At Saratoga Springs. Very disappointed.

We don't use the ice made in the rooms, the filters are not serviced as they should be. The ice makers down the hall have commercial filters that are on a replacement schedule.

:earsboy: Bill

This, but I’ve always found that there are ice trays. We clean them and fill them (with our bottled spring water bc Florida water is yuck) and use that ice.

I think OKW is the only resort that has ice makers in the freezer section of the refrigerator. All the rest give you ice trays to make your own.

I think OKW is the only resort that has ice makers in the freezer section of the refrigerator. All the rest give you ice trays to make your own.

Nope, Just got back from a 6 day stay at CCV. They have ice makers in their NEW stainless steel refrigerators! Very nice indeed!

They really shouldn't let the rooms degrade to this point. 14 years of constant, heavy use is too much wear and tear between refurbishments. They should shorten the hard goods timeline from 14 years to 8 or 9 IMO. To think it was once every 24 years is just crazy. It's supposed to be 'deluxe' accommodation.

By the same token I've stayed at SSR many, many times, and I've never had a room in the conditions described on this thread.!

I agree that this is probably not the norm, but nonetheless it's not good for the members who get stuck in a room like this. A little extra effort to identify the rooms that are in serious need of repair should be part of every resort's standard operating procedures.

They really shouldn't let the rooms degrade to this point. 14 years of constant, heavy use is too much wear and tear between refurbishments. They should shorten the hard goods timeline from 14 years to 8 or 9 IMO. To think it was once every 24 years is just crazy. It's supposed to be 'deluxe' accommodation.
I though Ken Potrock announced at the last Member meeting in December that they were speeding up renovations in all the resorts to something like 8 years. SSR just has to wait for OKW to be done (too many rooms taken out of service at one time).

Here's what I posted on another thread earlier this month (May '18).

I am at SSR right now. I love the resort. I love being able to walk to DS in less than 5 minutes. I love being able to park close. I love the landscaping and golf course. My favorite resort. Even though I own at BLT I rarely stay there.

But GOSH do these rooms need a refurb DESPERATELY. The couch is so worn out that no one can sit on it. My DH prefers to sit in my rollator’s seat so that’s saying something.

The fan looks like a $49 special from Big Lots. The rest of the furniture is just so old, very dated and just plain worn out. The rugs are worn from from traffic.

And it’s not just this one room. This is our third stay since September 2017. And 3 trips the year before. All of the rooms are like this.

So why do we continue to stay here? Location,location, location. Plus availability with short notice.

Disney sure has waited too long here at SSR. I reserved a studio for a friend who is here with us now. I’m embarrassed at how bad her room is. She is not familiar with Disney at all. She probably thinks we put her up at the Disney equivalent of Motel 6. Of course she would never complain.

After coming home I cancelled our September reservations at SSR. Not sure if we will go at all in September. I'd already decided to forgo a Christmas trip this year. I may just rent out my points via David's and stay offsite if we go at all.

Did WDW give up on DVC members?
I think that Disney has made a major commitment to DVC - but in the process of providing new properties, I think they have forgotten to maintain the current DVC properties.

these reviews of SSR almost seem like the norm now lmao.

sorry to hear about your poor experience, bribrittmom!

We too were disappointed on our last SSR stay due to the condition of the sofa in our 1 bedroom. This was in January, and the initial cleanliness of the bathroom was awful.

We were at SSR last December and our one bedroom ground floor villa was great. No problems at all.
I think that Disney has made a major commitment to DVC - but in the process of providing new properties, I think they have forgotten to maintain the current DVC properties.
The money they have for renovations comes from our annual fees. I think they spend too much on the designer and the extras and leave out the main things. Kind of like the renovation shows on television. They spend 20% of the budget on curtains, knick knacks, flowers, oranges, weird décor items, etc.

This worries me. I have a reservation there in December and while I hate to be the complainer I paid too much for our vacation to be disappointed in things. I’m usually quiet but I think I’ll have to say something. I hope I have an experience different from this and I’m sorry you had such a bad one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter