Just passing through.

Still one more day of travel
before I’m home.
Been interesting going without
Wifi (and sometimes cell) coverage
for days.

Saw some nice sights, though. :)

Will catch up soonish. :)

I think I asked before where you went, but maybe not. Now I'm really curious where you went.... :rolleyes1

I read the first post of this trip report and had to stop...before I go any further, I am going back and reading all your other reports in timeline order. I just finished the first one. It was awesome. My husband is ill and we have not been able to travel to WDW since 2008. I started coming on here to get me through the low times. He had a bad few months and it has been really hard. Reading the trip reports has been therapeutic. I am really enjoying yours.

Still trying to catch up
with life before I catch up
on the DIS.

I'll get here
(and to all your TRs too!)
as soon as I can.
Possibly starting tomorrow.

Meanwhile...
to answer some questions
of where I've been.... well...
I've been for a little drive,

Here. <click me!>

Still trying to catch up
on the DIS.

I'll get here
as soon as I can.

Meanwhile...
to answer some questions

Here. <click me!>

Oh HELLO!! So nice of you to drop in. I think you've missed a ton on the DIS...

Haha, not really but hope you're having a great vacation!

Still trying to catch up
on the DIS.

I'll get here
as soon as I can.

Meanwhile...
to answer some questions

Here. <click me!>
Looks like a pretty good drive. Did you go visit Liesa or one of the DISdads or both?

Dang you got in another update before I had a chance to reply. Your TR was next on my list!

tumblr_olczgwwajU1w2pygdo1_500.gif

Actually there are quite a few in the area and if you count San Diego area even more.

Yes.... but only one that I was
interested at that time. :)

Yeah but I believe that's when DCA was still a parking lot.

Opened in 2001...
I suspect she was on to
other adventures by then.

I pass underneath that every day. Well at least days when I leave my house.

You do???
Did I not see that????

I need coffee before i even enter the park!

So you and Liesa
are birds of a feather.

Oh hush, it's a perfectly fine castle, not that towering monstrosity.

:lmao:

Touched on a nerve, did I?

Well I'll give you that Haunted Mansion is the best ride, but half the year it has the Nightmare Before Christmas overlay which has become tiring for me.

I can see that.
I'd like to see the overlay...

Once.

After that it better be back
to "normal" afterwards!

That's right it was still open when you were here. I have yet to see the new version with the new Red Head.

I haven't seen the new one, of course.
But I have seen photos.
I'm actually okay with that.

With the exception that I assume
they no longer say
"We wants the redhead!"

Sad about that.
Despite any connotations.

I need to do that!

If only just for that.

::yes:: You should!

You see this is a pet peeve of mine. You disembark from a ship, but Disney has been coined a new term "debark" which sounds stupid to me.

debark...

That's what you might do
to an easily overly stimulated dog.

If you were cruel.

Always a problem when a ride undergoes a refurb.

Oh, is that what was going on?
I hadn't realized.
I was just going where I was led.

Oh come on, it's Disney, you're safe!

Uh, huh.

Remind me to walk behind you
when approaching water-ways
in WDW.

::yes:: I'm still trying to master it!

I'd love to take a crack at it
with my good camera,
fast lens, wide open aperture,
high ISO.

Yes it is and I need to have some again soon.

Did you?
I suspect you're more likely
to get some before I am!

Must have been a long trip. How many beaches are near the Peg?

Hmmm... Define "near".
The one we like to go to
is about an hour and half drive.
Within that distance?
Not sure... A dozen or more?

Where ya goin'?

I do believe I answered you. :)

No we didn't do anything else, we barely made it to the show before the doors opened.

Phew! No notes didn't fail me!

Pssshaaaw! I can't watch that show without bursting out into tears, that's why I brought extra napkins from lunch.

Could've shared!
I didn't know they'd have
sliced onions going!

I agree with you. I really like TOT at DHS, but this one was kind of meh. The whole part where your car moves out into the hallway wasn't possible with the amount of land that they had available, but I really like this storyline for this incarnation of the ride.

I really enjoyed it.
Enough so that I'd like to do it again.
I don't think I appreciated it
as much as I should have.
Too busy trying to pose
for the camera.

Of course we were! Didn't we get Steppenwolf

No idea!

Fran has a theory that the heavier car wins. Notice we had an empty seat....

So it's that missing single rider's fault!

Nope, but I did forget where you left off other than Key Lime Pie.

That's okay.
I don't remember either!

Yes, I did. My favorite breakfast and I hope he escaped in the breakout!

;)

Ok. So I got on my laptop today and thought it was time to actually reply. And figured, "eh, I can probably squeeze replies to two posts." Only to login and see a NEW post. So here are 3 posts of replies all in one.

I'm tricky that way.

(Don't say I never do anything for you)

Okay, I won't.
Not after the head's up
on a certain ice cream shop.

Crap. I don't remember what this pertained to. Oh well, next quote.

This is my mom and I when we travel together. Generally complete insanity inside the car but we're laughing too.

:goodvibes
Love it when that happens.
Pretty rare for me
since I do most of my driving solo.

Ok, I read it. Recognized about 3 things. I don't do mixed drinks. We always just stick to beer and wine. The last time I went to the ABC store I felt really bold and adventurous....to come home and realize I'd bought 3 different types of the same liqueur :headache:

:laughing:

This looks delicious. I love seafood boils. The only problem is, my husband may or may not have a slight allergy to shellfish, so........not really something I can order a lot.

I have the same issue with Ruby.

Ok, what exactly is a rhubarb? To be honest I've never had one/seen one.

I see this one was already
deftly handled by @MeghanEmily

Thanks!

Not for me!

::yes::

Yes!!!!! I may have told you this story when you were here, but just in case I didn't:
We decided to splurge on the Bronze Badge when we went to the 100th Indy 500. It was a bit of a steep cost, but we remembered sadly standing outside the fence looking longingly inside the last 500 we went to when we didn't have the badge. So our first day at the track we flash our spiffy pins, walk into the garage area, and notice an older, no longer active driver with a small crowd around him (clearly very memorable, as I have no idea who it was.) Mom and I are kind of off to the side and a golf cart pulls up behind us. Mario Andretti gets off. I'm smacking her, she's smacking my dad, and we sort of quietly sidle up, and I ask for a selfie.

mario-jpg.335594

You had told me... but this is
the first time I've seen the photo!

(Just a tad envious. ;))

This was Joe's favorite part. Funnily enough, we watched one crew member out in the hot sun doing nothing but replacing the right rear tire. He'd literally put one on, wait a second, take it off and put the one beside him on, then repeat with the tire he'd just removed. We joked that he must have been the backup crew member called in that day. Fast forward to race day, and guess which tire comes off the car. Don't think he's a crew member anymore.

No way!

:rotfl:

"Harry. We're gonna give you a shot.
But if you mess it up..."

HINCH!!!!!!!! He's my mom's favorite, and definitely in my top 10.

I haven't finished watching Toronto yet,
but did you catch Iowa?

Sounds cool! And you know that little boy will remember that for years.

Definitely in my top 5. Such a cutie :love:

Who? This guy?

indycar-firestone-tire-testing-2016-josef-newgarden-team-penske-chevrolet.jpg

I'll admit, I go back and forth with TK. I used to really like him, then I felt he got kind of arrogant. I don't dislike him the way I do Will Power or Sato. And man, gotta hate a sport where 40 is essentially too old.

Most sports are like that I guess.
I know what you mean about TK, though.

I think it was last year... at Texas?
He was overly aggressive and
cost a couple drivers their race.

I was pretty surprised, tbh.

Stupid Firehawk :mad: Back when Indy raced in Richmond we'd go, and there was one race where he consistently ignored our sides of the stand. The guy behind us said "I'm not playing anymore" and sat down. We have very strong feelings of dislike towards him.

Good. He's a jerk.
Hurting people either
physically or emotionally.

Not me!!!!!

:hug:

Even I know it was Grizzly Peak. But we spent a lot of time in California Adventure when we went in 2016.

Well, there ya go!
I've hardly spent any time there at all!

I love this saying. I have a shirt with it on there.

:goodvibes

I have definitely had my share of Disney mornings like this. Coffees an easy fix. It was the one morning I was fixating on a cheese danish that proved to be problematic...

They should hand those out
at park entrance.
Scan your ticket, grab your danish.

Disney needs to hire me.

It is small, isn't it? I remember walking in after preparing Joe that it was much smaller, and he asks "Does it get bigger when we get closer?" :rotfl:

You really are. I don't share Dole Whips. Not even with Joe. He can get his own.

This one a one time offer.
One not to be repeated!!!

There are limits.

No. Absolutely not.

You're wrong.
But just for fun,
what do you think
is the best ride?
(You'll still be wrong, though.)

Joe enjoyed the DL version so much I think we rode it 6 times? I think I napped on the last one.

Awww... poor tuckered out
(or bored out of her mind)
Annie.

We didn't do the Riverboat, but we did do the canoes and still comment on how it was one of our favorite experiences.

That's one I doubt I'll ever do.
When I canoe, I like to be in charge.
You can provide muscle power if you like,
but I'll sit in the stern and steer.

I have a few photos like this. Generally either Joe or my dad are the culprit. Mom knows better and just stays out of our way.

It made me laugh when I took it. :)

Meh. We're not churro fans. Had one at DL because it seemed like the thing to do, and I think we did end up throwing some of it away.

Huh.
Threw some away.

Well... guess there's only
one way I'll find out if
it's the end all and be all...
or just "meh".

Oh man. I almost died on that ride. I was on the outside, and I remember feeling like I was literally going to fly out of the vehicle. I thought it was just me and the fact I prefer inside seats, until Joe reached out and put his arm around my shoulders to anchor me in.

Whoa. Then again... if you'd been thrown,
I bet Joe could've gotten a lifetime pass.

I had this time!!!!

;)

Ugh. I despised that show. And my ex-boyfriend liked it. I think I generally read if he wanted to watch it.

This is a good reason to dumb him.
Joe doesn't watch it obviously,
so that's an upgrade right there.

We were lucky and were there the very last weekend Aladdin was playing. We caught it on our first day and absolutely loved it. Talked about wanting to see it on its last showing. At park opening, the line to get a showing assigned (because there were so many people) wrapped from the theatre, around the Hollywood studios area, back to the entrance of the park and started to double around. We decided once was enough.

Whoa. Nope!
I don't care how good it is.
Nope!

I think we lost every time we rode.

Need to tweak the handling probably.

Did you really redneck ride photo?

Well..... there's a story there.
Alison told me that if I got the number
of the photo that she could send it to me.
(She has photopass with her AP, I suppose.)
But.... It's just not in me to bother her
to look for it.
So....

There ya go.

I hate bothering people.

Erg. Bad memories. We shuffled to I think four different places trying to get a decent view, and then right before the parade started had a guy with a kid on his shoulders on one side, and then an iPad photographer on the other. I watched through about 4 square inches of space. I told Joe I'd love to go back and actually see the parade.

:( Ugh.

Yes, I say you qualify for a do-over.

Nope! Not gonna lie, anxiously awaiting when you get to NC.

:) Soon.

Only saw one this time.

All will be revealed...
next update.

Thanks. Nice to have time to be back.

:hug:

Online classes are easier. The only hard part is the quizzes/exams are timed and there's no instructor there if you run out of time to say "OK, take a few more minutes" like they tend to do in the actual classes on campus.

And I presume if you have a question, you can't get it answered either.

Although, usually, when a question is asked,
the answer is just a shrug and "Do your best."

Once your out of time, your out. I do get a 25% online time increase due to my limitations of using computers during flares from my RA, so that makes it a bit easier for me.

I think you'd rather not have the flares
and take less time.

Overall, though, they are just reading, doing online homework, quizzes, and exams. Easy Peasy.

Okay! :)

The kids want to spend a day or two at universal, but having issues justifying $1000/$1600 for 6 one day/two day park to park tickets cause we have to be able to ride Hogwarts Express. Then my daughter asked if we could go to the beach for a couple of days, so was thinking about going to Daytona for 2-3 days. The first time we took the kids south, we took them to the Ponce Inlet Lighthouse. She keeps seeing pictures from it, but can't remember it (she was 7 then) and wants to go back. Then my son keeps hinting about doing the Pirates Dinner Adventure in Orlando. We did Midevil Times Dinner show on that same trip when they were little, but again, he doesn't remember it (he was 5)and so when he saw the pictures, he went searching online and found the Pirate themed one he wants to go to. If I can pull myself from Disney, we may do a week at Disney, then a week at Daytona and drive back into Orlando for Universal/dinner show. The price we save on the hotel alone not staying at Disney that 2nd week and eating food there, we can probably almost pay for the other things they want to do. Oh, we were considering the Space Center too. The kids have never been there and I have not been there for about 16 years. We were also considering a land and sea package with Disney. My husband and kids have never been on a cruise. I have, but it's been 24 years ago on a tiny cruise ship called "The Dolphin" with a cruise line called "Dolphin Cruise line"

Lots to think about!
What is the Pirates Dinner Adventure?

I did medieval times a few times with
and without kids.
Always fun... but kinda done with it now.

That cruise line...
Was it a line containing... one ship?

I haven't ever done a cruise,
but would love to someday.

Just got caught up, it’s been awhile since my last visit.

Well, hi there Laura!

I know Pkondz is away for a bit, but I am having hand surgery this week and probably won’t be keyboarding for a few weeks.

Oh!
Have you had it now?
How did it go?
(Type 1 for good, 2 for ok, 3 for "don't ask")

We used our AP’s for a quick trip to the World the week before Toy Story land opened. Booking semi-last minute really makes getting good FP’s a challenge!

Yep. I would think so.

Also, I sprained my hamstring BADLY (or goodly, depending on how you look at it) 4 days before our flight, which made things a bit dicey.

Ugh.
I once tore both hamstrings,
at the same time.
Not fun.

Turns out you use those muscles
when you walk.

My most memorable moment was when we got up super early to make it to the front of the crowd on an EMH morning at MK so Bill could get on Mine Train, since of course no amount of refreshing could get him a FP. We were to meet at Peter Pan so I ambled (no sashaying with a pulled hamstring, that would be something John Cleese would have to try)

1384103631176577_animate.gif

I headed in and the CM at the entrance asked me if I was sure I really wanted to go in, instead of riding something else. I explained that I was killing time and yes, I was sure. He said something into his walkie and led me in to get my oprey glasses. I was completely alone! The doors opened and I went to choose my seat. Goofy kept telling me to move all the way to the end but I said, dang, this time I’M going to be a middleplopper and so I was. It was pretty cool having the theater to myself!

Cool! A private showing
just for you!
(Probably because of the hamstring.)

Also cool (or weird) was that while Goofy is telling to to find your seat, there are fake crowd noises as well. I know I wasn’t making them!

Actually did know this.
I remember it from
a previous visit.

When I got out Bill was standing there waiting for me at the exit. Mine Train was down so we got up early just so I could have my private showing! He had asked to go in but the show had already started and they couldn’t disturb the audience. Lol

Well, of course not!

Someday we’ll get to Disneyland. DD went with the HS band many years ago and has wanted to go back ever since. She also loves Cars and can’t wait to see Radiator Springs. No cheap flights from Providence, though, like we can get to Orlando so it’ll have to wait I guess.

Flying is not cheap.
I've been collecting points,
so my next one won't be too bad,
but still....

Last edited:
Tried watching that one once. I don't think I'll ever be the same again.

I'm sorry for your loss..
of brain cells from watching.

Ugh, another one we missed while out there.

Reason to go back!

I'm sensing a theme here. This one was in the transition process when we were there. All we saw was a lovely brown scrim around the whole ride.

Yep. One more reason to go back.
Why I'm not too upset about
missing Splash.
Gotta go back to ride it, right???

:rotfl2: I laugh but I would have probably done the same thing. When we first moved to GA from PA we used to laugh at the people wearing coats in 70 degree weather. But the longer we live here, the thinner our blood gets and now I'm the one wearing the coat. I freeze when I go back up to PA to visit even in the summer!

I get that.
In the Spring, 50 feels so warm.
But in the Fall, it feels so cold
after a summer of heat.

Yep, theme continued, this one wasn't running while we were there, it was the MSEP which we skipped since we'd see it so many times at WDW.

"see it so many times"... :faint:

I saw Marvin in quite a bind right away but I had to go back a second time before I found the second one.

Can't all be easy. ;)

I'm back. Now slowly catching up on everyone's TR's.

And now you're gone again.

Sounds boring.

Totally dull's-ville.

Don't put on any deodorant in the morning. Then it'll happen naturally.

I love when the voice of experience
chimes in to educate us all.

Sounds like you need a better trip planner!

Nope.
Too good a plan
precludes return trips
to see what I've missed.

I agree with both sentiments.

Right. And now that song is stuck in my head.

(one of my all-time favorite shows)

It was really good, wasn't it?
Which is better?
Diane or post-Diane?

Not sure what her problem was. Maybe she needed something to eat?

Yeah, that must've been it.

What about the running-start-battering-ram-straight-into-a-locked-door?

This is for only the truly gifted.

"gifted"... that should be in quotations.

When in Adventureland....

Dole whip.

I really like the fact that there are so many differences between the parks. It would be boring if they were carbon copies.

Very true.
Then there'd be no point to visiting
the other parks.

I think most of the rides at DL are better than their WDW counterparts.

Oh, really?
Not sure...

But you could very well be right.

I actually did know that one! I guess something stuck from English class years ago.

Something stuck!
Your teacher would be so proud.

Then he'd realize everything you forgot,
and despair.

I hate that those little magic touches keep disappearing from the parks. That's what makes Disney a cut above.

Anyway, my kids have always enjoyed visiting Tom Sawyer Island.

Problem with the little touches now
is that it gets broadcast so fast,
that those little touches turn into
rather large headaches.

That's awesome! I think that goes straight into my Top 5 Favorite Imagineering Details. Now I have to think about what the other 4 would be.

But agree with the sentiment.

I dunno. Why are packages on cars called "shipments" and packages on ships called "cargo"?

And why can you ship a car
but can't car a ship?

There are an awful lot of those piling up. Who planned this trip, anyway?

Alison.

There it is. There's always a profit angle.

I'm gonna say...all of them.

Probably!

I think I read about this when it opened back up. Sounded like there were a lot of Disney parks geeks who were lining up to be the first to experience the left turn. That's a little too obsessive for me.

I wouldn't have even known
if Alison hadn't pointed it out.

Was she wearing her crown?

I do believe she's answered this already. :)

And there's my reason to go back. :sad1:

Sorry, but....

Now you have a reason!

No idea what that is. Probably not going to find out.

I think you're better off.

That was what, 10 minutes?

Nah. Probably half that.

That must look weird in a rain storm.

:laughing: Didn't even think of that.

Also, you're a husband, so you're naturally expected to be the low man on the totem pole.

Was that about the airplane survivors who resorted to cannibalism?

Actually... You're close.
It was called "Alive".

I always thought it was dust and allergens that got kicked up by the A/C.

That too.

My feelings on big drops aside, I would like ToT in WDW to stay, too. The effects on that one were just so good.

Yep. Leave that one alone.
You can't improve on it.
So just... don't.

:rotfl2: Like the kid in A Christmas Story.

She couldn't put her arms down!

Glad you've all had so many chances to get together and hang out!

Really nice.
They're all super nice people. :goodvibes

Nice work! :thumbsup2

My collection is certainly growing. :)

Um...no, of course not.

I knew I could count on you!

::yes:: I just hope you start seeing some of those breakfast profits soon. And that poor Marvin can catch a break.

;)

You should have just sat in the back at the corner in the first place!

My enthusiasm overrode my good sense.

I saw Frozen on Broadway last night! If you think the DCA one is good...the Broadway version is amazing. And I am not even into Frozen anymore!

Really!

I'm not sure which surprises me more.
That it's that much better....

Or that you're not into it anymore! :laughing:

Cool picture!
Although I'd be with Kari and head on RSR.
I don't like falling!

Yes, I do know that.
Too bad. Fun ride.

Kari is the sweetest! I hope we get to meet up again.

Yes she is!
And I got to meet her again
just last week! :goodvibes

Wow Disney does Eskimo wear!

Those cool California nights
aren't for the weak.

Thanks! :)

I only saw one!

I suck at this game! :rotfl:

You'll see, next update.

Not a problem, I see you replied. I have just been non-stop go go go this week.

Kinda like me, recently.

For me, its one of my favorite areas in DCA and I have a ton of pictures of it.

So you're saying you cheated...

Eat enough churros and dole whips and you will get another soft spot in your heart...which at the point you should get checked by a doctor.

I hear too many soft spots in your heart can cause trouble.

:rolleyes1

That is a great idea! Now where did I put my crystal ball and my credit card.

I'm thinking the latter
will be more important.

I see how it is...

One of those organizations...well I will make a super super even more secretive organization. I can't even tell you what we do.

I want in!

I think.

Maybe.

That is an interesting one, I always assumed it came from playing fetch or something along those lines.

Apparently... it even predates the auto, so...

Who the heck knows.

Last trip we got about 4-5 extra fast passes due to BTMRR being down so I can forgive it.

That would help.

Add this to my bucket list about buckets of chicken.

Whoa, I missed you already but have a great trip! Where are you going? What are you doing?

Asked and answered!
I posted it
here.

My dream is to attend a tailgate and eat glorious looking food.

It was fun!
And delicious!

It was closed when we when as far as I can remember. This sounds amazing. It is now on my non-chicken bucket list.

I recommend it. :)

Ally is not one for rides like this so I did not get to experience this. Yea she said she didn't mind waiting but I did not want her waiting 95 minutes for me so I passed.

Good call.
That's how to build an "ex".

Personally I have never won, so maybe we should race in the same car. To negatives make a positive and such.

I dunno.
I've won once and lost once...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter