Character Heights/CP Auditions

Daughter wants to audition for entertainment, face character and dance. Are there dancers in the CP? If so, should she fill out an application online and then go audition? Should she wait until after the phone interview?

She was unable to audition at one of the colleges on the tour so could she just show up in Orlando for one of the auditions?

Sorry for so many questions, but I haven't found the answers to these while researching. The entertainment area of the CP seems very confusing. Trying to decide whether it's possible to audition in the CP.

It is possible to get cast in something (parade, ect) while on the CP, but it's not common. CPs in entertainment mostly do meet and greets

Daughter wants to audition for entertainment, face character and dance. Are there dancers in the CP? If so, should she fill out an application online and then go audition? Should she wait until after the phone interview?

She was unable to audition at one of the colleges on the tour so could she just show up in Orlando for one of the auditions?

Sorry for so many questions, but I haven't found the answers to these while researching. The entertainment area of the CP seems very confusing. Trying to decide whether it's possible to audition in the CP.

There are movers (Character Performers) and Dancers (Equity Performers). The CP offers roles for Character Performers, which may include Mover roles in parades and some shows. As Joanna mentioned, it's not common. However, there are no CP Dancers, those require a seperate audition process.

To be eligible for CP Entertainment, she must attend a specific CP audition (they do have one in Orlando). If she does a different Orlando audition, then that would be for Seasonal, Part Time, or Full Time.

It is recommended to complete the interview process before attending an audition. Typically, a person is "invited" to audition based on their interview.

My daugther auditioned in Philadelphia and made it through the first cut and was told she would know if she made it in mid-November. She applied to the CP Program two days later. She was accepted into the CP Program in full service restaurant about two weeks ago. She found today that she made the cut for character/dancer. They will now move her to Entertainment. She is beyond thrilled!

Hey! I'm auditioning in Philly for face on November 6th. I know that there's an audition in nashville tomorrow. I was wondering if anyone was going or if you know anyone that is. I'm really curious to see if they're bringing costumes/wigs on the road. Could someone let me know because I believe it'd be the same group in Philly two days later? THANKS!

My son auditioned a couple weeks ago in Atlanta and they had no wigs or costumes along. I know they did when my daughter auditioned a couple years ago, so expected but didnt see them.

D

I am pretty sure they don't bring wigs and such on the road anymore. I at least know they haven't for the last few seasons. Usually they mark your application if they thing you have potential for face and then fit you once you get to Orlando.

I'm think about going to the character/mover audition on November 17th. I would much rather be a mover in the parades and shows. I was wondering if someone could give me a run down of the audition? I have dance experience. I took ballet, tap and gymnastics for a couple of years.

Thanks! :)

Hey so quick question.

I'm five nine, and if I'm correct (which I'm usually not) none of the face characters fall in my height range, I'm sort of in between them. So I know that it depends on the needs of the company when I audition, but do y'all know if it would be more likely I would be rounded down into the princess or Mary Poppins category or something, or up to Cruella and Maleficent?

I'm purely just curious, and I'm only asking for the height aspect, because I've just never seen my height listed for face.

And do they have height restrictions on the parade performers?

So all of these posts are about height... what are they looking for facially and body type for princesses?

For facial features, it just kind of depends on the princess. There are certain things that define each one. Like for example, for Aurora they look for a longer pointer nose than they do for say, Cinderella. It just really depends.
For body type, skinnyish, smaller build, and average sized b00bs: You need to be able to fill out the costume, but not be bulging out of it.

Hey so quick question.

I'm five nine, and if I'm correct (which I'm usually not) none of the face characters fall in my height range, I'm sort of in between them. So I know that it depends on the needs of the company when I audition, but do y'all know if it would be more likely I would be rounded down into the princess or Mary Poppins category or something, or up to Cruella and Maleficent?

I'm purely just curious, and I'm only asking for the height aspect, because I've just never seen my height listed for face.

And do they have height restrictions on the parade performers?

You won't be put in the princess range because they probably won't measure you 2 inches down. In that range, the only ones I know of are Anastasia, Drizella, and Mary Poppins. The villians are typically 5'10/5'11 and up. There is the chance they could measure you up though, which is more likely than being measured down. For parades, they need different sized people for different sections of parades.

Ok, so I am wondering how advanced the dances are at the auditions. I'm a fairly experienced dancer who can do triples and fouettes and kicks above the head, but are the dances harder than that?

For facial features, it just kind of depends on the princess. There are certain things that define each one. Like for example, for Aurora they look for a longer pointer nose than they do for say, Cinderella. It just really depends.
For body type, skinnyish, smaller build, and average sized b00bs: You need to be able to fill out the costume, but not be bulging out of it.

You won't be put in the princess range because they probably won't measure you 2 inches down. In that range, the only ones I know of are Anastasia, Drizella, and Mary Poppins. The villians are typically 5'10/5'11 and up. There is the chance they could measure you up though, which is more likely than being measured down. For parades, they need different sized people for different sections of parades.

Okay thanks so much! Mary Poppins...most adorable character EVER.:) I love having a place!

Hi, everyone!
I'm new to this forum, and I had some questions about the auditions for the "fur" character performers. I was planning on being part of the DCP after high school, (I am currently a sophomore), and am curious:

1.) I don't know what character I would get if I made it through. I am 5'4 1/2", I weigh about 120 pounds, and the characters I want to (hopefully) get are Donald, Stitch, Chip or Dale, Buzz Lightyear, and (if I ever get tall enough) Pluto.

2.) The only acting experience I've ever had was in two plays in middle school, and I'm not very good at dancing. Is that going to be a problem?

Any other additional info from what the auditions are like, and what a typical day on the job is like would be appreciated! :)

Hi everyone!

So I know that the height cap on Tinker Bell is 5'2". I'm 5'3". Does anyone know if they ever accept anyone who is an inch off? I want to portray Tinker Bell more than anything! And can anyone tell me of any specific facial/body details that they look for (if you're able to say)? Thank you! :tinker:

Tinkerbell is a Disney villain, she tried to kill Wendy.

:rotfl2:
this is so true!!! But I love her still, she's been my fav for years!!!

Anyways, if you're close to the height and Disney really wants you, they will measure you at what height they want you to be, usually give or take an inch from your real height.

:rotfl2:
this is so true!!! But I love her still, she's been my fav for years!!!

Anyways, if you're close to the height and Disney really wants you, they will measure you at what height they want you to be, usually give or take an inch from your real height.

Thank you! And Wendy totally had it coming, getting in between Tink and Peter. ;)

Hi, everyone!
I'm new to this forum, and I had some questions about the auditions for the "fur" character performers. I was planning on being part of the DCP after high school, (I am currently a sophomore), and am curious:

1.) I don't know what character I would get if I made it through. I am 5'4 1/2", I weigh about 120 pounds, and the characters I want to (hopefully) get are Donald, Stitch, Chip or Dale, Buzz Lightyear, and (if I ever get tall enough) Pluto.

2.) The only acting experience I've ever had was in two plays in middle school, and I'm not very good at dancing. Is that going to be a problem?

Any other additional info from what the auditions are like, and what a typical day on the job is like would be appreciated! :)

1. At 5'4, you would be "friends" with Chip and Dale (you're too tall for Donald and Stitch, and too short for Buzz and Pluto unless you are measured up).

2. No. I know people who have passed the audition without dance experience

Does anyone know if there will be auditions for CPs while on the program? I am in spring advantage and didn't think I would actually get an entertainment role so didn't bother, until I saw how many people did. I have 10 years of dancing experience and i am 5/2-5'3. My dream would be to be in a disney parade.
If anyone could help me out that'd be great :)

Does anyone know if there will be auditions for CPs while on the program? I am in spring advantage and didn't think I would actually get an entertainment role so didn't bother, until I saw how many people did. I have 10 years of dancing experience and i am 5/2-5'3. My dream would be to be in a disney parade.
If anyone could help me out that'd be great :)

The main CP audition is the extension audition (which is towards the end of the current program). There may be others, but they mainly are certain face auditions

1. At 5'4, you would be "friends" with Chip and Dale (you're too tall for Donald and Stitch, and too short for Buzz and Pluto unless you are measured up).

2. No. I know people who have passed the audition without dance experience

Okay, so I just went to the doctors today for my checkup, and I'm now 5'5.5". Even at this height, would I still be able to be Chip/Dale by the time I go to college in 2014?:confused: If not, I may be tall enough to be the other charachters I mentioned earlier. I just really want to be a really good fur character, and not some "unrecognizable" one.:surfweb:

Also, as in my forum post in the section under "elecTRONica", does anyone know if I could be a DJ at elecTRONica at night, and a character during the day? Is it possible?

Ok, so I am wondering how advanced the dances are at the auditions. I'm a fairly experienced dancer who can do triples and fouettes and kicks above the head, but are the dances harder than that?
Not at all, even the advanced dance portion of the audition is not going to be that in depth. The basic audition is just a combination across the floor, marching in place, skipping, ball changes, etc. Having those skills will help you because clearly you're coordinated enough but it won't be necessary in a regular character/mover audition.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter