Character Heights/CP Auditions

It's a really random question but I just want to ask that when people meant of having acting experience, does doing a few plays in school counts as them. And do they help in the improvisation part in the auditions for character performers?

I would say definitely yes. Being in a theater program tends to give people a good grasp on improvisation, how to exaggerate your movements and make them look convincing towards the audience at the same time, and generally give you some confidence in your acting skills. I would say the difference between a pantomime done by someone with training and the pantomime done by someone with no training would be pretty noticable... but who knows, some people are naturally awesome at those things!

I just went to the doctor for my check-up (I'm not in college...I'm a teen) and I'm 5'1. However...they say my full height will probably be 5'5. What characters would be okay for me?? Any princesses?? I'd REALLY love to be Rapunzel or Ariel...but it's just an idea.

I had posted earlier...but didnt know what my full height would be.

I just went to the doctor for my check-up (I'm not in college...I'm a teen) and I'm 5'1. However...they say my full height will probably be 5'5. What characters would be okay for me?? Any princesses?? I'd REALLY love to be Rapunzel or Ariel...but it's just an idea.

I had posted earlier...but didnt know what my full height would be.

All the princesses are from 5'3-5'7 so any of them if you do reach that height.

im a male, about 5'9
IMG_0271-1.jpg

i would really like to be a face charachter, maybe terence?

You definitely have the look for a prince, in my opinion, but I don't know if they allow the princes to be lower than 6'0. Too tall for Terrence though :/

Hi :flower3:
i looked through many previous pages, and the only height chart i could find was from 2008.

I'm 5'9", female, and I've been told I look belle-ish, almost like kate winslet and keira knightley?
Anyways.
I have some minor minor dance experience, but I am one of the most inflexible women I've ever known (if that effects the audition? Idk, thought I'd throw that in there :upsidedow)
Any hope for me? What roles would be available to me?
TIA!

OMG CORRI I MISS YOU!! COME BACK TO DISNEY!!!!!!

Btw, this is your fake friend Steph ;) You WOULD know what height the bunnies are ;)

Hahhah Steph! I miss you too. I might be going down towards the end of October if I get a few days off work, but if not, I won't be down until like...August :( Sucks. But, it has the potential to be for a good while so then maybe we can be real friends.
PS- Yes, I unfortunately would know that bunny height...but I wish I didn't ;)

I know this has been on the disneyauditions.com site for awhile, but they just launched an official CP blog and have audition info in one, nice, tidy location:

http://www.disneyprogramsblog.com/?p=474

One of my biggest complaints with the new site is the lack of some important info. The entertainment info is something that they lost. It is now buried at the bottom of the role listings page. They were kind enough to inform everyone that the auditions for the 2011 Fall program were over (thanks, Disney!).

Hopefully the new blog will help out with that stuff.

So all of these posts are about height... what are they looking for facially and body type for princesses?

Hi :flower3:
i looked through many previous pages, and the only height chart i could find was from 2008.

I'm 5'9", female, and I've been told I look belle-ish, almost like kate winslet and keira knightley?
Anyways.
I have some minor minor dance experience, but I am one of the most inflexible women I've ever known (if that effects the audition? Idk, thought I'd throw that in there :upsidedow)
Any hope for me? What roles would be available to me?
TIA!
:worship:
YOU ARE MY SOULMATE!

This is my exact, AND I MEAN EXACT, predicament!
Except for the dancing part. I've been dancing for a while now.

And while we're on the subject of requirements for Belle, why are they always tan?at least the ones I've seen. She's French! French aren't tan!
And so much older than the other princesses! I wasn't aware that she was really signifigantly much older than the others.

Does anyone know the sizes for characters? I am 6'1 and a size 12-14. Is that too big? I'm not going for face.

You are in the special consideration range, meaning being 6' and taller is good :goodvibes also I don't think the size you say you are is too big either, I'm the same size too and though I sometimes feel big(just insecurities) I realize that I am normal. I say go for it!!! I'm pretty sure my friend is about th same size too and she is tall like you as well and she hung out with the goof most the time, and sometimes woody as well

You are in the special consideration range, meaning being 6' and taller is good :goodvibes also I don't think the size you say you are is too big either, I'm the same size too and though I sometimes feel big(just insecurities) I realize that I am normal. I say go for it!!! I'm pretty sure my friend is about th same size too and she is tall like you as well and she hung out with the goof most the time, and sometimes woody as well

Yeah, I don't think I'm big, I just might be by Disney standards lol Thanks for the encouragement!

I just heard from a friend a rumour that Disney stopped accepting Characters from the ICP in 2008. If so, that's incredibly disappointing, because if I were doing the ICP, that would be my dream role.
I guess I'll have to stick to regular auditions and such. There's one coming up soon, but I'm not ready. I'm getting into some dance classes soon, so I'm hoping my chances will improve to meet some new friends!

I just heard from a friend a rumour that Disney stopped accepting Characters from the ICP in 2008. If so, that's incredibly disappointing, because if I were doing the ICP, that would be my dream role.
I guess I'll have to stick to regular auditions and such. There's one coming up soon, but I'm not ready. I'm getting into some dance classes soon, so I'm hoping my chances will improve to meet some new friends!

I'm glad to say that I can disprove this rumor. :goodvibes

I'm in the program at the moment, and I've met 5 different people who are character performers for this season who are doing the ICP: 2 from China and 3 from the United Kingdom. I'm pretty sure there are more, as well. I would still check with a recruiter because every season is different and Disney can always change its mind if it wants to, but at least for right now there are ICP performers here in Orlando.

Alright, so after reading through this entire thread, I just want to clarify a couple of things and get a lot of opinions on it.

#1: When Disney measures you, yes they can measure you up, down or at the same height you're used to. But I've heard most people get measured down. I'm 5'3''.8 when I last got measured. However, I can find that that can change a bit depending on how I'm standing or if my head's tilted at all. (not slouching or tip toes, but just alignment & junk). Any opinions?

#2: For parade/character performers/look alikes, auditions, that are NOT for the college program, does one need a resume/headshot??

At your height, measuring you up or down wouldn't really change your range so you should be measured fairly true to your height. Resumes and headshots aren't really a big deal for character auditions, some people bring them but most don't.

Hey! I'm auditioning in Philly for face on November 6th. I know that there's an audition in nashville tomorrow. I was wondering if anyone was going or if you know anyone that is. I'm really curious to see if they're bringing costumes/wigs on the road. Could someone let me know because I believe it'd be the same group in Philly two days later? THANKS!

Daughter wants to audition for entertainment, face character and dance. Are there dancers in the CP? If so, should she fill out an application online and then go audition? Should she wait until after the phone interview?

She was unable to audition at one of the colleges on the tour so could she just show up in Orlando for one of the auditions?

Sorry for so many questions, but I haven't found the answers to these while researching. The entertainment area of the CP seems very confusing. Trying to decide whether it's possible to audition in the CP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter