All You Need is The Force, Trust and Pixie Dust! A May 2014 TR -- Updated 11/20

Whoot whoot!! Joining in!! From all the fb posts I have truly been looking forward to the tr!! Let the fun begin!!

Looking forward to how your SWW experience was, and hoping for some awesome Franklin photos of the new SWW fireworks!:cool1:

Can't wait to read!

Thanks for joining in! I can't wait to share the fun with you. :goodvibes

Greetings fellow washingtonian. Subbing in!

Hi there neighbor!

Following along! I'm obsessed with your Facebook page and I loved seeing pics on there

Thanks Courtney! It was so much fun interacting with everyone on the FB page while I was there, it was like having all of you with me on the trip!

I'm in! We just returned from our weekend at Boardwalk Villas & Star Wars ourselves.

Did you have fun? Boardwalk was the perfect homebase for SWW!

Yey for another trip report!! So excited to follow along!

:welcome:

YAY!!!

I'm in!

PS- I hope there are photos. I hope there are photos. I hope there are photos!

;)

There might be a photo or two. ;) Just don't forget that all of the photos in the first half of the trip are mine and not Franklin's. And I am not blessed with any sort of photography gift. :scared1:

Yep, I do wish I were in Orlando right now! It will be so fun to read your report since you and I had so many things scheduled at the same time! How did we not run into each other?!

I'm baffled that we didn't bump into each other! We practically had the same trip!

Also, I bow down to the amount of TR you've already written. I started to catch up with it today at work and you've really covered a ton of ground!

Subbing in! Can't wait for another one of your trip reports!

Glad to have you along again! Thank you! :goodvibes

And like many of my previous trip reports, I’ll make you this promise: You’ll laugh, you’ll cry, but mainly, you’ll wish you were in Orlando RIGHT NOW!
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
Yay a new trip report and one which I'm really looking forward to reading seeing as we were at the World at the same time. We've still got eight glorious days of holiday left

Disappointed our paths never crossed but maybe next time. Can't wait to see all of Franklin's photos.

Can't wait to hear about your trip! I hope we get that Dismeet next time!

Can't wait to hear how much fun you had. Austin and I had a blast that weekend.

It was such a fun weekend, wasn't it? Thanks for joining in!

I'm in for the ride on this one. Can't wait to follow along!

Yay! So glad to see you here! :goodvibes

Yay! I enjoyed catching up on your past TR's can't wait to be along for this one! :thumbsup2

:welcome: aboard!

Yay!!!!!

I'm getting all my stuff together so I can start mine. :thumbsup2

Yay!!!! So glad you're here. You kind of have to be, you're a costar in this TR, after all. :goodvibes

Yay! Can't wait to read all about it!

I can't wait to tell you all about it! :goodvibes

Yay...a Missy and Franklin trip report..I followed most of it on your FB page but can't wait to read all the details!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Danielle

And there will be LOTS of details, really fun ones! Thanks for reading!

YAY! So glad to your TR has started! I saw your FB posts, and it looked like a great trip! :wave2:

Franklin -- it was so great to meet you at MCO after our flight from DCA. Sorry if I was a little discombobulated....I was pretty shocked that someone recognized me from the DIS, and I was confused because I'd seen the FB posts and didn't realize Missy was doing some solo time -- so it took me a second to realize it was you! DH got such a kick out of the mini DIS meet, as he had been when I saw you guys at Disney on Ice! :goodvibes

Hi Julie! :wave2: I'm bummed I missed out on the plane Dismeet. Maybe we'll have to do a DC Dismeet! How was the cruise?

Joining in! Trying to soak up all the magic from trips during the same time as ours to help with the Disney depression.

Can't wait to follow along.

Disney depression is real, and I hope this TR is the best kind of medicine!

Can't wait for this! Now I get the full story behind all of your facebook pics :)

Thanks for joining Rachel! The full story is on its way!

I'm here! Can't wait to read about your trip!

Yay, glad to see you here! :goodvibes Thanks for joining in!

Whoot whoot!! Joining in!! From all the fb posts I have truly been looking forward to the tr!! Let the fun begin!!

Let the fun begin is right! Thanks for following on FB (and here!)

Looking forward to how your SWW experience was, and hoping for some awesome Franklin photos of the new SWW fireworks!:cool1:

You'll get not one, but TWO sets of SWW fireworks. Will that work?

Found you :)
Away to catch up :)

Glad you found us!

Lol I think she wants photos!!!!!!!!
(I can't wait to see them either) :)

But Dee was so subtle! I don't know how you figured it out. ;)

I'm In! Looking forward to following along. :cool1:

Thanks for joining! You're training for the marathon? Good luck, I bow down to runners. 5Ks are tough enough for me. ;)

Count me in! Can't wait to see the photos!

:welcome: Annie, glad to see you here.
[/CENTER]

Following along! I'm obsessed with your Facebook page and I loved seeing pics on there :)
Thanks for following. There will be tons more here.
YAY!!!

I'm in!

:banana: :banana: :banana:

PS- I hope there are photos. I hope there are photos. I hope there are photos!

;)

Spoiler Alert! There may be some photos. :lmao:
Yep, I do wish I were in Orlando right now! It will be so fun to read your report since you and I had so many things scheduled at the same time! How did we not run into each other?!
Oh no! It would have been so fun to meet up.
Disappointed our paths never crossed but maybe next time. Can't wait to see all of Franklin's photos.
Photos are coming right up.
Yay!!!!!

I'm getting all my stuff together so I can start mine. :thumbsup2
I'm still editing photos. If we waited until I finished, we would never start! :rotfl2:
YAY! So glad to your TR has started! I saw your FB posts, and it looked like a great trip! :wave2:

Franklin -- it was so great to meet you at MCO after our flight from DCA. Sorry if I was a little discombobulated....I was pretty shocked that someone recognized me from the DIS, and I was confused because I'd seen the FB posts and didn't realize Missy was doing some solo time -- so it took me a second to realize it was you! DH got such a kick out of the mini DIS meet, as he had been when I saw you guys at Disney on Ice! :goodvibes
I saw you guys board the plane from my window seat. It may have been awkward if I shouted over a couple strangers then. It was great to chat with you guys for a minute. Did you guys have fun on your cruise?
We tried a couple of spots for the fireworks. Stay tuned.
Lol I think she wants photos!!!!!!!!
(I can't wait to see them either) :)
:banana::rotfl: It's on the way!
Count me in! Can't wait to see the photos!
Thanks for joining us! Plenty of photos coming!
Awesome! Thanks for following along!

Warning: The first half of the trip was a solo trip for me. This means the photos are mine and not Franklin’s beautiful works of art. Me taking pictures tends to look like I’m living through a perpetual earthquake, so you've been warned!

This Disney trip started like most of our other Disney trips: Early! I had a 7 a.m. flight out of Reagan National Airport in Washington. And despite the plane in the photo, I was flying JetBlue!

DSC01665-L.jpg

Before I knew it, they loaded us on the plane and I was bound for Disney!

DSC01667-L.jpg

DSC01668-L.jpg

DSC01671-L.jpg

A mere two hours after take-off, I was changed into more Florida-weather appropriate attire and was on the faux-norail.

DSC01675-L.jpg

I was one of the last people loaded onto the Magical Express bus, so it didn't take long before we were on our way.

DSC01677-L.jpg

The cartoons on DME were still great…

DSC01676-L.jpg

… but I am not a fan of the new DME video. It’s too clinical and feels like one giant ad. I know the old video was meant to sell Disney’s stuff as much as this one, but it never felt that way. This one lacks all the fun and whimsy that made the old video a must-see. On the other hand, at least the video failed to keep my attention -- which was good because I was having technical difficulties getting the Wi-Fi SD card in the camera to beam the photos to my phone. Luckily my own personal IT (Franklin!) was available for a Skype session to get it fixed!

DSC01678-L.jpg

I wasn’t TOO busy to notice this beautiful sight: I had arrived!

DSC01679-L.jpg

DSC01680-L.jpg

First stop was Caribbean Beach Resort! It’s so pretty and pastel.

DSC01681-L.jpg

The next stop was mine, time to go home to Boardwalk!

DSC01682-L.jpg

Just the mere sight of this resort makes me so happy. I know, I know. We have three DVC home resorts, technically. And I really, really like (and cherish getting to stay at) Bay Lake Tower and Villas at Grand Floridian. But there’s a magic at Boardwalk that makes it truly feel like my Disney home.

A very perky cast member greeted me as I got off the bus, she guided me straight to a cast member at check-in. Check in went very smoothly. I nonchalantly asked if my request for the Village Green view had been fulfilled. The cast member smiled and said yes, and she said my room was all ready for me.

Wait, not only did I get my request, but my villa was ready at 10 a.m.?!?!? Holy DVC jackpot Batman!

I headed for the villa to get settled in before my grocery delivery arrived.

DSC01683-L.jpg

DSC01684-L.jpg

DSC01685-L.jpg

For those of you that don’t know, the Village Green is the courtyard between the regular resort building and the DVC building. It’s technically pool/garden view, but all the studios in that area have this awesome partial Boardwalk view.

DSC01686-L.jpg

Hello Spaceship Earth!

DSC01687-L.jpg

My view to the left.

DSC01688-L.jpg

And to the right.

DSC01689-L.jpg

I was pretty giddy on Facebook and Instagram:

So not only was our villa ready at 10 a.m., we got our village green request and it has a fabulous view of the Boardwalk and Spaceship Earth! DVC jackpot!

IMG_20140519_102439-L.jpg

I watched a round of Stacy’s Must Dos before the groceries were delivered.

DSC01692-L.jpg

Once they got there, I put everything away and decided it was time to venture out for lunch! When you’re staying at Boardwalk, there’s really only one way to start the trip. A lovely stroll to the World Showcase.

DSC01693-L.jpg

DSC01694-L.jpg

DSC01695-L.jpg

That is one quick commute. I was feeling something Asian for lunch, Japanese perhaps?

DSC01696-L.jpg

DSC01697-L.jpg

I ordered a chicken teriyaki and grabbed a table by the window.

DSC01698-L.jpg

Japan has one of my favorite CS restaurants in all of Disney and this meal didn't disappoint. It was delicious and really hit the spot. I had no real plans for the afternoon, just a hope to see Festival of Fantasy at Magic Kingdom. With nowhere to be, I chose to take the scenic route.

DSC01699-L.jpg

The Flower and Garden Festival had just ended, but lots of the topiaries were still up. I still feel like the added faces to the princess topiaries are two parts cute, one part creepy.

DSC01700-L.jpg

DSC01701-L.jpg

Disney is ready for the World Cup, even though I may not be. And that tournament is about to take over my whole (work) life. Yikes!

DSC01703-L.jpg

I stopped to watch my favorite fountain for a few minutes.

DSC01704-L.jpg

DSC01705-L.jpg

I had one more stop to make on my way to the monorail: Guest Relations to get my Tables in Wonderland card and get my DAS renewed.

DSC01707-L.jpg

I tend to like to take care of these things at the Guest Relations in Future World at Epcot, I’ve found the CMs there to be some of the most knowledgeable on property.

DSC01708-L.jpg

With my tasks accomplished, it was time to bid Epcot adieu. It’s monorail time! One ride to the TTC.

DSC01709-L.jpg

And then a train switch to the express monorail to MK!

DSC01711-L.jpg

Hello gorgeous! It's been much too long. Sigh. :cloud9:

DSC01713-L.jpg

It wasn’t terribly crowded, which made for an easy walk to Fantasyland.

DSC01714-L.jpg

DSC01715-L.jpg

What would be my first attraction of the trip? A Disney classic, of course. Peter Pan!

DSC01728-L.jpg

DSC01716-L.jpg

DSC01718-L.jpg

And just to prove how much I’m NOT Franklin, here are my feeble attempts at ride photos.

DSC01720-L.jpg

DSC01727-L.jpg

Yeah, moving right along…

Since I was in the neighborhood, I decided to stop by the world’s greatest sing along.

DSC01729-L.jpg

DSC01730-L.jpg

I next wandered by Fantasyland’s newest residents to see how long their line was.

DSC01731-L.jpg

DSC01732-L.jpg

Four hours. Yep. That sounds about par for the course. I love me some Frozen, but I can't imagine waiting four hours for anything at Disney. Wait, I take that back. Maybe if Jon Bon Jovi were to personally serenade me during Wishes in front of the castle, I'd wait four hours. But that's pretty much the only thing I'd put in that category.

I stopped for a quick castle selfie. I look pretty darn happy, don't I?

DSC01733-L.jpg

When I took a quick peek in Sir Mickey’s, I was shocked. Oh holy god, there are Elsa dolls available. Someone sound the alarm, fire up the bat signal, do SOMETHING to let people know! So I tweeted the photo. What you can't see are the adults about 10 feet away, scooping up the other shelf of dolls by the armful.

DSC01734-L.jpg

I went down the castle ramp to see if people were lining up for the FoF FP+ location yet. They weren’t.

DSC01735-L.jpg

DSC01736-L.jpg

I had time to kill, so I thought: "Why not grab a super-yummy Disney snack?" Sleepy Hollow it is! And since I didn’t have anyone to share it with, no powdered sugar on the funnel cake, please.

DSC01737-L.jpg

That's where we'll leave off for now, but the new parade is coming up and it really is as spectacular as you have heard! But before we go, do any of you have any arrival traditions? I almost always find a way to get to MK on arrival day because the trip doesn't really feel like it's started until I've seen the castle!

Wow, what a great first morning. We are staying at BWV for the first time in September and your photos make it look all the better. Plus the quick trip to Epcot, seriously cannot wait. We also swear by guest services at Epcot after only good experiences there and less than stellar at MK and AK.

BTW the photo of the frontier airplane just reminded me they are starting direct service from Dulles to orlando. Not sure if you are closer to there or national, but we are and sadly united has been our only option as of late. Just booked frontier tickets for September and it was only 175 round trip.

Hahaha, see your sentiment on taking pictures is exactly like mine. :rotfl2: I'm so guilty of taking pictures and walking. I can't guarantee they're pretty, but hey! You can see where I went.

Yay Boardwalk! We really loved staying there this time. I've been fortunate enough to stay there four times, but it was a first for the P's.

Nice! Our villa was ready too. Boardwalk Villas were on it!

I wouldn't wait four hours for anything in Disney either. I mean, I'm a hardcore Disney fan but man.

Yay...another Missy & Franklin TR! :) I just found your TRs and FB page a couple of months ago, and have really enjoyed reading every last word! (and of course, viewing every last photo)
DH and I have a trip scheduled for November. Staying at the BWI. And for the first time, flying instead of the usual 15 hour or so drive! :) Question, what is the faux-norail? LOL

Following along from Facebook :)

Your pictures aren't bad, give yourself some credit :P I enjoyed all of them. Someday I need to stay over in the Boardwalk, it's soooo beautiful.

I agree with your assessment of the faces being cute and creepy ;)

PP is a great first ride to do in MK, no doubt. And the Castle makes everyone happy. So does funnel cake.

What a wonderful way to start the trip! DVC jackpot indeed! Love it!

And you look so happy and gleeful in every picture! :goodvibes

Can't wait for more!

Joining in! Your TR title drew me in because I am a big Star Wars fan (if my username hadn't given that away already), but I haven't had a chance to go to SWW since 2005.

I think your pictures are pretty darn good! Did you take one of Franklin's DSLRs?

BY the way I waited for Anna and Elsa for 4 hours at Epcot in march! Not my idea.. luckily we took turns waiting so it wasn't too bad. I can't believe I waited that long!!! Never again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter