Canadian Buffoon's DISmeet vacation - 09/14 - Bowled Over

I’ve been around myself long enough to know that those other folks may well be correct.

Yep. Hear that.
Agree with that.

The existence of a statute means nothing if it is overtly not unenforced…
There are also state regs here that basically say anyone can be dismissed at any time, for any reason with no warning and no required explanation. That alone circumvents most discrimination ordinances. There are also a number of other statutes that give employers here almost dictatorial powers over their employees and ensure that they have little to no recourse through any state agency or court. Remember, I live in a place that has one very long history of successfully subjugating its labor force.

Oh, man.
I mean... that's... really crappy.
Medieval.

Oh, thank the Lord…

I wouldn't do that to my readers...

often.

Know it…
My young’en watched that one even in his teens.
It’s nearly as bad as some of the stuff I’d sit through after school in the early 70s, and some of that was truly reprehensible (especially the imports). A great deal of that crud I couldn’t even sit through ten minutes of now, but it was on and that beat out doing homework. It’ll be interesting to see what he thinks of some of these newer things once he gets a bit more age on him.

Hmm.... good point.
I still love Giligan's Island
or Get Smart.

But those were good, so...

Hope you remembered to tip the Sherpas well for lugging all your survival gear over the mountains and through the narrow passes.

Yep. I gave Liesa a dime.

Still suffering from the effects of exhaustion and altitude sickness due to that arduous journey, I see.

It was not an easy trek.

Sashaying all the way, of course.

“And a happy little cloud lives right about here…”

:)

‘Merica!

:lmao:

Very cool, actually.

I thought so.
I remember them from back home.
The last streetcar shut down
before I was born,
but the wires stayed up for a while.

We’re all just having a grand ol’ time sitting over here on the Group-W Bench.

Don't get the reference on this one?

Tactful…

Always!

No wonder folks were fighting for the best seats.
Was the opening act an MMA Cage Match, per chance?

Nah.
Something more violent.
The push and shove for prime seats, brigade.

Yeah, they got complete control of the patent for that technology when they acquired Pixar.

::yes:: Well said.

How about that ball game last night.
And we need to go out and shoot something to grill it up for supper while we’re at it.

ad28b786773fa6be6c094855626295dc.jpg

Agreed on part A (meaning that it may be inevitable)
And I’ll keep part B in mind

Let me know, if and when...

Air break… Air Bag… Wind Bag…
Something along those lines, I’m sure.

You're calling Liesa and Alison wind bags????

Wow, dude.
Sheesh!

And successfully defended it from the marauders, claim jumpers and other such Dodgers

zz01-jpg.336327

::yes:: My Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator
comes in handy from time to time.

And I suspect that the rest of the crowd enjoyed the part where you stormed that float and tried again to propose to your gal…

Not this time.
I let her do her job.
I knew she'd be waiting for me
once the parade was done.

I saw something that looked a bit flaky and a reluctant collectable, if that’s what you’re on about.

::yes::

I don't either. But it seems to be incredibly popular with a good percentage of the convention crowd we encounter!!

I am not at all surprised.

I worry about the fate of humanity...
but not surprised.

Glad you enjoyed it though. I'd love to see it.

I think you'd really like it!

Heh..hehehehe

What? I was tired!

:rotfl: Poor Liesa.

:laughing: ::yes::

Ariel seems positively aglow! Must have just been very excited to see you.

She always is.
True love is like that ya know.

Whoo baby! Not a bad haul there! :thumbsup2

Sorry to butt in on this one, @pkondz, but it caught my attention because I just happen to be eating a scoop of my homemade strawberry rhubarb crisp here as I'm reading this. (Soo very fortunate that strawberries and rhubarb happen to be in season at almost exactly the same time!!) Rhubarb is a plant with really long green-to-red leaf stalks below its big floppy green leaves. You eat the stalks, but not the leaves, which aren't safe to consume. It's technically a vegetable, I think, but it's usually paired with fruits. The closest thing I can think of that's similar to the stalks would be celery, but the flavour is very different, and the shape/texture are a bit different as well. It's quite tart, so it's cooked more often than used raw. That said, I grew up with it growing behind my grandmother's house, and we would regularly go out and pick it, fill the bottom of a drinking glass with sugar, suck the end of the rhubarb, and then stick it down in the sugar, before crunching the end off....then repeat! It pairs really well with strawberries and sugar, though, and is commonly used in pie filling, or similar kinds of desserts. If you like a balance of tart and sweet, it's really tasty, and fresh-tasting for early summer.

And again, thanks for jumping in, Meghan. :)

Wow, I didn't realize how long it had been since I stopped by here. My bad. Oh well, better late than never I guess.

That's okay.
I've been a tad preoccupied myself.

You know, I actually did figure out what that was. I didn't know the name of the Peak, and I have never been to Disneyland, so I'm not sure why I knew it. Wasn't Grizzly Peak the park icon for DCA at one point? Maybe I'm just making that up.

You're probably right.
I really don't know.
(And am far too lazy to Google it.)

Cool. I knew he used a pen name, but I had no idea the origin. And who says learning stuff ain't fun!

I love the idea of riding the river boat. Sadly, I have not done that in WDW since I was 9 years old. Something I will have to try to rectify next month. Of course, there are an awful lot of things on my to do list...

So many things to see and do...
So little time.

I know this feeling.

You should try it. I'm rather fond of Tom Sawyer Island. Back in 2014 I spent a peaceful hour here with youngest DD, just the two of us hanging out. It was while DW and oldest DD went on Splash Mountain (yeah, I know, I don't do Splash, but I just don't like the drop). DD loved the barrel bridge and exploring the caves. It was mid-afternoon and we sat on the steps of the old mill watching the Festival of Fantasy parade. Not the best place to see it, but a really neat different perspective.

Thanks for the tip.
I have no idea when I'm getting back
but will have to keep this in mind.

I read the first post of this trip report and had to stop...before I go any further, I am going back and reading all your other reports in timeline order. I just finished the first one. It was awesome.

Gee! Thanks!
That's very nice of you to say.
And :welcome: to the TR
and an even bigger :welcome: to the DIS! :goodvibes

My husband is ill and we have not been able to travel to WDW since 2008. I started coming on here to get me through the low times. He had a bad few months and it has been really hard. Reading the trip reports has been therapeutic. I am really enjoying yours.

Very sorry to hear about your
husband's ill health.
I'm glad I have been able
to give you a respite, if even
for a little while.

:hug:

Oh HELLO!! So nice of you to drop in. I think you've missed a ton on the DIS...

Haha, not really but hope you're having a great vacation!

You laugh, but...
I have over 20 TRs to catch up on.

I'm a little overwhelmed, to be honest.

But thanks for the Hello
and... I did have a nice vacation. Thanks! :)

And I presume if you have a question, you can't get it answered either.

You have to send an email to the instructor. Usually if it is Monday-Friday during business hours, you get an answer back within an hour or two, but if it is the weekend or holiday, you are waiting.

Although, usually, when a question is asked,
the answer is just a shrug and "Do your best."

I get a lot of "Use your resources and figure it out". I find it a bit frustrating at times because usually I don't ask questions unless I have spent hours looking and just can't find the answer.

I think you'd rather not have the flares
and take less time.

Yeah. Most definitely.

Lots to think about!
What is the Pirates Dinner Adventure?

https://piratesdinneradventure.com/orlando/explore-the-show/

That cruise line...
Was it a line containing... one ship?

Close. Back when I went, it had 2 ships. Dolphin and SeaBreeze.

The Dolphin then:
upload_2018-7-23_21-39-48.jpeg

The SeaBreeze then:
SeaBreeze_01_Dolphin.jpg

The Dolphin now:
upload_2018-7-23_21-40-4.jpeg

And the SeaBreeze now is on the bottom of the ocean floor!:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SS_SeaBreeze

I haven't ever done a cruise,
but would love to someday.

Even though the one I did was YEARS ago and it was a 2 ship cruise line, the cruise was unforgettable. So much has changed on them since then from things I have read, but man, would I love to go again. Just... I can't seem to get away from these 4 silly parks that keep luring me in. That's why I was considering a land and sea package because then I would still get my precious park time.

You have to send an email to the instructor. Usually if it is Monday-Friday during business hours, you get an answer back within an hour or two, but if it is the weekend or holiday, you are waiting.

Hmm..
What I was really driving at
was during the test.

But that's not that great either.

I get a lot of "Use your resources and figure it out". I find it a bit frustrating at times because usually I don't ask questions unless I have spent hours looking and just can't find the answer.

:sad2:

Yeah. Most definitely.

:hug:

That looks like fun! :)

Close. Back when I went, it had 2 ships. Dolphin and SeaBreeze.

I was close. ;)

The Dolphin then:
upload_2018-7-23_21-39-48-jpeg.339172

The SeaBreeze then:
SeaBreeze_01_Dolphin.jpg

The Dolphin now:
upload_2018-7-23_21-40-4-jpeg.339173

And the SeaBreeze now is on the bottom of the ocean floor!:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SS_SeaBreeze

Whoa!
And... that was a really interesting read. :)

Even though the one I did was YEARS ago and it was a 2 ship cruise line, the cruise was unforgettable. So much has changed on them since then from things I have read, but man, would I love to go again. Just... I can't seem to get away from these 4 silly parks that keep luring me in. That's why I was considering a land and sea package because then I would still get my precious park time.

:laughing:
I hear that!

That's one from each of the last two updates.
There's something else in the last update.
Bit more tough to find, though. ;)
Those are the only Marvins I found. Didn’t realize you reposted all aboard. There was an unusual brand of food I noticed...

I've missed you! But wow what a map! Hope you had a great time, looking forward to hearing about it! :thumbsup2

Still have about a dozen TRs
to get to.

But I'm getting there!

So if I haven't been to yours yet...
I will!

Not after the head's up
on a certain ice cream shop.

Sunni Sky's solves a lot of the world's problems

And then like 3 days later I remembered. It was about the supercars. And I was going to say I chose neither, I lust over the Audi R8

Love it when that happens.

When we were in Texas, we ended up meandering around and had to go down this ridiculously steep drive. My mom said it's be a good time to shift into low. I said "There is no low." She said "There has to be, it's the L on the gearshift" I replied "I know what low would be, there is no L!"

I see this one was already
deftly handled by @MeghanEmily

It was and I am very grateful

I haven't finished watching Toronto yet,
but did you catch Iowa?

I'm out of the loop on races this year. We gave up cable, so I miss a good 75% of the races since we don't have NBCSports. I have a friend who graciously lets me bum off her app, but I have a bad habit of forgetting when races are on.

:love::love::love::love::love:

He was overly aggressive and
cost a couple drivers their race.

I was pretty surprised, tbh.

You can tell that he's getting more frustrated more easily. At least to me.

Good. He's a jerk.
Hurting people either
physically or emotionally.

We need a support group.

Scan your ticket, grab your danish.

Disney needs to hire me.

Yes!! On all counts.

You're wrong.
But just for fun,
what do you think
is the best ride?
(You'll still be wrong, though.)

Ugh. I just don't like it. I'll skip it if given the chance.
Best ride in Disney......that's a hard one. California Screamin' (or whatever it is now) is my favorite in DLR. I think best at WDW would have to be.....hmm.

Awww... poor tuckered out
(or bored out of her mind)
Annie.

The second one. I like Pirates. There are only so many times I can ride it.

That's one I doubt I'll ever do.
When I canoe, I like to be in charge.

Oh man, it's so much fun!

Huh.
Threw some away.

Yep. Didn't see any reason to keep eating something we didn't enjoy.

Whoa. Then again... if you'd been thrown,
I bet Joe could've gotten a lifetime pass.

I don't think he would have taken it at that point. He'd been pooped on by a bird in line. It was not a great first ride. The good news is we had much more successful rides later.

Joe doesn't watch it obviously,
so that's an upgrade right there.

That, and, I mean, it's Joe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter