Costco Disney Gift Cards

Ordered mine , received a bar code. Stated it will be in our email in an hour . Nothing came through. Is there another step?

Yesterday, I tried to buy my 5th and 6th gift cards. The purchase went through, and I received an email confirmation with the numbers and EANs. I pulled up the disneygiftcard.com site to add them to my account and merge them into my main gift card. At that moment, my DH and DS came home and stopped to chat with them. I figured all was good and would add them in a bit. I returned 30 minutes later. The values were zero, and the order was canceled. It happened fast. The email time stamps showed it was canceled 7 minutes after I ordered it.

But, I cannot help but wonder, if I had jumped on it and added them, would they still be valid? I will never know. But if you get the deal past four cards, add it immediately and merge them.

I tried again today, and now they say they are sold out. I am officially cut off... for now... because you know I'm going to try again. :rotfl::thumbsup2

They won't even come up when I search them in the Costco search bar a few minutes ago. I was waiting until today to push the payment off another month! UGH! I would have purchased them the other day. Sounds like I should check every day though, but may go to Sam's to get the rest that I need to pay dues. Costco is a much better deal!

I was able to purchase 2 last night when they were in stock (I had initally purchased 2 the first week of December), or so I thought. I finally got email confirmation today with the link to view digital card. Logged in and both cards were there with codes, but right under them were 2 more cards with a message under them that "due to an error, your item has been cancelled". I have still not received a cancellation email. 😢

Thank you for the information. Is there a way to turn them into a card to bring on vacation?
To clarify, disneygiftcard.com lets you merge gift cards (up to $999 I believe). If you have a digital gift card from Costco and a physical gift card, you can then merge the funds from the digital gift card to the physical gift card.

I haven't found a way to move just part of the amount, it seems you move all or none.

I was able to purchase 2 last night when they were in stock (I had initally purchased 2 the first week of December), or so I thought. I finally got email confirmation today with the link to view digital card. Logged in and both cards were there with codes, but right under them were 2 more cards with a message under them that "due to an error, your item has been cancelled". I have still not received a cancellation email. 😢
I had the exact same thing happen to me.

Same here... but I think there is something going wrong with the Disney/Costco cards this week. I had purchased several in December and merged them into $1000 cards. When I heard that people were having success buying them again, I ordered two last night...and they finally came this afternoon. I can't merge them together at DisneyGiftCard.com, and can't check the balance on each on that site, but I can verify the amounts at 877-650-4327. And since my previous cards now have either $1000 or $0 balances, I'm pretty sure the amounts are right on the two on this order. I also have the two "there was an error/cancelled" entries on my order, but since I only ordered two cards on this order, I'm not out anything, it appears.

I suspect that in a day or two, Disney and Costco's gift card processor will get this all figured out and I can combine them at that point. I can't help but think that the delays in fulfilling the orders and the problems tonight are related.

Same here... but I think there is something going wrong with the Disney/Costco cards this week. I had purchased several in December and merged them into $1000 cards. When I heard that people were having success buying them again, I ordered two last night...and they finally came this afternoon. I can't merge them together at DisneyGiftCard.com, and can't check the balance on each on that site, but I can verify the amounts at 877-650-4327. And since my previous cards now have either $1000 or $0 balances, I'm pretty sure the amounts are right on the two on this order. I also have the two "there was an error/cancelled" entries on my order, but since I only ordered two cards on this order, I'm not out anything, it appears.

I suspect that in a day or two, Disney and Costco's gift card processor will get this all figured out and I can combine them at that point. I can't help but think that the delays in fulfilling the orders and the problems tonight are related.

I just combined my latest card from Costco on Monday. So, as of thst day, it worked.

I had 2 gift cards in my Costco cart and went to complete my order today and its saying they are now sold out😭

I had 2 gift cards in my Costco cart and went to complete my order today and its saying they are now sold out😭
Seems they went out-of-stock on 01/22, came back in stock on 1/22, then went out-of-stock again and at least I haven't seen them come back in stock.

I suspect that in a day or two, Disney and Costco's gift card processor will get this all figured out and I can combine them at that point. I can't help but think that the delays in fulfilling the orders and the problems tonight are related

I had the exact same thing happen to me.

Update: After seeing the charge post on my credit card and not reverse, I called Costco. I was told that the gift cards were sent, and that it is against the law to refund a gift card, which I totally understand. BUT the gift cards don’t work. She said she could see where it was cancelled, but another email sent out, which I did not receive. We ended on the note that they would look in to it, and contact me within 24-48 hours. Again, I never received a cancellation email in the first place, only the cancellation notice that came on the gift cards themselves.

In the meantime, I tried again to check the balance and add to my Disney gift card account. Didn’t work, same errors as before. So I opted to speak with someone to see if they could tell me if the cards were ever active. They were active, but both locked due to too many attempts at entering the EAN number wrong too many times while checking out merchandise. What??? I never attempted to use these cards at all, only add them and I’ve used that site so much that I’m sure I know what I’m doing. Anyway, to make a long story even longer, the person I spoke with told me to call back in an hour and his supervisor would have them unlocked and ready to use. They never asked me for the EAN number, only the GC number, name and phone number. So 2 hours later I called back and they informed me that they were active. I crossed my fingers and added to my gift card account without issue. Then I immediately moved the $ to another card because quite frankly, there is something majorly wrong with these cards and/or this transaction.

Last edited:
They won't even come up when I search them in the Costco search bar a few minutes ago. I was waiting until today to push the payment off another month! UGH! I would have purchased them the other day. Sounds like I should check every day though, but may go to Sam's to get the rest that I need to pay dues. Costco is a much better deal!
How much are they at Sam’s Club? I only have a Costco membership, but can join Sam’s if it’s worth it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter