All You Need is The Force, Trust and Pixie Dust! A May 2014 TR -- Updated 11/20

It's kind of funny that Howard and I both reading the start of this TR separately on our own computers at this exact moment, haha. I think Disney would be the ONLY place I'd be okay going by myself at first because of Magical Express and all that. There's really no need to worry about getting around with the way Disney takes care of everything.

You still take really nice pictures! I like seeing the world through a solo adventurer!

Your pictures are good! Nice job!

You'll be covering World Cup Soccer at work? I'm so sorry...

Believe it or not, I had no trouble finding the Anna and Elsa barbie sized dolls shortly before Christmas to give as gifts. I must have just hit it right as I've heard so many complain about the lack of Frozen merchandise.

You look so happy! Married life must be agreeing with you!

Great morning!! Amazing how you can be boarding a plane in one moment, and walking towards Cinderella's castle the next!

Your Boardwalk view is gorgeous -- literally perfect!! :thumbsup2

And, your photos are great! I like the F&G photos...I'd love to visit Epcot during that festival sometime!

Our cruise was wonderful....I plan on starting a report VERY soon! And, would love a DC DISmeet :goodvibes I'd actually love to hear about your DVC experience...we visit enough now that I am beginning to wonder about it...

Brilliant start and hey I'm very impressed with the pics so far :thumbsup2 You can tell that gorgeous smile of yours just comes from the heart :goodvibes
Our first day traditions generally involve trying to stay awake so that we recover from jet-lag asap. I'm one of those freaks that cant properly start my hols unless I've unpacked :confused3 So I normally do that with the others helping until they either get bored or get in my road :rolleyes2 (patience is a virtue I may lack after 9 hour flight :lmao:) at which point hubby takes kids to pool and I join them as soon as I'm done. This last 2 years we've had QS at the pool before that we were the family who had children sleeping with their heads on the table at 7pm (midnight our time). We are ALWAYS up before the sun on our first day and MK is always the first park we hit unless we are heading to the darkside for a day sssshhhh!!

I am thoroughly enjoying your report. I've read another of your report and have to say your husband takes fantastic pictures but yours are oretty decent. Keep up the good work. I'll be reading.

This is such a fun trip report already! I also think you were being too hard on yourself about the photos -- I think they are great so far and I'm really enjoying the selfies, too! They're just so much fun and capture a feeling in a moment! Also... I feel ya about the boardwalk resorts... love the others but love love love those ones! And yum... funnel cake... I want some right now!

So excited for your trip report. I was following on your facebook page and looking to hear all about your trip. I haven't been to WDW since 2003 and we are going the day after thanksgiving this year and I can't wait. I'm hoping my fiancee loves it as much as I do so that we can keep going back! Love your pictures they are great! Look forward to seeing Franklin's also!

EEK I cannot imagine waiting 4 hours to meet a princess especially with children! Right now I am super happy to have been blessed with boys who could care less. I think I am pretty spoiled that generally I won't wait more then 30-40mins for anything at WDW and for that it would have to be good...like TSM on our last trip! Love the report so far!

I LOVE your necklace! It's beautiful!

I don't love the new DME video either. I miss the videos of kids getting surprised with trips, and the Disney characters checking in. I did like the interviews with CMs though!

Psh, you don't give yourself enough credit, those resort photos are gorgeous!

We try to go to Downtown Disney on our first day. When we went in August we walked in and Part of Your World was playing. It was a moment of pure Disney magic. Plus we get to start our trip with snacks, shopping, and pin trading :thumbsup2

What a great start to your trip! I am loving all the Selfies! The Boardwalk looks so classy. And what a view!!

Funnel cake without powdered sugar? Certainly less messy!

Yay! Joining in as I love your TR's! They make me feel like I am right there with you! Franklin's photos sure help with that too :). Only 3 1/2 months until our trip with the first time at MNSSHP/F&W. Can't wait!

Following along!

My partner (now husband!) and I were at Disney just a few days before you. It was our first stay at the Boardwalk to celebrate our wedding. (We're calling it a minimoon rather than a honeymoon since we're taking a longer honeymoon trip to DLR and Hawaii in the fall.)

I read all of your other trip reports in the weeks leading up to our May trip. So excited you've got another one started!

My husband doesn't get much time off from work, so we generally fly down late in the evening so we can get in as much Disney time as possible. On both of our trips together so far, our first park has been AK the morning after arrival. Other than that no arrival traditions...just feeling overjoyed to be at the World! :dance3:

Duh! I’m in!!

Also…#derp to me for seeing ya’ll more than once and not getting any pictures together….

Ugh, have to agree about the new dme video! It just sucks lol! Thankfully the cartoons are still great! Lol.

WOW what a beautiful view and villa!! That’s way prettier than I thought it was lol….I’ll have to look into staying at the BW now bahaha!

Love the updates so far!! Strolling over to WS for lunch is seriously amazing!! Ah Epcot, the summer is great to you! Love it! Oh, but that castle…love it MORE lol!!

Ahahahahaha 4 hours no thank you…. WHAT?! ELSA DOLLS!! We saw the shirts & all the Anna stuff but nothing Elsa! In preparation for moving I ended up selling all the Frozen merch I had and seriously, I sold that Elsa animator doll for $90….probably could’ve gotten more for it…

Awe man, was totally hoping for some Fof photos!! Definitely listening to it right now! Lol!

Hm…arrival day traditions? Think it all depends who I’m with lol! I usually like to have a character meal to really get into it, but if it’s just Steven & I since we’re AP’s we’ll head straight into MK because dang that Electrical parade just calls to us!

I'm here, I'm here!!! My first time to DIS all week, so I had to make sure I stopped in on your new TR. I love all of the selfies, so fun when you have a bit of solo time in the parks!

What a gorgeous day! I love the view from your room :thumbsup2 Looks like you got a lot accomplished in your first half of your day.
I'll be taking a plane to Orlando in July and this will be my first time riding with Jet Blue. I'm glad it gets a thumbs up from you because I was kind of nervous about flying. It's been a really long time!

Signing in. Have been following your Facebook page - thanks for all the tips!

Your photos are fine, Missy. You look like you are having a wonderful first day. I always appreciate a little solo time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter