many.

Enjoy your planning and let us know if need any assistance. Gosh things keep changing!

Mom will be there with you! You’ll see her everywhere.

party:

What a special stay that will be. I hope you enjoy special memories of your mom & feel her smiling down while you’re there. :littleangel:

Disney is the best place for recollecting on one’s life. When you had such an amazing mom? Your memories will be more sweeter than many.

Enjoy your planning and let us know if need any assistance. Gosh things keep changing!

Mom will be there with you! You’ll see her everywhere.
Trish, I’m sure that I will see her everywhere. A month or two after her death, I sat down and organised hundreds of photos that were taken over our last three or four WDW trips. Familiar themes leapt out from the photos. One of the strongest themes was of Mom at the GF. It was, truly, a happy place for us. My memories of our stays peak some of the strongest emotions. I am certain that I will need to pack more than one tissue next December.

This is my DM by the Courtyard Pool around 2014. It is not, by any means, the best pic. But it’s typical of a happy Mom after another happy day at WDW and at the GF, in particular.

36609767-DBC4-45F6-A23B-A7B6C2810F6C.jpeg

has any work on the lobby been done? Maybe Disney has decided to leave well enough alone?

I would be okay with that.

has any work on the lobby been done? Maybe Disney has decided to leave well enough alone?

I would be okay with that.
Other than painting, no. Rumor is, the lobby refurb will start after the holidays. Nothing has been announced by Disney, so no one knows for sure whether it’s still happening or not. The only thing that gives me reason to believe it will still happen, is people are still receiving construction notices for trips next year. Keep an eye on this thread. PAGE 1 will be updated as new work is being done. Hope that helps.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest