• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Bag search /check

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking I might actually carry a bag this time, as I’m going solo again. I feel like it’ll just be easier since I’ll be in the park open-close.

Usually I stuff everything into my cargo pants pockets. Can you carry an umbrella through the no-bag line?

Thinking I might actually carry a bag this time, as I’m going solo again. I feel like it’ll just be easier since I’ll be in the park open-close.

Usually I stuff everything into my cargo pants pockets. Can you carry an umbrella through the no-bag line?

Yes you can carry an umbrella through the no bag line. I have done this many times. I have one of those small, light ones with a wrist strap and only take one if there is a good chance of storms, not just the small afternoon shower.

NASCAR and other racing venues that instituted a bag check policy made it easier on people saying that clear bags or backpacks you can see through would work w\o having to open them. They just pick them up, spin around and look at contents inside, if no other little bags or containers inside catch their eye for further check your thru the gate. They still have metal detectors at many tracks you have to walk thru.

NASCAR and other racing venues that instituted a bag check policy made it easier on people saying that clear bags or backpacks you can see through would work w\o having to open them. They just pick them up, spin around and look at contents inside, if no other little bags or containers inside catch their eye for further check your thru the gate. They still have metal detectors at many tracks you have to walk thru.
They did that at the Golf Open this year, too. I wonder if that strategy would work at WDW? We have a couple of clear backpacks that would be perfect.

They did that at the Golf Open this year, too. I wonder if that strategy would work at WDW? We have a couple of clear backpacks that would be perfect.

Works fine unless you're female and your special "aunt" is visiting. Nobody wants that all on display - hence the protests about some schools mandating clear backpacks.

This. I always carry a bag in the park, my nephew does not. He would without fail have to empty his pockets and go thru the metal detector. I wouldn't try and get around the bag check, it would probablyw backfire on you.

I don’t know about you guys but I think anyone not having a bag check should have to automatically go thru the metal detector, you cannot be too careful these days with all the crazies out these wanting to get their name in the paper or to go out with a bang and take as many people with then as they can! The security line is one line I don’t mind waiting in while they are being careful about what gets in the park. There would be no bigger place to make a splash than WDW,I say keep up the good work! Just saying....

Last edited:

All of my “interior” bags are either mesh or clear besides my wallet, making my life a little easier when going through bag check.

I don’t know about you guys but I think anyone not having a bag check should have to automatically go thru the metal detector, you cannot be too careful these days with all the crazies out these wanting to get their name in the paper or to go out with a bang and take as many people with then as they can! The security line is one line I don’t mind waiting in while they are being careful about what gets in the park. There would be no bigger place to make a splash than WDW,I say keep up the good work! Just saying....

I agree with you but at AK they let you right in! I was shocked that not one went through the metal detector but if you have a bag you go through bag check AND the metal detector.

Hello everyone! We are trying to plan a way to maximize our limited time in the parks. We plan on bringing the bare minimum to the parks. What is the biggest "bag" I can carry to avoid the bag search line? Last time I had my phone in a wristlet and was able to skip the line. Thanks for any help!
We always carry a bag to every park and have never waited more than a few minutes in a bag check line. It takes longer just to go to the bathroom at WDW. Don't worry about it.

Works fine unless you're female and your special "aunt" is visiting. Nobody wants that all on display - hence the protests about some schools mandating clear backpacks.
Plus the fact that everyone has a right to privacy. I'm fine with one trained security person checking my bag, but everyone else at the park doesn't need to know what's in there.

Clear backpacks can also increase the chance of theft, as people would know exactly what you're carrying.

I agree with you but at AK they let you right in! I was shocked that not one went through the metal detector but if you have a bag you go through bag check AND the metal detector.

They change it up from time to time. From what I've seen at AK is no bag line is just random draw who gets picked for metal detector and bag line is the same.

Plus the fact that everyone has a right to privacy. I'm fine with one trained security person checking my bag, but everyone else at the park doesn't need to know what's in there.

Clear backpacks can also increase the chance of theft, as people would know exactly what you're carrying.

Your right to privacy is subverted when they rummage through your bag at the gate. Personally I could care less what everyone sees me carry in. Your point on theft is plausible but keeping a close eye on your bag at all times would min possible theft

Your right to privacy is subverted when they rummage through your bag at the gate. Personally I could care less what everyone sees me carry in. Your point on theft is plausible but keeping a close eye on your bag at all times would min possible theft

As she said, she is fine with the security person rummaging around.

If you want the world seeing your feminine hygiene products on display, go right ahead and carry a clear backpack. Most people don't want their business out there to the general public.

:-):-):squirrel:
As she said, she is fine with the security person rummaging around.

If you want the world seeing your feminine hygiene products on display, go right ahead and carry a clear backpack. Most people don't want their business out there to the general public.

I of course am talking from a males perspective which is normally wrong but I totally agree with your point in this matter

We always carry a bag to every park and have never waited more than a few minutes in a bag check line. It takes longer just to go to the bathroom at WDW. Don't worry about it.

Same. Although on our recent trip we had one bag checker at DHS who was super zealous! I’ve boarded planes with less scrutiny. Bag checkers on either side cleared 4-5 people while this guy was searching our 1 backpack that had zero contraband.

The day and time in which we live demands venues like theme parks to be extremely vigilant in preventing instances of violence. I am fine with everyone going through bag check if they have any bag type at all and everyone period needs to go through the metal detectors. No random screenings...everyone go through. I feel safer but I still watch my family and keep my head on a swivel while walking around on extremely large crowd days like Christmas. I make sure to quickly report any unattended bag I see. Don't try to tell me it's overboard to do all this.

I don't care if someone sees me carrying a tampon. We are adults and everyone knows about a woman's time of the month. Most people either are not paying attention to you or could care less.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter