clipboard4.jpg

clipboard5.jpg

clipboard6.jpg

clipboard7.jpg

clipboard8.jpg

today we are making clipboards

Supplies
small clipboard - can be found at Walmart or an Office Supply store
Mod Podge - can be found at most craft stores and possibly Walmart in the craft Dept.
paper
embellishments
foam sponge brush
general scrapbooking tools or tape and scissors
sandpaper
clear sealer

Step 1 - trace the clipboard on the paper. 2 pieces, front and back. The one from Walmart should work with 1 full 12x12 sheet of paper.

Step 2 - cut paper with scissors or paper trimmer.

step 3 - round corners of paper to match corners of clipboard (or skip this step and sand later)

Step 4 - lightly sand both sides of your clipboard with fine grit sandpaper. This will give a better surface for the Mod Podge to adhere too. Be sure to wipe the dust off the board before applying glue.

Step 5 - Trim paper around clip part of board. The plastic one was pretty easy but I have not tried to do a wooden one.

step 6 - apply a light layer of Mod Podge to clipboard and adhere paper. Repeat on both sides. Note: where the grommets are that hold the metal clip in place, when the glue and paper are wet run the stick end of the foam brush around the grommet to stretch the paper, being careful not to tear the paper. Let dry.

step 7 - sand the edges of the paper to make a smooth finish where it joins the board. The paper may pull away from the board, just reapply a small amount of glue.

step 8 - embellish!!!

step 9 - start applying thin layers of Mod Podge. Be sure to get around the edges of the embellishments well. Depending on how bulky your clipboard is will depend on how many layers of glue there will be. Be sure to let the layers dry before applying the next. You want a single surface around the edges of any layers (With the exception of thick 3-D embellies, do the best you can). Like where my tags are for the kids names, run your finger over the edge, it should be a smooth transition. Be sure to do the edges too, so the paper will not peel back.

Allow to dry for a good day or 2 before using to reduce the risk of tackiness. And enjoy!! *sealing with a clear sealer will drastically reduce the tackiness*

Note:
I found that a gentle rub with a baby wipe will erase sharpie marker if you get any on your board.

OOOO... thank you! And I wait anxiously for the slide mounts/exploding boxes/next lesson! :cool1:

Excellent instructions!

Just a small note: When I made mine, I wrapped the paper all the way around the clipboard since the clipboard from AC Moore was surprisingly thick.

thank you so much buffy! i'm hoping to do my clipboard this weekend!!!!! thank you so much!!!!!!!

i'm ready for the slide mounts........:cool1:

not sure i can handle the expolding box. although you do explain everything so well, maybe i could try it!!!!!;)

I love these they are so cute. I've bought some clipboards but haven't ventured into making one yet.

The exploding box is actually really easy. I was surprised how easy it was

Thanks for the lesson, Buffy. Has anyone tried paint on clipboards? Does regular acrilyc paint work well?

I'm thinking about making a clipboard as a birthday gift for my aunt next month. This was just the kick in the pants I needed to try it!

Thanks for the lesson, Buffy. Has anyone tried paint on clipboards? Does regular acrilyc paint work well?

I'm thinking about making a clipboard as a birthday gift for my aunt next month. This was just the kick in the pants I needed to try it!

If you did paint make sure you use a clear acrylic sealer to set everything. I personally have never painted them but the sealer is the way I would go. you can get that at a craft store, it's an aerosol can.

Buffy, those are awesome. You did a terrific job!:goodvibes

I have see clipboards painted. Not sure what kind of paint was used, however.

I found instructions for the exploding box, but I'm beat so I will try again tomorrow.

Oooooooooooh, whats an exploding box?? Sounds intresting!! :) I have to get to the scrap book store and get some nice Dinsey papers for my clip board. If I print out clip art, will the modge podge smear the print? :confused3

Oooooooooooh, whats an exploding box?? Sounds intresting!! :) I have to get to the scrap book store and get some nice Dinsey papers for my clip board. If I print out clip art, will the modge podge smear the print? :confused3

There are a couple of examples on the scrapbooking thread.

Rebecca

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter