DISmeet at the Fort 2024?

What dates in 2024 would work best for you?

• Week of January 15, 2024 (MLK Day Week)

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Week of February 19, 2024 (Presidents Day Week)

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Week of March 11, 2024

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Week of April 8, 2024 (Possible spring break conflicts)

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Week of May 20, 2024 (Week before Memorial Day)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Week of September 2, 2024 (Labor Day Week)

• Week of October 7, 2024

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • Week of November 4, 2024

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • Week of December 2, 2024

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • 2024 Probably won't work for me, let's wait till 2025

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kris, we will miss seeing you and Bert around the Fort among the days of the DISMeet and especially during puzzle time in the mornings. But I understand the position you find yourself in and ya'll were wise to have a Plan B in place as early as you did. At least you'll be at the pot luck on Monday. Oh and I hope you both run fast on the W&D Half.

Me, I will NOT be running at all for the 5k and 10k W&D races on the days just before your Half. I will be walking (5k not timed at all, 10k keep it within 3 hours ok?) and blowing kisses to no one in particular (but if the Mary Poppins character CM is out on the race way for pics, I might get into her line for a photo and lick my lips before I pose). Just in case. :love2: Someone may want to notify Security ahead of time.

I expect this coming W&D 5/10K's to be my LAST runDisney races as a participant. I did a set of 5k/10k/Half/Whole before I was 40 and I will complete another exact set before I am 60 (more or less :rolleyes:) I am not a skinny runner but the 8 runDisney races I will have completed have GREAT memories, PLENTY of stories, and an UNDERSTANDING of what runners experience on ANY length of ANY race on ANY weekend. It's been a good "run" (pun intended) for me. I think I will fade into the background and be a cheerleader for my next generation who might end up in runDisney races.

Make sure you and Bert come by and say hello to us (me and DW). Sorry Whiskey couldn't make this trip.

ED

@Teamubr I will have some projects that will need attention through that time as we kick off our next generation edge platform builds. Still going to have plenty of time for Dismeet activities, and when Melissa arrives. Just expecting more full or 3/4 days when I do work just because I need to manage the projects and keep the jr staff on task.

I will cheer you runners on....mostly in my sleep since I will likely wake up when you are half way done or likely finished....

Ok, were leaving saterday. Mostly everything is bought and packed. Hitch up tomorrow, do the leaves and grass. The warm weather here delayed fall, leaves are starting to come down now. Usually they are mostly done.......go to sleep early and get up at 430 to leave at 5 am. So that means we will be starting of at 6 am. Lol.

Nothing more exciting then the few days leading up to departure!! Having a planned departure time and not sweating when you hit the road is something I started to embrase. Vacation starts then, not when you get there. Changes the perspective and stress levels for me.

I'll agree, when we leave I am calm. Up untill that time , me and that Murphy guy always have some sort of tuffle. Man does he get some shots in.

I view hitting the road as a next step on vacation. In my head, vacation starts when I'm walking out of work and know I don't have to come back for a few days.

Have a safe and fun trip down, Spencer.

j

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest