Club Level at Pixar Place

Yes, thankfully they did the move at no extra charge. It’s really too bad because the view is amazing, but it can’t make up for all that is bad.
So glad they moved you without an extra charge. Sorry you have to deal with switching rooms today though.

Yes. The view rooms at that hotel are incredible! We have not stayed there since the remodel. I’m shocked they did not address the elevator issue during the remodel. That has always been a huge complaint about this hotel.

Appreciate your review as we were considering a club level room here as an extra splurge. Once we heard you cannot take food with you, we had pretty much decided not to try that. We have teens who would want to eat in our room. Not the lounge. So strange that they went this direction for Pixar Place.

Hope the rest of your trip goes well!

Disney’s Pixar Place “club level” review after one day!

First, if you have a reservation here, cancel it or move it to another hotel, or stay off property if necessary.

All the negative people have said above is 100% true. We have stayed club level at The Grand Floridian and The Boardwalk, and it was amazing. I will put a few points below on why I would never stay at, or recommend Pixar Place club level, or really Pixar Place at all.
As a note, my wife articulated the below to hotel staff, and we were moved to Grand Californian (have to check out today at 11, and into the Grand Californian at 3).

Our nightly rate here was about $790.

1. The food: sandwiches in the afternoon were made with stale bread. It was so dry and crumbly, it was honestly hard to swallow. You aren’t allowed to take food out of the club level because it is contracted out to a 3rd party. Every other club level hotel at Disney properties allows you to take food back to your room. If you don’t like Great Maple restaurant, then you will hate the food here even more, as it is managed by the restaurant, not Disney. For the evening bites it was some hummus and vegetables, along with vegan chili. No meat selection. Also, if you have anyone with nut allergies it is impossible to eat here, as half of the items had tree nuts. They had a popcorn salad, which was popcorn, gummy bears, Mike and Ike, and M&Ms in a bowl, no idea who thought that was a good idea. The overall quality of food was at or below school lunch from the 1980s. If you got club level to avoid buying food, you will be disappointed, as you will still need to buy meals, unlike other club levels at other Disney hotels where you can make a meal out of the snacks and offerings. I can’t put into words how honestly horrible the food was.
2. The staff: the first staff member we met was pleasant, and she was helpful. That all ended when the evening staff arrived. I have moderate peanut and tree nut allergies (meaning it probably won’t kill me, but the asthma attack it will cause isn’t fun), this is important below. If you have not stayed club/concierge level at Disney properties before, I will explain quickly. The concierge is basically there so you don’t have to think. They are typically amazing staff who go above and beyond everyday to get answers to any question you have. With that said, my wife asked if the chicken tenders we ordered were cooked in peanut oil. The “concierge” staff said “I don’t know you need to ask the food staff.” In any other Disney property if the concierge personal don’t know they will find out for you, not tell you to ask someone else. My wife asked a food staff member, who asked another food staff member, who went to find a manager of Great Maple, who 15 minutes later came up and said no peanut oil. It should not have been an ordeal, food staff should know what food had allergens. Diverging to the allergen point for another minute. Disneyland online menus are not friendly like Disney World, they don’t list allergens, and don’t have an allergy friendly section. I can manage my allergies easily at Disney World, not here. Back to the staff, again, it just doesn’t meet or even come close to the concierge staff service level at other club level Disney hotels.
3. The elevator. What people have said here is no exaggeration. The 14 story hotel has 3 working elevators (4 normally, but adding one more wouldn’t do much help). We thought we would just use the stairs, wrong! They are locked so once you are out you can’t get back in, even with your key. The hotel staff told us it is because they are for emergencies only. So if there is a fire, good luck getting help if you need it, because the doors will be locked, and the firefighters would need to wrestle with a physical key set from the front desk.

I really can’t say enough bad about this hotel. For nearly $800 a night I expect so much better! Don’t stay here, don’t let your friends stay here, don’t let your enemies stay here.

I might write more later.

KCRykerRider
I'm sorry it was such a disappointing experience. I'm glad they moved you to the Grand and I hope the rest of your trip goes well.

I've considered trying Pixar Place but definitely won't now. I can't believe they still didn't fix the elevators!

Disney’s Pixar Place “club level” review after one day!

1. The food: sandwiches in the afternoon were made with stale bread. It was so dry and crumbly, it was honestly hard to swallow. You aren’t allowed to take food out of the club level because it is contracted out to a 3rd party. Every other club level hotel at Disney properties allows you to take food back to your room. If you don’t like Great Maple restaurant, then you will hate the food here even more, as it is managed by the restaurant, not Disney. For the evening bites it was some hummus and vegetables, along with vegan chili. No meat selection. Also, if you have anyone with nut allergies it is impossible to eat here, as half of the items had tree nuts. They had a popcorn salad, which was popcorn, gummy bears, Mike and Ike, and M&Ms in a bowl, no idea who thought that was a good idea. The overall quality of food was at or below school lunch from the 1980s. If you got club level to avoid buying food, you will be disappointed, as you will still need to buy meals, unlike other club levels at other Disney hotels where you can make a meal out of the snacks and offerings. I can’t put into words how honestly horrible the food was.
2. The staff: the first staff member we met was pleasant, and she was helpful. That all ended when the evening staff arrived. I have moderate peanut and tree nut allergies (meaning it probably won’t kill me, but the asthma attack it will cause isn’t fun), this is important below. If you have not stayed club/concierge level at Disney properties before, I will explain quickly. The concierge is basically there so you don’t have to think. They are typically amazing staff who go above and beyond everyday to get answers to any question you have. With that said, my wife asked if the chicken tenders we ordered were cooked in peanut oil. The “concierge” staff said “I don’t know you need to ask the food staff.” In any other Disney property if the concierge personal don’t know they will find out for you, not tell you to ask someone else. My wife asked a food staff member, who asked another food staff member, who went to find a manager of Great Maple, who 15 minutes later came up and said no peanut oil. It should not have been an ordeal, food staff should know what food had allergens. Diverging to the allergen point for another minute. Disneyland online menus are not friendly like Disney World, they don’t list allergens, and don’t have an allergy friendly section. I can manage my allergies easily at Disney World, not here. Back to the staff, again, it just doesn’t meet or even come close to the concierge staff service level at other club level Disney hotels.
I’m sorry to hear about your experience. My daughter has Sesame and Tree Nut Allergies. Anaphylactic allergies so I’ve always been hesitant on the food benefits of any Club Level room. But even more hesitant on Great Maple vs a Disney owned restaurant. We’ve been to the Pasadena location and we’re fine with expressing the allergens. But I was concern that we wouldn’t get the level of care that we usually get from Disney properties. We are staying this upcoming weekend. First time since renovation to Pixar. But plenty of times as Paradise Pier.
Not a fan that it is no longer the “budget” price of the 3 properties. I was hoping they showed improvement or upgrade

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest