• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Bag search /check

Status
Not open for further replies.
We take in 2 smallish bags because we have a diaper wearing toddler and a mess phobic preschooler. However one has one zipper area and the other has 2. Then inside everything is in ziplocs that can quickly be removed and you can easily see what is in each. Other than the time we forgot we had sweatshirts in the bottom of the stroller, it never takes more than 30 seconds for them to check our bags.

I’m always faster than my husband with the camera bag that has 15,000 interior and exterior zippers. He opens as many as he can ahead of time, but some can’t be opened until others are closed because everything would fall out.

Same. Although on our recent trip we had one bag checker at DHS who was super zealous! I’ve boarded planes with less scrutiny. Bag checkers on either side cleared 4-5 people while this guy was searching our 1 backpack that had zero contraband.

I always seem to get that guy too!

I don't care if someone sees me carrying a tampon. We are adults and everyone knows about a woman's time of the month. Most people either are not paying attention to you or could care less.

Not everyone IS an adult (I am), and not everyone is as confident as you clearly are about baring your private business to the world. It's great that you're that comfortable - but requiring clear bags is very intrusive to others (especially young teens) who might not be.

Not everyone IS an adult (I am), and not everyone is as confident as you clearly are about baring your private business to the world. It's great that you're that comfortable - but requiring clear bags is very intrusive to others (especially young teens) who might not be.

It's not like they are following you into the bathroom and watching. They are wrapped up and young people will have no clue what they are, and adults will either not see them or ignore them. And I have 2 teen daughters and we know this is a part of life. They are even comfortable talking about their period around their Dad. They go and tell him when they need some tampons from the store. I don't like acting like this is something secret or shameful. Like I said, no one is paying attention to your bag of feminine products. But you can always put them in a separate bag and put that bag in a clear bag.

My son used my running belt that holds my iphone, for his iphone and it had to be checked also. So pretty much anything that holds anything no matter how small lol

I carried a small cross-body and it was a quick search because I only brought in a few things. (hand sanitizer, phone, maybe a dollar store poncho or two :) )

NASCAR and other racing venues that instituted a bag check policy made it easier on people saying that clear bags or backpacks you can see through would work w\o having to open them. They just pick them up, spin around and look at contents inside, if no other little bags or containers inside catch their eye for further check your thru the gate. They still have metal detectors at many tracks you have to walk thru.

NFL stadiums mandate clear bags.

I don't care if someone sees me carrying a tampon. We are adults and everyone knows about a woman's time of the month. Most people either are not paying attention to you or could care less.
Why not just have to show everyone our underwear while we're at it? We are adults (well, except for the 1/2 or more of WDW guests who are actually not adults), everyone wears underwear, and most people really could care less.

Why not just have to show everyone our underwear while we're at it? We are adults (well, except for the 1/2 or more of WDW guests who are actually not adults), everyone wears underwear, and most people really could care less.

Huh? That makes no sense.

Also, it’s couldnt care less (as opposed to could care less, which is the opposite meaning).

Why not just have to show everyone our underwear while we're at it? We are adults (well, except for the 1/2 or more of WDW guests who are actually not adults), everyone wears underwear, and most people really could care less.[/QUOTE

Carrying feminine supplies is no different then having tissues or bandages with you. It is a normal healthcare need and is nothing to be ashamed or embarrassed about. It is the mentality that woman have to hide that fact that they have a period is what keeps the stigma up about it. It's 2018 people. We all know how bodies work. And like I said, kids will have no clue what they are and are too busy enjoying themselves to worry about something that is wrapped up in someone's bag.

Carrying feminine supplies is no different then having tissues or bandages with you. It is a normal healthcare need and is nothing to be ashamed or embarrassed about. It is the mentality that woman have to hide that fact that they have a period is what keeps the stigma up about it. It's 2018 people. We all know how bodies work. And like I said, kids will have no clue what they are and are too busy enjoying themselves to worry about something that is wrapped up in someone's bag.
And like I said, we all might as well have to flash our underwear as to have to publicly display our feminine hygiene products. What year it is doesn't matter.

There's a difference between shame and modesty, between embarrassment and wanting the dignity of some privacy.

Huh? That makes no sense.

Also, it’s couldnt care less (as opposed to could care less, which is the opposite meaning).
That is an American idiom that I used correctly. It is derived from the British version, which includes the word "couldn't" instead of the American version's "could". Like all idioms, it isn't meant to be taken literally.

Anything else you don't understand?

Last edited:

Just to be clear when I mentioned clear bags being allowed at other events it’s NOT a requirement at all of them and nobody said it should be. Some venues like NFL clear bags are it and the process is quick and painless.

Most events where clear bags are used It’s an option they allow entrants to use. Think Disney could offer the same option too. Clear bags would speed up the process some as most people really could care less who sees their contents. Don’t like the idea then you have the option of a normal bag or no bag or whatever suites you. Offering us more options that speed the process up while maintaining safety integrity would be good

Last edited:
If they're so vigilant... even with small cross body bags and wristlets, why aren't they checking cargo pants pockets?
Most of the time when we went to Magic Kingdom through our hotel we had to go through the bag check AND through a metal detector.

I can't remember how many times I went through a metal detector at other parks. I know my husband and son went through many of them because they didn't go through bag search.

Just to be clear when I mentioned clear bags being allowed at other events it’s NOT a requirement at all of them and nobody said it should be. Some venues like NFL clear bags are it and the process is quick and painless.

Most events where clear bags are used It’s an option they allow entrants to use. Think Disney could offer the same option too. Clear bags would speed up the process some as most people really could care less who sees their contents. Don’t like the idea then you have the option of a normal bag or no bag or whatever suites you. Offering us more options that speed the process up while maintaining safety integrity would be good
I purposely put all the things in my backpack in a large ziplock baggie, When it's inspection time, I remove the baggie and it speeds the process up. Security guards usually thank me for making their job easier.

And like I said, we all might as well have to flash our underwear as to have to publicly display our feminine hygiene products. What year it is doesn't matter.

There's a difference between shame and modesty, between embarrassment and wanting the dignity of some privacy.

That is an American idiom that I used correctly. It is derived from the British version, which includes the word "couldn't" instead of the American version's "could". Like all idioms, it isn't meant to be taken literally.

Anything else you don't understand?

I don't see the correlation between showing your underwear that you are wearing and your hygiene products IN YOUR BAG. You are not showing your tampons in use. It is no different then them being on the store shelf. You are being ridiculous about it. Do you hide it in a bag at the store so no one sees you buying it? News flash, everyone knows you have your period.

Most of the time when we went to Magic Kingdom through our hotel we had to go through the bag check AND through a metal detector.

I can't remember how many times I went through a metal detector at other parks. I know my husband and son went through many of them because they didn't go through bag search.

I go bag free and the last few trips, the only time that I have gone through the metal detectors what at EPCOT. They had everyone go through them there. But the other parks they seem to pick and choose who to send through.

Since this conversation is now mostly about clear bags (which is not a WDW requirement) and has moved beyond being Theme Parks Attractions & Strategies related, closing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter