At Saratoga Springs. Very disappointed.

Bribrittmom

DIS Veteran
I used to love Saratoga Springs, the beautiful grounds as well as the comfortable homey rooms. Well the grounds and pools are still lovely, however the villa is looking very worn out. I brought a friend with me who has never stayed at a DVC resort and I’m sure this stay wouldn’t persuade her to buy. All the wood furniture is nicked and stained, the couch is worn out as well as the washer dryer which works albeit barely. The dryer takes two hours to dry a small load of clothes. The fridge looks like something from the nineties without a ice maker. I will say the beds are comfortable and we are in a good location in The Paddock close to the pool and bus stop. We even saw a cockroach in the room, not a Palmetto bug but don’t want chemicals sprayed because I have my two year old granddaughter with us. Will call if we see another. We are in a two bedroom. Will definitely not be back here unless nothing else is available until they do a refurbishment.

I used to love Saratoga Springs, the beautiful grounds We even saw a cockroach in the room, not a Palmetto bug but don’t want chemicals sprayed because I have my two year old granddaughter with us. Will call if we see another. .
Wow, I've enjoyed many stays at SSR, disappointing to hear. Be sure to tell them on check out day, wouldn't want an infestation.

Tell them NOW about the dryer. They might be able to fix it now.

We even saw a cockroach in the room, not a Palmetto bug but don’t want chemicals sprayed because I have my two year old granddaughter with us.

Meh. It’s Florida. My mom kept the cleanest house in all the land, but in Miami she had bugs. It is what it is. A little hairspray takes care of it if you wish.

And fwiw roaches look just like palmetto bugs at a certain size. IMO they are the same except palmettos fly.

This was our general experience. Loved the resort and grounds, hated the room. It was filthy when we arrived (like actual caked on food in the kitchen sink and old food containers in the trash). The dryer barely dried anything. The A/C broke one night and we had the maintenance guy with us for a couple of hour after the kids went to bed which sucked. I love the pools there and both the TS and quick service places, but the rooms itself was disappointing. This was a one bedroom villa.

This was our experience as well. I was wondering at the time if there was just neglect in our section. The sofa and mattress were beyond gone. We’ve decided to stay at Kidani or OKW until the refurb is complete.

We haven't been there for years, but they didn't have an ice makers in the fridge then either. It was kind of a pet peeve of mine, coming from OKW which has had ice makers since 1991. I hope they keep them there, in the new remodel.

I'm sorry to read these reviews. We like staying in DVC, even though we rent and aren't owners. Lately, I've been seeing a lot of pluses about the resort in general. Our next trip will be summer 2020. What refurbished are planned ar SSR and are they expected to be completed by then?

I'm sorry to read these reviews. We like staying in DVC, even though we rent and aren't owners. Lately, I've been seeing a lot of pluses about the resort in general. Our next trip will be summer 2020. What refurbished are planned ar SSR and are they expected to be completed by then?

Full hardgoods. Should be complete by then.

This was our experience as well. I was wondering at the time if there was just neglect in our section. The sofa and mattress were beyond gone. We’ve decided to stay at Kidani or OKW until the refurb is complete.

I noticed the same thing about our sofa this past trip.

I used to love Saratoga Springs, the beautiful grounds as well as the comfortable homey rooms. Well the grounds and pools are still lovely, however the villa is looking very worn out. I brought a friend with me who has never stayed at a DVC resort and I’m sure this stay wouldn’t persuade her to buy. All the wood furniture is nicked and stained, the couch is worn out as well as the washer dryer which works albeit barely. The dryer takes two hours to dry a small load of clothes. The fridge looks like something from the nineties without a ice maker. I will say the beds are comfortable and we are in a good location in The Paddock close to the pool and bus stop. We even saw a cockroach in the room, not a Palmetto bug but don’t want chemicals sprayed because I have my two year old granddaughter with us. Will call if we see another. We are in a two bedroom. Will definitely not be back here unless nothing else is available until they do a refurbishment.
Yuck! I'm so sorry you had that experience.

That's a bummer. My only complaint of our studio in the Paddock two weeks ago was that it always felt damp. AC worked great but when I sat on the bed it had the "moist" feel. I agree that a refurb is due. The room wasn't awful...just way out of date and ready for a do-over. Especially the carpet. I hope they go hardwood floors.

That's a bummer. My only complaint of our studio in the Paddock two weeks ago was that it always felt damp. AC worked great but when I sat on the bed it had the "moist" feel. I agree that a refurb is due. The room wasn't awful...just way out of date and ready for a do-over. Especially the carpet. I hope they go hardwood floors.

If Potrock is still in charge, SSR will end up looking like all of the other refurbed resorts.

:earsboy: Bill

Last edited:
Do any of the DVC resorts refrigerators have ice makers. I don’t recall any when we stayed in a 1 bedroom at Kidani. DVC units appear to have basic refrigerators.but the good news is that the refurb is starting soon.

Do any of the DVC resorts refrigerators have ice makers. I don’t recall any when we stayed in a 1 bedroom at Kidani. DVC units appear to have basic refrigerators.but the good news is that the refurb is starting soon.

We don't use the ice made in the rooms, the filters are not serviced as they should be. The ice makers down the hall have commercial filters that are on a replacement schedule.

:earsboy: Bill

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter