I now have a 6-day PH which would be more than I need. If I purchased a ticket for fewer days, would I be able to add it to my MDE and how would I know it would be the ticket that is being used on our trip. Am I able to remove the 6-day PH and add a 3-4 day pass in place of it and save the 6-day PH for future trip?

Yes, you can add a second ticket. If possible, you may want to "move" the current ticket to another profile -- maybe a dummy with your initials or middle name. That is the surest way to keep them from getting mixed up. Alternatively, you will need to stop at Guest Relations or a ticket window and have the shorter ticket prioritized -- THEN CHECK once you enter a park to be sure it took from the right ticket. It is much easier to get that fixed while onsite.

The current 6-day ticket cannot be "removed" but as noted above it can be moved to another profile (and then shifted back). Be sure to move it back before the expiration date or it will disappear from your view. Even if it disappears, the credit can be used towards a future ticket of equal or greater value. Credit will be what WDW charged for that ticket online on the date you purchased it, and you'll need to pay any extra for new dates.

I'm sure this has been answered but I can't seem to find the information. Due to DH's injury, we may have to cut down our trip to WDW next week. I now have a 6-day PH which would be more than I need. If I purchased a ticket for fewer days, would I be able to add it to my MDE and how would I know it would be the ticket that is being used on our trip. Am I able to remove the 6-day PH and add a 3-4 day pass in place of it and save the 6-day PH for future trip? Thanks in advance.
It's not the cleanest solution, but the easiest thing that I did in a situation like this was:

1) make a dummy profile on my Friends and Family list, and assign the 6 Day PH to that placeholder profile. I literally named mine "Ticket Mule".
2) Put the new 3-4 day ticket on your actual profile, so during the trip you only have that one ticket that could possibly get used
3) after the trip, you can transfer the 6 Day PH back to your own profile

EDIT: what lanejudy said :)

Yes, you can add a second ticket. If possible, you may want to "move" the current ticket to another profile -- maybe a dummy with your initials or middle name. That is the surest way to keep them from getting mixed up. Alternatively, you will need to stop at Guest Relations or a ticket window and have the shorter ticket prioritized -- THEN CHECK once you enter a park to be sure it took from the right ticket. It is much easier to get that fixed while onsite.

The current 6-day ticket cannot be "removed" but as noted above it can be moved to another profile (and then shifted back). Be sure to move it back before the expiration date or it will disappear from your view. Even if it disappears, the credit can be used towards a future ticket of equal or greater value. Credit will be what WDW charged for that ticket online on the date you purchased it, and you'll need to pay any extra for new dates.

It's not the cleanest solution, but the easiest thing that I did in a situation like this was:

1) make a dummy profile on my Friends and Family list, and assign the 6 Day PH to that placeholder profile. I literally named mine "Ticket Mule".
2) Put the new 3-4 day ticket on your actual profile, so during the trip you only have that one ticket that could possibly get used
3) after the trip, you can transfer the 6 Day PH back to your own profile

EDIT: what lanejudy said :)
Thank you both so much! This is very helpful and good to know.

Even if it disappears, the credit can be used towards a future ticket of equal or greater value. Credit will be what WDW charged for that ticket online on the date you purchased it, and you'll need to pay any extra for new dates.
How do you go about asking for a credit for tickets that were never used and have disappeared? I didn't know this was possible and just assumed they were a total loss to us so I never even asked about it. Also, how much time is too much time to have elapsed since the disappearing happened?

How do you go about asking for a credit for tickets that were never used and have disappeared? I didn't know this was possible and just assumed they were a total loss to us so I never even asked about it. Also, how much time is too much time to have elapsed since the disappearing happened?
The CM can see it on their end. It just disappears from the guest's view. I recommend making note of the ticket number and value for future reference; any details you can note will help (dates, etc.) but the CM should be able to see it regardless. Occasionally folks post that a ticket got "lost" and the CM had to locate it, but that's not very often.

I'm not positive if an unused but expired ticket will disappear immediately or not. But usually in fairly short time after the stated stated valid use window ends.

I had to do this a few years ago. My husband and I went on our honeymoon back in 2001 and we had a PH day that we didn't use. They asked for the time frame of when they were bought and they were able to look up the information and we just added on to them.

The CM can see it on their end. It just disappears from the guest's view. I recommend making note of the ticket number and value for future reference; any details you can note will help (dates, etc.) but the CM should be able to see it regardless. Occasionally folks post that a ticket got "lost" and the CM had to locate it, but that's not very often.

I'm not positive if an unused but expired ticket will disappear immediately or not. But usually in fairly short time after the stated stated valid use window ends.
Ours disappeared about 10 days after the valid use window. I had no idea I could ask for a credit so at the time I didn't ask. Some time later a relative told me that a credit could have been given but by then I had no information such as the ticket numbers because I didn't save anything thinking it was a loss and wanting to not dwell on it. Now I'm wondering if it's worth pursuing but it's been several months.

I had to do this a few years ago. My husband and I went on our honeymoon back in 2001 and we had a PH day that we didn't use. They asked for the time frame of when they were bought and they were able to look up the information and we just added on to them.
Wow. Okay. I guess I'll give it a try. The lost tickets total about $1600 for our family.

How do you go about asking for a credit for tickets that were never used and have disappeared?
The key here is “never used.” Partially-used multi-day ticket are gone after expiration. Years ago (PP mentions 2001) tickets never expired and days left on partially-used tickets could be used on a later trip.

Has anyone updated the card on their annual pass payment plan mid year? I’m getting a new card and I’m not sure if it’s going to be a hassle to get that updated.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter