• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Canadian At Par - It's Available

Hi,
When I booked All Star Movies on the day the promotion came out, the rate I booked at was $46.23/night U.S. including tax, so that would make it $62-63 CDN/night so I guess I did get a good deal! Now mind you I haven't received my confirmation slip yet, so we'll see what that says when it arrives.

It looks like Disney has raised the rates for the "Canadian at Par" a bit (as discussed in another post) but those are still great rates CanadianMinnie! As MaMudduck said, that's $57 USD per night & the rack rate is $77 so you're definitely saving.

I also booked as soon as the deal came out last Thursday and phoned Mastercard to see what the $46.23 came out to in Canadian dollars ~ $64.27.

I'm afraid to do the same thing Julie. I originally wanted to spend the 1st night at an airport hotel (have a free coupon for Hampton Inn) so booked the 18-26th at WDW. Now I'm thinking I'd rather go right to WDW & spend our last night at the airport as we leave at 8am on the 26th. But now I'm afraid if I make any changes to the reservation my rate will go up so I guess I'll just leave it the way it is.

First day Cdn Par rates came out, I booked DS's birthday trip. A concierge room for our family & a std for the grandparents. The next day I called to upgrade room for grandparents & to add a day to trip. CRO transferred me to Guest Services.

A computer glitch the 1st day gave incorrect prices. I was told that WDW will honour the reservation on the condition that NO changes are made to the original ressie. No adding/subtracting days or upgrading of original ressie. NO CHANGES or I'd lose the ressie!! She was very firm.

We thought @ making a new 1 day ressie at the corrected Cdn Par $, but would need a min. 3 day booking.

Please post if anyone is successful making changes to the great Cdn$ quoted May15. Thanks.

Thanks Mapletree...I'm definitely going to leave my reservation alone now for sure!

I'm glad that I had my TA check the reservation and got the lower rate the same day. I'm just sorry that I didn't have her check for a trip in July the first day. We thought about it during the day and I asked her that night -- by the time she checked they had fixed the computer glitch. We booked it but aren't sure if we are going or not -- depends on work and when exactly my DS is going away for basic training. Figured I'd book it though before they changed the calculations again. At least they are honouring their mistake. Not all companies would do that.

Cdnmickeylover

I originally booked 7 nights but when I mentioned to Dh it would be sooooooo nice to have another day, he said why don't I then?

Since I got the pre-glitch rate too and didn't want to risk losing it, I booked my last night off-site at the Comfort Inn LBV where we usually stay our first night when driving down. However, I'm NOT walking there with all my luggage, from DTD again!!! ;) I'll take a cab from hotel to hotel. :p

You walked?!! There's no way we could ever walk anywhere with the amount of luggage we have -- part of the reason we always drive. I'm embarrassed to say how many trips we make from the car to the room on check in and check out but rest assured that it isn't just one.:p

Cdnmickeylover

Cdnmickeylover, have you read my trip reports of my March Break Greyhound bus trip down? (I still have to finish it.) I went with a carry-on (that I packed too much in) and Dh brought the rest of my luggage a couple of days later with the car. Yes, I lugged that carry-on, on foot, over to the CI when I was changing hotels.

TimNDansMom - I had read part of your trip report before but I guess I missed the part about the hike. I just reread it and think it's amazing that you took the bus by yourself. It was actually quite funny btw -- hope you get a chance to finish it before October!

Cdnmickeylover

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter