August 2024 Refurbs..Haunted Mansion Holiday opens July 29th! Space Mountain and Disneyland Railroad start August 5. Monorail starts August 12.

I'm really disappointed to hear about the closures. I'll be arriving in mid-August for a few days, and it's my first trip in many years. With Space Mountain, Haunted Mansion, Railroad, Monorail, and Winnie the Pooh all closed, plus Tiana's not yet open, it feels like a lot!

I'm really disappointed to hear about the closures. I'll be arriving in mid-August for a few days, and it's my first trip in many years. With Space Mountain, Haunted Mansion, Railroad, Monorail, and Winnie the Pooh all closed, plus Tiana's not yet open, it feels like a lot!
I agree! I’m sorry you’ll miss out on those. We arrive August 26 and I’m hoping Space Mountain will be open by then. And the railroad too!

I agree! I’m sorry you’ll miss out on those. We arrive August 26 and I’m hoping Space Mountain will be open by then. And the railroad too!
That’s when we arrive and hoping the same. We are bringing my son’s friend-14 and his first Disney park visit. I’d hate him to mjss space mountain!

The Railroad is likely due to Haunted Mansion construction and possibly to keep the final construction around Tiana "secret" until it is open.

There is a rumor, not sure I can post the website, but that the Magic happens parade is ending early on Aug 22. It claims that a short cavalcade of characters would preform daily until the Christmas Fantasy parade returns Nov 15. Apparently this has to do with cutting costs? If this is true, then its a huge huge disappointment.

There is a rumor, not sure I can post the website, but that the Magic happens parade is ending early on Aug 22. It claims that a short cavalcade of characters would preform daily until the Christmas Fantasy parade returns Nov 15. Apparently this has to do with cutting costs? If this is true, then its a huge huge disappointment.
I hope not true but would not be surprised

If the website is not allowed on the Dis the website will show up as **** when you post it. Then you know you can't and can go back and edit/delete.

I'm super bummed about the Magic Happens rumor. You would think that with all the refurbishments, they would increase entertainment.

You can't book the railroad tour till at least 3 September so I think the railroad will be out for the entire month

Turtle Talk with Crush: August 5 to August 15. Reopens August 16.

Anna and Elsa's Royal Welcome: August 5 to August 15. Reopens August 16.

I arrive September 4th with park days the 5-10, doing the 10k on the 7th. I really hope Space Mountain is open by then. The DL Space Mountain is so much better than Disney Worlds.

I arrive September 4th with park days the 5-10, doing the 10k on the 7th. I really hope Space Mountain is open by then. The DL Space Mountain is so much better than Disney Worlds.
It will be close but I suspect it will be open for you.

We will get there on August 9. It has been ten years since DH and I visited DL. (We live on the East Coast, so we visit WDW more.) We are bring our kids (two adults, one teen) for their first visit. We obviously knew about HM. But hearing about Space Mountain closing right before we arrive was such a bummer. I mean, there isn't anything we can do--we aren't about to cancel our plans. But it still stinks.

Ugggg. We arrive Aug 24th and have 3 park days scheduled that week + 1 night OBB. Our last park day is Aug 31st - crossing fingers that Space Mtn is back open by then. Glad to see that Haunted Mansion is due to open the day before our arrival though....but I'm greedy! I want both of them open!!

New DISboards Posts

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest