Bag search /check

Status
Not open for further replies.

themollendorns

Mouseketeer
Hello everyone! We are trying to plan a way to maximize our limited time in the parks. We plan on bringing the bare minimum to the parks. What is the biggest "bag" I can carry to avoid the bag search line? Last time I had my phone in a wristlet and was able to skip the line. Thanks for any help!

Our last visits were October and January and they were checking everything. My husband always wears cargo shorts and he was "randomly selected" for the metal detector at almost every gate. So if skipping the bag check is really crucial, I'd put your phone and a lightweight wristlet or neck pouch in your pockets and then take them out and wear them separately once you're through.

Any bag is a bag.
I've never waited more than a few minutes at security and usually walk right up.
Just don't go right before or right after RD and you won't find super long waits.
And remember many times if you just utilize your pockets you'll then have to take everything out to go through the metal detector.

i just bought a running buddy for my waist for wdw trip. does anyone know if you only have that, do you have to go thru search line?

Cargo pants. Any actual "bag" is supposed toe be checked. As long as we don't have the baby with us my wife and I only carry what will fit in our pockets.
To this I would just add that if you enter the parks via a monorail resort, everyone will go through the metal detectors and you'll have to empty your pockets. Also true if in any park you're pulled over for random metal detector screening.

Good thing is that the lines rarely take long at all.

i just bought a running buddy for my waist for wdw trip. does anyone know if you only have that, do you have to go thru search line?

As I said in my PP a bag is a bag.
Even if you were to wear it under your clothing you would then likely have to go through the metal detector in which you would have to remove it and then security may ask that you go back through the bag check since your bag was not previously checked.

As I said in my PP a bag is a bag.
Even if you were to wear it under your clothing you would then likely have to go through the metal detector in which you would have to remove it and then security may ask that you go back through the bag check since your bag was not previously checked.

This. I always carry a bag in the park, my nephew does not. He would without fail have to empty his pockets and go thru the metal detector. I wouldn't try and get around the bag check, it would probably backfire on you.

If you can, avoid bringing a bag to Epcot. That security line is the worst. The other three parks seem to go pretty quick as they have many bag check lines. Epcot's security area is small and they can't fit any more tables in there.
Last week, there were additional security check tables at Epcot that made the lines just as quick as other parks.

The only thing they ever made me take out of my pockets is anything that would set the metal detectors off (phone, keys, etc...). If you don't carry that type of thing, I don't think you have to empty your pockets... at least in my experience.

Utilized the bagless entrance all last week... probably 70% of the time had to go through the metal detector anyway, a lot of times all bagless had to.. just had to take my phone out as had mostly non-metallic stuff in pockets.

This! (OOPS, quoting the above post about Epcot being the worst didn't work! SORRY!)

We were there for 15 days at Christmas time and five days in mid-May.
It always varied...but EP was hands-down the worst. About 20 minutes on average in December. It just felt like 45 minutes as you were really packed in. It can't be worse than that...
Most times the other parks lines moved quickly, occasionally/rarely could be as long as 15 minutes.
My three daughters always got checked for their multiple varieties of itty-bitty cell phone holders.
We tired to just have my husband carry my epi-pen to avoid it, and he always seemed to get pegged...old, fat white-guys are always breaking the rules, so we sent him ahead in the no bags line, and we got through about the same time.
You really can't avoid it.

And, the major reason it went slowly, is that folks were not ready and taking ridiculous amounts of stuff in multiple bags with tons of pockets they didn't have open or multiple shopping bags. I was always amazed.

Last edited:
My son had flat front shorts on two weeks ago
His phone was in his pocket
They asked him what was in his pocket as we approached the no bags area
This was prior to where they ask you empty pockets

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter