All You Need is The Force, Trust and Pixie Dust! A May 2014 TR -- Updated 11/20

Missyrose

DIS Veteran
Hi friends, and after all these years and all these trip reports, I do mean FRIENDS! It’s time for another Missyrose and Pixel Dust trip report. But this isn’t just any other trip report. We’ve got big events (24-hour Disney day at Magic Kingdom and Star Wars Weekend) and we’ve also got something we’d never done before, I had a bit of solo time on this trip!

You see, I have more vacation time than Franklin, so when it came time to plan this trip, Franklin encouraged me to enjoy the extra days at Disney early in the week and he’d meet me there for Memorial Day Weekend.

If you’re wondering where the trip report title came from, well, this trip felt like the perfect mix of Star Wars, Disney magic and the thrill of making new memories and catching up with friends.

But before we get the party started, let’s make some introductions for those who may be new around here.

DSC_5908-L.jpg

That’s me on the left. I’m Missy, the 32-year-old Disney-aholic.

To fund my Disney habit, I work as an editor in the sports department of a newspaper in Washington D.C. I love all things sports, pop culture and, of course, The Mouse. My favorite Disney character is Minnie Mouse. My favorite Walt Disney World ride is Big Thunder Mountain. And my favorite Disney snack? Casey’s corndog nuggets.

My partner in crime (and now my loving husband!) is Franklin, a.k.a. Pixel Dust here on the Dis.

He is also 32 and works for an architecture firm to pay the Disney bills. His passions are cars (both the lower-cased cars and the movie “Cars”) and photography.
Guido from “Cars” is his favorite Disney character. And he could ride Expedition Everest all day if given the chance.

We started going to Disney together in February 2009, this trip marks our ninth together. And we’re the proud owners of three Disney Vacation Club contracts, one at Boardwalk Villas, one at Bay Lake Tower and our newest contract at Villas at the Grand Floridian.
Now that you know the who, let’s give you the rest of the trip data:

When: May 19-26

Where: Boardwalk Villas

Why: Star Wars Weekend and so much more!

And like many of my previous trip reports, I’ll make you this promise: You’ll laugh, you’ll cry, but mainly, you’ll wish you were in Orlando RIGHT NOW! :yay:

Greetings fellow washingtonian. Subbing in!

Following along! I'm obsessed with your Facebook page and I loved seeing pics on there :)

I'm in! We just returned from our weekend at Boardwalk Villas & Star Wars ourselves.

YAY!!!

I'm in!

:banana: :banana: :banana:

PS- I hope there are photos. I hope there are photos. I hope there are photos!

;)

Yep, I do wish I were in Orlando right now! It will be so fun to read your report since you and I had so many things scheduled at the same time! How did we not run into each other?!

And like many of my previous trip reports, I’ll make you this promise: You’ll laugh, you’ll cry, but mainly, you’ll wish you were in Orlando RIGHT NOW! :yay:
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER][/QUOTE]

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Yay a new trip report and one which I'm really looking forward to reading seeing as we were at the World at the same time. We've still got eight glorious days of holiday left :cheer2: princess: pirate:

Disappointed our paths never crossed but maybe next time. Can't wait to see all of Franklin's photos.

Yay...a Missy and Franklin trip report..I followed most of it on your FB page but can't wait to read all the details!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Danielle

YAY! So glad to your TR has started! I saw your FB posts, and it looked like a great trip! :wave2:

Franklin -- it was so great to meet you at MCO after our flight from DCA. Sorry if I was a little discombobulated....I was pretty shocked that someone recognized me from the DIS, and I was confused because I'd seen the FB posts and didn't realize Missy was doing some solo time -- so it took me a second to realize it was you! DH got such a kick out of the mini DIS meet, as he had been when I saw you guys at Disney on Ice! :goodvibes

Joining in! Trying to soak up all the magic from trips during the same time as ours to help with the Disney depression.

Can't wait to follow along.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter