Anyone going to watch the royal wedding ?

I remember that one also .. I was just a small kid then :) I do have a soft spot for her boys .. love seeing them happy ! I tested out our royal wedding food already .. made a small version of their wedding cake last night ( the type ) it was sooooo good !! It’s supposed to be lemon elderflower..

:confused3 I apparently live under a rock - when is it? I imagine there will be ample news coverage so practically everyone on the planet will see at least some of it. I’ve got no plans to watch it live, or in its entirety but I would like to see the dress.

I watched Princess Diana get married when I was a little girl, and excitedly watched Will and Catherine's wedding with my own little girls.

But I won't be watching this time. I'm not at all a fan of Meghan Markle's.

We Americans are complicated like that. :laughing:

I think we can appreciate the majesty of it all while simultaneously loving our independence from the monarchy.

I got a chuckle out of the part I bolded. I immediately thought of a saying we have in the south "Bless his heart" which of course mean someone is not too bright.

:confused3 I apparently live under a rock - when is it? I imagine there will be ample news coverage so practically everyone on the planet will see at least some of it. I’ve got no plans to watch it live, or in its entirety but I would like to see the dress.

Is on May 19th @ St Georges Chaple in Windsor Castle.

Might have to settle for re runs here, will air at 11pm our time

Last edited:
I watched Princess Diana get married when I was a little girl, and excitedly watched Will and Catherine's wedding with my own little girls.

But I won't be watching this time. I'm not at all a fan of Meghan Markle's.
I never even heard of her before the engagement. I just figure he deserves a chance to choose his partner and assume he wasn't corralled into a loveless match the way his parents were. I wish them all the best.

I never even heard of her before the engagement. I just figure he deserves a chance to choose his partner and assume he wasn't corralled into a loveless match the way his parents were. I wish them all the best.
Andrew and Sarah Fergason had a love match - a very public and passionate one as I remember. It didn’t work out any better than Charles and Diana. Ann is also divorced but Edward and Sophie seem to be going along fine.

I think marriages, whether “corralled” or freely chosen, are precarious and fail all too often. :sad1:

Andrew and Sarah Fergason had a love match - a very public and passionate one as I remember. It didn’t work out any better than Charles and Diana. Ann is also divorced but Edward and Sophie seem to be going along fine.

I think marriages, whether “corralled” or freely chosen, are precarious and fail all too often. :sad1:
Sure, but it seems so much worse when they have been corralled into it.

I won't be watching, I don't believe in the idea of 'royalty'. It will be hard to avoid news coverage however. I think they seem like a nice couple and hope they succeed at marriage.

I believe Andrew and Sarah are still living together.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2401660/Prince-Andrew-Sarah--Duchess-York-reunite.html

My daughter was to young for the last one but we are definitely watching this one together .. there is always something sweet about watching a new princess!

My understanding is that she will NOT become a princess.

I doubt I will watch live but I will watch some coverage. I will admit to being an unashamed anglophile and royal watcher.

I won't be watching, I don't believe in the idea of 'royalty'. It will be hard to avoid news coverage however. I think they seem like a nice couple and hope they succeed at marriage.

I believe Andrew and Sarah are still living together.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2401660/Prince-Andrew-Sarah--Duchess-York-reunite.html

My understanding is that she will NOT become a princess.

She will not be a princess in her own right but, like Kate, her titles will include princess though technically she will be Princess Henry like Kate is technically Princess William but goes by Princess Kate or, more generally, the Duchess of Cambridge. I wonder if, in the future when Charles is king and William becomes the Prince of Wales if Kate will then go by Princess of Wales or keep going by the Duchess of Cambridge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter