• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Canadian At Par - It's Available

I should go over to the bank today and start getting some US cash. I've got last week's garage sale profits to contribute to my Disney fund.

I was thinking about the prices for passes at the DS...but if Disney is still using the old exchange rates for the "Canadian At Par" I guess they'll continue to sell the passes at the Canadian DS for the same price as well. I was hoping that maybe they'd adjust it but I doubt that's going to happen. Guess we can't have it all :). I think I'll order mine thru DC rather than the DS (unless of course I go with an AP then I'll just do it through Disney...no DC discount on those is there?).

Lisa, what is the DC discount? Is it the same as the Disney discount if you order in advance? I have always bought ours from the Walmart Travel in Kissimmiee, but I won't have a car this time.

I'm trying to decide whether to just get a 3 day "bounce back" ticket down there. I still have a day left on a PH so that would give me 4 days total including a day of park hopping.

What happens during MNSSHP? Are the rides still open? CM "Alvin" told me the cost is $31.90 in advance and $35.09 at the gate if not sold out. It is from 7 to midnight.

DisneyLisa -- there is a DC discount on annual passes. At this point I think it's cheaper to go directly through disney for the annual passes b/c of the exchange rate.

Just got notice from my TA -- We are booked Oct 18-25 at CBR and the rate has gone from $1100 to $602.49 !!!! Amazing a nightly rate of $86.07 including taxes. The best part is that my deposit is one night at the original rate and it now covers a little more than 2 nights leaving less to pay.

For the same week ASSp would be $59.44/night including taxes and AKL Standview view would be $139.85/night including taxes.

Cdnmickeylover

Wow...great savings Cdnmickeylover...maybe we'll see eachother...we're booked at the Poly for Oct 18-26th :). We'll be celebrating DD's 16th Birthday (Oct 18th) at the Luau (or should I say Spirit of Aloha).

Can you get the DC AP discount thru Disney or just thru the DS? I didn't know there was a DC discount on APs...even better :teeth:.

cdnmickeylover
CBR and the rate has gone from $1100 to $602.49 !!!! Amazing a nightly rate of $86.07 including taxes.

Ok let me see if I understand this: $86.07, CBR, per night, with tax - Is this US dollars?????
With today's creditcard real exchange rate that's $120.65 CDN

I've got Excel open as we speak...I'll go & number crunch.be back in a sec.

The rate is in US dollars and does include taxes. I booked it through Dreams Unlimited since they were doing our cruise the week before. The week is now the $602 US for 7 nights at CBR. We had been debating whether or not we could afford the cruise and a week at WDW but it now looks doable. Yeah!!!!

We had debated the FT package but really wanted to get annual passes. Now we can get the CBR and the annual passes for only about $200 more than the FT package would cost. Even though this trip would cost more to begin with we will have the annual passes for future trips which we definately plan on taking.

The DC discount for the annual passes is available both at Disney and at the DS.

The price at the DS here is around $593 CDN and the price at WDW -- or ordering through Disney is $377 US. This price is for the regular annual passes for one adult. I might be off a few dollars on either one but I think I'm right. There doesn't seem to be any indication that the DS is going to change their exchange rate so it would appear that it's cheaper to pay US money on a credit card than it is to pay CDN here before we go.

Sorry this is so long. Have spent the morning telling my co-workers how much I've saved on my vacation that still months away!!! And it's pay day!

Cdnmickeylover

DisneyLisa -- you got a great rate for the Poly. We are going on the 7 day Western cruise from October 11-18th and then staying CBR for the 18th-25th. We are leaving the Saturday morning as we will be driving and I should be back at work for Monday. We figured it would be cheaper for us in the long run to drive rather than fly b/c we take a cooler and eat breakfasts in the room. We also take food for lunches and a lot of dinners as well. We like to eat out but I'm diabetic (Type 2 so no insulin) and it's easier to control what I'm eating if we prepare it.

Can't wait for October.

Am now trying to convince Jim that we should go in July too.

Cdnmickeylover

We have a trip planned for August, 2 nights at the Hard Rock Hotel, followed by a stay at OKW using our DVC membership. We've been toying with adding a couple of nights at AKL Concierge, so we thought we'd book it with the new codes.

The codes require a 3-night minimum, but we were only looking for 2 nights. So we could book 2 nights for a total of US$952, or 3 nights using the at-par rates for a total of US$744. Duh! That's a no-brainer. :teeth: Plus we'll be saving one night's worth of DVC points for our next stay.

We don't normally hotel-hop like this, but we got a good rate at the HRH (and love the FOTL access) and are looking forward to seeing what AKL concierge service is really like.

- Mike

Okay, I think I've crunched enough numbers....my head is hurting
I think my computer is about to crash too.
i'm going to reboot then tell you what I've figured out.

I've never stayed on site....but the rates quoted sound great. What number do I call to make a ressie? And If I cancel within 5 days, do I get my deposit back?
Karen

Call 1-407-WDISNEY

When you call they will probably answer Walt Disney Travel Company - you do not want to book this way.
Ask for Central Reservations
The difference is the deposit and cancellation policy.
CRO has 1 nights deposit plus tax by June 12 and you
can cancel up to 5 days prior to arrival without penalty.
WDTC has paying in full within 45 days and a different
cancellation policy. They try to sell you cancellation insurance.
Just say you want CRO, to book a room only reservation with the
Canadian Deal and they will transfer you. Some agents do both
WDTC and CRO.

OK...just booked Oct 11-18 for $520.00 USF including taxesfor All Star Sports. Does this sound right? Has anyone done MNSSHP? My kids are 6,9,12. Would they enjoy this...it seems like a lot more $$. Also, Im thinking of buying AP's. What/Where is the best place to do this?
Thanks
Karen

Okay, so I think for me the best deal is going to still be the Fairytale pkg. I don't have DC or other discounts & would have buy an annual pass.
For 7nights at CBR for 2 Adults, 1Junior, 1Child Oct 5-12/2003
All US$:

FT pkg- $1691.03 (UPH for 8 days)
Cdn Par 1846.47 (3A reg. 7PHP 1C 7php)
Cdn par with Cdn spec tick. $1535.47 (but probably won't happen for my dates)
AP rates 1910.97 (3 adult 7PHP & 1 child AP)

The only thing is IF we'll go back again before Oct 2004- then the others might be worthwhile, because we'll probably not use all of the 7php tickets & 4 plus):confused:

I'm going to take an aspirin & sign off until later.

Karen- That sounds high to me! is that 7 night or 8 nights...maybe thats how I messed up........

That does look a little high Karen. I was quoted $416.08 for 7 nights at the AS for Oct 19-25th...maybe you should try calling again?

I was quoted $416.08 for All Star Sports for Oct 18th-25th so it does seem high.

For us the FT pkg would be $200 cheaper but we've decided to go with the Cdn at par deal because we wanted to get the annual passes rather than the length of stay passes. We have 2 plus features each left from last years 7 Day park hoppers so if we want to go to a water park or PI we can still do so. We know that we will be back to WDW within a year so buying the annual pass makes sense for us.

We are also concerned that if we got the UPH passes then one of us could get sick and we wouldn't make use of it. Last year we could have used the Canadian 7 Day Park Hoppers but decided to go with the regular park hoppers. This turned out to be a good thing because Jim had his appendix out 6 weeks before we were due to leave and although we went he wasn't up to par for the entire trip so we didn't use all of the days of the pass and the plus features but we did use them when we went back for a surprise trip in September.

It's been a hard decision though and I've been number crunching since the FT packages came out. I think it's now settled though, or at least I hope so.

Cdnmickeylover

Was that $416.08 including the taxes? If so, then Im definately calling back. Should I say that I know someone who got the lower rate? Or what would be the best way to get the lower rate?
Thanks,
Karen

That was with tax...just call back & ask for a quote as if you've never called :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter