August 2 2025, DVC member Cruise on the Dream!

MC brings in Disney on Broadway current and former stars who perform songs both from their shows and other Disney shows and movies. This one we had the bonus of stars from London West End productions. Broadway stars included Ashley Brown, former Belle and original Mary Poppins; Josh Strickland, original Tarzan; Kissy Simmons, longest running Nala in Lion King; Michael James Scott, current Genie in Aladdin. We also had Paige Ohara, original Belle from the animated movie, and Susan Egan, original Belle on Broadway. London East End singers included stars who were a Genie, a Jasmine, and a Nala. The September MC on the Wish also had a special version of the Disney Princess Concert with the four regulars plus Jodie Benson original voice of Ariel in the Little Mermaid.

MC brings in Disney on Broadway current and former stars who perform songs both from their shows and other Disney shows and movies. This one we had the bonus of stars from London West End productions. Broadway stars included Ashley Brown, former Belle and original Mary Poppins; Josh Strickland, original Tarzan; Kissy Simmons, longest running Nala in Lion King; Michael James Scott, current Genie in Aladdin. We also had Paige Ohara, original Belle from the animated movie, and Susan Egan, original Belle on Broadway. London East End singers included stars who were a Genie, a Jasmine, and a Nala. The September MC on the Wish also had a special version of the Disney Princess Concert with the four regulars plus Jodie Benson original voice of Ariel in the Little Mermaid.
Wow. A lot of those names don’t mean much to me (we’ve seen several of the Broadway musicals but I couldn’t tell you who sang which roles, even with original cast performances) but Paige O’Hara or Jodie Benson would be pretty incredible. I wonder how many member cruises I’ll have to go on before they can convince Mandy Moore to show up. 🤔

DCL has quietly changed the all board time for our cruise from 4 pm to 3 pm. This change goes into effect in early Nov 2024 for the Disney Dream and emails have started going out (possibly in sail date order). The same change will also apply to the Disney Magic and Disney Wish (starting in Sept 2024) and the Disney Fantasy (starting in Dec 2024) and only appear to affect sailings out of Port Canaveral and Port Everglades.

DCL has quietly changed the all board time for our cruise from 4 pm to 3 pm. This change goes into effect in early Nov 2024 for the Disney Dream and emails have started going out (possibly in sail date order). The same change will also apply to the Disney Magic and Disney Wish (starting in Sept 2024) and the Disney Fantasy (starting in Dec 2024) and only appear to affect sailings out of Port Canaveral and Port Everglades.
I have been reading about this and do not think it will be a concern to us. I wonder if this means they will be leaving an hour earlier? I have not seen anything about that..smjj

I have been reading about this and do not think it will be a concern to us. I wonder if this means they will be leaving an hour earlier? I have not seen anything about that..smjj
I have seen anything about the actual departure time changing yet either.

We live in Central FL, so no real impact for us. For the Member Cruise, we will head down to Fort Lauderdale the day before. For sailings out of Port Canaveral, we drive to the port that morning.

On that Sept 9 cruise, we are leaving at 3, so I think it is an earlier departure than usual.

Booked VB for two nights before the cruise! If anyone else is staying there, let’s organize a meet!

I currently have reservations at the Four Points by Sheraton and Hyatt Place (both are just south of the airport and about 6 miles from the port) reserved for the night before the cruise. Both can be cancelled without penalty up to 2 days prior to check-in. We will be driving down from Central FL and will probably park at the port for the cruise.

yes, that is what they’ve been announcing for the one I’m on now. With a reminder to be sure it is fully charged as if it won’t work at the end of the day to return they won’t let you on...or so they say.
Good news from DCL. You can now use a DisneyBand+ (aka MagicBand+) to debark and embark the ship at all ports of call.

https://www.facebook.com/reel/1274630590185555

yes, that is what they’ve been announcing for the one I’m on now. With a reminder to be sure it is fully charged as if it won’t work at the end of the day to return they won’t let you on...or so they say.
How’s the cruise you are on now? Seas? Weather?

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest