Character Heights/CP Auditions

Okay, so I just went to the doctors today for my checkup, and I'm now 5'5.5". Even at this height, would I still be able to be Chip/Dale by the time I go to college in 2014?:confused: If not, I may be tall enough to be the other charachters I mentioned earlier. I just really want to be a really good fur character, and not some "unrecognizable" one.:surfweb:

Also, as in my forum post in the section under "elecTRONica", does anyone know if I could be a DJ at elecTRONica at night, and a character during the day? Is it possible?

At 5'5, you would be too tall for Chip and Dale.

And my guess is no, you would not be able to do both

Okay, so I've now heard this from two friends who have family members of those currently working for Disney-one who is friends with Buzz and another who works the GMR. They've told me that the height for princesses starts at 5'1, and one told me the tallest height acceptable is 5'3. She said it was because they have to be a certain height with their shoes. I was under the impression that most of the princesses wore character shoes, or heels around the same height. I know Rapunzel, at least, wears flats. The only thing I have EVER heard about heights for them is the 5'4-5'7 rule. Is there really a new rule, or do these CMs just not know the height requirements? I am just confused why two people currently working at WDW would have the wrong information. I'm already too tall, so it's not going to crush my dreams or anything, but I would like to be able to give the right info if someone asks me. Personally, I think the "new" heights are rather short.:confused3

I'm just quite confused, any help would be appreciated.

Okay, so I've now heard this from two friends who have family members of those currently working for Disney-one who is friends with Buzz and another who works the GMR. They've told me that the height for princesses starts at 5'1, and one told me the tallest height acceptable is 5'3. She said it was because they have to be a certain height with their shoes. I was under the impression that most of the princesses wore character shoes, or heels around the same height. I know Rapunzel, at least, wears flats. The only thing I have EVER heard about heights for them is the 5'4-5'7 rule. Is there really a new rule, or do these CMs just not know the height requirements? I am just confused why two people currently working at WDW would have the wrong information. I'm already too tall, so it's not going to crush my dreams or anything, but I would like to be able to give the right info if someone asks me. Personally, I think the "new" heights are rather short.:confused3

I'm just quite confused, any help would be appreciated.

One thing I learned at Disney is that not everyone has the correct information. I would say unless they changed it on the Disney auditions website, then you'd be fine. Those heights seem more alone the lines of the "children" like Alice and Wendy.

One thing I learned at Disney is that not everyone has the correct information. I would say unless they changed it on the Disney auditions website, then you'd be fine. Those heights seem more alone the lines of the "children" like Alice and Wendy.

Thanks for the advice! They seemed pretty short to me too-now to head over to the site!

So if I'm 5'8", should I hope they measure me down if I really want to be a princess? I'm going to apply for the Fall 2012 CP whenever the application comes out and it is my dream to be a princess! I've heard that they don't pull many face characters from the CP; is that true?? I'm new here :P

So if I'm 5'8", should I hope they measure me down if I really want to be a princess? I'm going to apply for the Fall 2012 CP whenever the application comes out and it is my dream to be a princess! I've heard that they don't pull many face characters from the CP; is that true?? I'm new here :P

Measuring down or up goes either way, depending on what Disney needs at the moment. I think you would be more likely to be measured down into princess height rather than up, because the next major height range for girls is around 5'10, excepting the stepsisters (and sometimes Mary Poppins). Being picked for face IS pretty unlikely-I've heard of no more than three or four girls being pulled out of a crowd of 70 or so. But with that, I've also read about girls being pulled from the line while waiting to check in on their first day, and about girls being originally rejected, then receiving an email asking them to become a performer. Just don't go into the audition wanting nothing else but to be a princess, because the program is so much more than that! CPers can also be parade performers-the dancers in the parades.

Welcome, and good luck!:thumbsup2

Hi everybody! I'm new here and I have a few questions mostly out of curiosity and sorry if I'm repeating stupid questions but I haven't read this whole thread yet cuz it's SUPER long.

I have a few small moles on my face down by my jawline, would that matter or would they be able to cover them up with make-up?

Also as far as my body type goes, I'm 21, a female, I'm barely 5'3" and average if not on the smaller size as of weight but I'm how you say.... very well endowed in the chestal region... ;) would that be a problem when it comes to costuming?

Now I'm not part of the college program but I'm assuming I would still be able to audition right? I've noticed some people's posts about them holding auditions in Salt Lake City, UT which is good for me because I live right close to there :goodvibes

I don't know how likely it is that I'll actually audition because I don't know how willing my husband would be to spur of the moment uproot to FL or CA. However, he has been wanting to move out of UT and take an adventure so I think I could maybe convince him.

So hypothetical question, say I do audition and I get accepted and all that jazz how much notice would I have before they would want me to be in CA/FL?

Also how likely is it that they would even choose me with my background? The only acting experience I have is some plays in elementary & middle school. I danced when I was younger but only to about age 12 and I also did Color Guard (yes we're the ones with the flags ;)) in high school. Plus I have ZERO work experience that applies to Disney. All of my work experience is either Target or a dental office.

Sorry that this is a very long winded and very unorganized post! Just trying to figure out what I want to do with my life and I figure now while I'm young and I'm not cemented down anywhere is definitely the time to do it and I've always thought it would be so fun to be friends with Alice! Thanks for anyone's help!

Hi everybody! I'm new here and I have a few questions mostly out of curiosity and sorry if I'm repeating stupid questions but I haven't read this whole thread yet cuz it's SUPER long.

I have a few small moles on my face down by my jawline, would that matter or would they be able to cover them up with make-up?

Also as far as my body type goes, I'm 21, a female, I'm barely 5'3" and average if not on the smaller size as of weight but I'm how you say.... very well endowed in the chestal region... ;) would that be a problem when it comes to costuming?

Now I'm not part of the college program but I'm assuming I would still be able to audition right? I've noticed some people's posts about them holding auditions in Salt Lake City, UT which is good for me because I live right close to there :goodvibes

I don't know how likely it is that I'll actually audition because I don't know how willing my husband would be to spur of the moment uproot to FL or CA. However, he has been wanting to move out of UT and take an adventure so I think I could maybe convince him.

So hypothetical question, say I do audition and I get accepted and all that jazz how much notice would I have before they would want me to be in CA/FL?

Also how likely is it that they would even choose me with my background? The only acting experience I have is some plays in elementary & middle school. I danced when I was younger but only to about age 12 and I also did Color Guard (yes we're the ones with the flags ;)) in high school. Plus I have ZERO work experience that applies to Disney. All of my work experience is either Target or a dental office.

Sorry that this is a very long winded and very unorganized post! Just trying to figure out what I want to do with my life and I figure now while I'm young and I'm not cemented down anywhere is definitely the time to do it and I've always thought it would be so fun to be friends with Alice! Thanks for anyone's help!

Welcome to the boards! Whereabouts in Utah are you from? I'm from af, but live in Logan :) I know that I have a friend who is short and very well endowed as well, which really limits her to fur characters unfortunately...but it's still worth a try as she was at one time approved for Alice but couldn't move to Florida at that time(she too is from Utah, though i met her out there. but she is seasonal and never been a cp).

I beleive that you have like 6 months or so to be able to move out there, but I'm not sure on the process of when you would give them your availability as I'm not familiar with that part. I am pretty sure though that you would just attend the cp audition in slc, (which I think is usually held at center stage dance studio, but it could have changed) and just tell them you're not there for the cp, but there for a seasonal, full time, or part time. The unfortunate thing about not doing it through the cp is they do not provide housing for you, you have to find your own before moving down there. Also the auditions in slc are only for wdw, for Disneyland auditions, you have to go down to Anaheim( I've had a friend do that and she said it was intense).

Anyways you should try anyways because you never know what will happen, and if you get offered a role, you can decide what to do from there. Like with my friend before, she wasn't able to go down at that time, but then auditioned a year later and was able to move down then, but unfortunately she wasn't pulled for face the second time around. Face is all about what they need at that time and that can change a lot!

I am trying to get my husband to move back down with me someday, and probably doing a cp as he is tall and would do well as being friends with goofy.

Whereabouts in Utah are you from? I'm from af, but live in Logan :)

Hey fellow Utahan! I'm originally from Tremonton but I'm living in Bountiful right now.

I'd hate to just be limited to fur characters because of being well endowed. Guess I'll just have to layer on the sports bras!

So I am allowed to audition in SLC even though I'm not in the CP right? Cuz I don't know if I want to fly to Orlando just for an audition having no idea what my chances are to actually get in.

Hey fellow Utahan! I'm originally from Tremonton but I'm living in Bountiful right now.

I'd hate to just be limited to fur characters because of being well endowed. Guess I'll just have to layer on the sports bras!

So I am allowed to audition in SLC even though I'm not in the CP right? Cuz I don't know if I want to fly to Orlando just for an audition having no idea what my chances are to actually get in.

You should be able to, that's what my friend did both times she auditioned.

I've known several face characters who were quite busty. A few that were surgically enhanced to become that way. It's not a deal breaker by any means. At 5'3 you could end up raised into the standard princess range where curves won't be as much of an issue as for the girlish characters like Alice/Wendy. Although the Alice/Wendy costumes camoflauge well.
I've had mixed experience with moles. I've worked with girls with minor facial moles but I also know a girl who was taken out of face for a beauty mark.

I've known several face characters who were quite busty. A few that were surgically enhanced to become that way. It's not a deal breaker by any means. At 5'3 you could end up raised into the standard princess range where curves won't be as much of an issue as for the girlish characters like Alice/Wendy. Although the Alice/Wendy costumes camoflauge well.
I've had mixed experience with moles. I've worked with girls with minor facial moles but I also know a girl who was taken out of face for a beauty mark.

I forgot that princess height started right around there. And that's good info! Not for me of course, as I know I could never be face, but that's alright by me :) but it's good for others on the boards! Thanks for being able to fill in the blanks, as I haven't ever worked in entertainment, I just know a few small details from the friends I had who did work in entertainment.

I was just wondering, when's the last time the height requirements were changed? I have seen a set that people said were older...do they reevaluate them every year or so, or is it just when people are coming in mostly taller or shorter? And how much does it move?

Do you happen to know what kind of make up they use to cover them up? Is it some kind of magic Disney make up or is it something that I could buy and experiment with here at home?

It seems a certain number of characters are chosen from each audition location. Is it a percentage of the number of people that audition from a location? Do you have any better chance of becoming a character if you audition in a certain location, say one that has a smaller number of people at the audition? Are the odds more difficult to get chosen in Orlando? Anyone else wonder about this?

I really want to audition this year because I chickened out when I applied for the CP in 2010. :(

I believe I am 5''4' and I know that is a chipmunk height. Am I tall enough to be friends with other characters? Or am I tall enough to be just friends with the chipmunks?

I really want to audition this year because I chickened out when I applied for the CP in 2010. :(

I believe I am 5''4' and I know that is a chipmunk height. Am I tall enough to be friends with other characters? Or am I tall enough to be just friends with the chipmunks?

I believe you can also be friends with pooh bear. But be warned, if your approved to be his friend, you may work at crystal palace all the time! Lol!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter