All You Need is The Force, Trust and Pixie Dust! A May 2014 TR -- Updated 11/20

Yay, Missy! Another report! I love all your pictures and they're not bad at all! I keep expecting super blurry or whatever - but you took some great shots! So far your solo trip sounds super relaxing and pretty much how I imagine I'd find myself spending some alone days too. :goodvibes

How great was the tea cup ride!? Totally green with envy on that one! And all the meals you've had so far look amazing! And the room! Holy Cow! What a view! That in and of itself would be pixie dust if nothing else was!

Can't wait to read the rest!

How about them Spurs?!

Awww, the impromptu Frozen sing-along sounds so cute! A classic Disney magical moment!!

Your outfit is super cute! And your character interactions are so fun! We still have yet to meet the step-sisters...but DD knows exactly who they are (from Cinderelly!), and so I can see us looking for them in the future! :goodvibes

Oh, and the fastpass holder made me laugh!!

Love that you're having a great solo adventure before hubby arrives! Your character interactions are so much fun - love Lady Tremaine and the step sisters.

Great way to end your evening - sitting in the rocking chairs enjoying the Boardwalk hustle and bustle is my kind of relaxation :thumbsup2 (of course BWV is my fav resort - hope to go back someday!)

Man you seriously are having your own version of characterpalooza. What a fabulous day.

The interactions at 1900 look awesome. How much fun. I'm not a buffet fan but even the food looked ok. Gonna have to try that some day.

It was totally a chracterpalooza kind of day and I loved every last minute of it. I will totally recommend 1900 Park Fare. I was a little leery because of the whole Disney-buffet thing, but the food was a very pleasant surprise!

I'm so laughing about the sugar packets!! Too funny!

What great interactions at 1900pf.

The sugar packets was such a fun detail that I had never seen a character do before! It was hilarious!

Love all the character greets! I haven’t been to see talking Mickey since Oct! Definitely need to go again to see the improvements! Love him so much!

THOSE TOMS ARE FREAKING AMAZINGLY DONE!! Did you do them yourself?!?

You totally need to go visit Mickey, the changes blew me away! And no, I am nowhere near talented enough to paint those Toms myself. A woman named Alice Thomas, who I met in one of my Disney FB groups, did them for me. The fun detail on them is on one shoe it says "Once Upon a Time" and has our engagement date. Then on the other shoe it says "Happily Ever After" and has our wedding date. I love them so much!

….you should’ve heard the noise I made when I saw the picture of Lady Tremaine…

SHE IS PERFECTION!! She’s the friend that Steven & I will go see multiple times a day, she’s the one that we walk off & on set and she will easily spend half her break with us and not care…I am SO JEALOUS you got to see her that week, we HUNTED for her (1900 and like, 3 days at mk) and only saw her in the villains pre parade…

Also love that prince charming, he spent a good chunk of time with us last time we were there too! UGH! LADY T AND HER ABSOLUTE PERFECTION!!!! God I miss her….love that you had such a blast at 1900, and isn’t the food truly amazing?! Especially for a buffet! I absolutely love it there and am super glad you added it into the rotation!

I FREAKED OUT when I saw my Lady Tremaine in the Villains preshow for MSEP later that week!

As many others have said, you have had some great character meets! :)

I had to do a double take to figure out what was different about Mickey! ha ha Is it only the talking Mickey's that have the closed mouth now? Or have some been like that all along, and I just didn't notice before?

Looking forward to the next chapter! DH and I are going mid November, and we have not been since November 2011. Reading all your trip reports has really helped me plan our trip this time. :) Now I'm thinking maybe I should have book 1900 Park Fare! ha ha

The talking Mickey closes his mouth when he smiles for pictures now, which looks a little weird when you're used to seeing him smile with his mouth open.

What do you have planned for November so far?!??

Your Cinderella TOMS are fantabulous!!! Where did you get them?????

A woman I met on Facebook did them, she is super talented and does all kinds of custom work!

Another great update.

I can't wait to meet talking Mickey. That is the only disappointing thing about my first trip in January is that I didn't meet Mickey at WDW. That will not happen again.

Your Toms!!! Omg those are amazing. I seriously only wear Toms (other than my work shoes) I don't understand how these shoes are so comfortable it really doesn't make any sense. But whoever decorated yours did an amazing job!

Wow the more reports and reviews I read about 1900 the more interested I become. The character interaction just looks like so much fun.

Thanks! I live in Toms too, they are sooooo comfy!

OMG the sugar packets! :rotfl2: I love your interactions with the Tremaines and with the mixed reviews 1900 Park Fare has been getting lately your dinner looked perfectly delicious.

I had seen some of the not-great reviews before I left, so it planted the seed of doubt. But I like to try the restaurants myself and I'm glad I did, because I really enjoyed 1900 Park Fare!

Wow, Gaston must have been really into you to only stop to ask you to marry him twice!

And good move checking to see if they had room at the Plaza for you - I agree that losing the seating in the Main St. Bakery was a definite bummer - think they could have figured out how to keep some ... most Starbucks have some seating

That meal at 1900 Park Fare sounds so fun! I am dying over the sugar packets :rotfl: Also that she stormed through the restaurant muttering about Cinderella and the characters interacted with each other, etc. ... it's almost like a mini-dinner show rather than just a character meal

It's hard to slip marriage proposals in when you're listing all the things you love most about yourself. :lmao:

1900 Park Fare was totally like Disney dinner theater, and the show was FABULOUS!

We met the same Gaston. He was just fantastic. We had an awesome interaction with him. We love 1900 Park Fare too and the interaction with the Prince and Cinderella and the Tremains. Your outfits are just fantastic. Love, love, love them :thumbsup2

Thanks! I hope I run into this Gaston again at Villains Unleashed next month. ;)

The Tremaine's look like such a hoot! I would love to go there but not sure I could talk my boys into a princess meal!
I NEED the retractable badge holder! I work in a hosptial and have to wear a badge and a key all the time and it's so much fun to have Mickey on it! I searched when I was there in April and couldn't find one! My current one is a Mickey head and it's on it's last leg!

Here's the secret about princess meals, little boys get SO MUCH ATTENTION! Message me if you want me to send you the retractable badge holder when I'm at GF next month!

I'm so glad you posted the 1900 Park Fare pictures - I just got a reservation today for our trip!! I'm even more excited than I was now!

I want to meet Gaston this trip too. I could have in the past on my solo trips; I don't know why I haven't.

You will love :love: dinner with the Tremaines! Definitely set aside some time for Gaston, he's quite a guy.

You got to meet Gaston!! He's on my must-meet list :) What did he say when you told him you were already married? lol

I can't imagine how must fun it is to actually get to TALK to Mickey!!

Are those the TOMS you had made for your wedding? They're perfect for that meal! If Lady Tremaine thinks you're well-accessorized, that's high praise indeed I guess! The sugar packets part was hysterical. And the food actually looks really good! See this is the problem with reading TRs...I get my ADRs all perfect and then I find somewhere else I just HAVE to eat LOL. Looking forward to the Epcot fun!

The first time he asked to marry me, I told him I was married. He told me I couldn't be that attached to my husband if I was hanging out with him instead of Franklin. Hahaha.

They were totally the Toms I had made for my wedding! I'm terrible at keeping an ADR list the same. That's the problem with DVC: You have to book a resort and pretty much keep it there. So the thing you can change on your trip are the meals, and change them I do!

Okay first and foremost...I promise you, the next time our trips overlap, you are welcome to take a spin on the teacups with Popadon. I warn you though....this is what you're going to get.

I'm totally down for that ride!

That Gaston is beyond perfect. He was the one I met too, and I just loved him and his sassiness.

I need to make sure to get to see Mickey in November, because we didn't make it in May. My friend Julia is all about meeting the characters, so I'm going to make it character heavy.

Mickey will be the perfect addition to your November trip. ::yes::

Those Toms are just perfect.

Hahahaha, Lady Tremaine was awesome! I totally want to be her. That's my future job. Lady Tremaine.

There is Epcot fun ahead! :goodvibes

Thanks! That is the perfect career goal. I found one for myself this week: Dapper Dans coordinator!

You would clearly know there is LOTS of Epcot fun ahead.;)

. I love how you go all out with your outfits! Those TOMS are awesome!

Thanks! I have a weakness for Disney shirts and accessories. The Disney section of my closet has started to take over the whole closet.

We had dinner at 1900 Park Fare when we were there with our grandchildren. Cinderella was so sweet to our little DGD, who was three at the time. But we didn't get much of an interaction with the Tremayne's. I think that they held off being funny because our granddaughter was giving all three of them big hugs. :rotfl:

We had good food, too. I especially remember how delicious the chicken Marsala was. I think I went back for seconds. They really need to have that dinner in a prettier dining room. That cafe is all wrong for Cinderella and the Prince.

That was my only quibble with 1900 PF, the room is a bit dreary. I would love to see it spruced up a bit!

Loving your trip so far! You had so many character interactions (like how many people can say that they have ridden the teacups with Alice and the Rabbit???). We were there the same time that you were there! :)

Can't wait for more! (and I'm still curious about how you and Winnie the Pooh had a conversation)

The Pooh conversation had LOTS of hand signals.

Seriously where can I order a day just like that for myself?

CP is my new favorite breakfast spot after our first trip in May. We aren't doing it next month but your post REALLY has me reconsidering that! Piglet was the best.

We're not doing CP next month, but we'll definitely be going on the December trip! It's so hard to choose among the many fantastic and fun meals at Disney.

So the Alice and White Rabbit tea cup ride is really beyond perfect. What a magical experience!

Your bow changes throughout the day are awesome! I need to work on increasing my bow collection.

I love having the different bows to put in. Don't forget to put your order in early, they take a bit of time to get!

Those TOMS are so great. Were you scared to wear them though? I wouldn't want anything to happen to them!

We LOVED 1900 Park Fare in May too! What a fun time with really good food.

Yay for such a magical day!

I'm not scared to wear them, the artist has tested the types of paint she uses and it doesn't wear out or crack at all! It's even waterproof!

Yay, Missy! Another report! I love all your pictures and they're not bad at all! I keep expecting super blurry or whatever - but you took some great shots! So far your solo trip sounds super relaxing and pretty much how I imagine I'd find myself spending some alone days too. :goodvibes

How great was the tea cup ride!? Totally green with envy on that one! And all the meals you've had so far look amazing! And the room! Holy Cow! What a view! That in and of itself would be pixie dust if nothing else was!

Can't wait to read the rest!

How about them Spurs?!

Oh, you didn't see all the photos I didn't use in the TR, those were definitely blurry and out of focus.

Super relaxing is the way we plan Disney trips. We try to not be rushing from place to place anymore. That's too exhausting!

You don't even understand how much I love the Spurs. It was so much fun to watch them beat LeBron in the Finals for a second time (though that sweep in 2007 was pretty much perfection).

Awww, the impromptu Frozen sing-along sounds so cute! A classic Disney magical moment!!

Your outfit is super cute! And your character interactions are so fun! We still have yet to meet the step-sisters...but DD knows exactly who they are (from Cinderelly!), and so I can see us looking for them in the future! :goodvibes

Oh, and the fastpass holder made me laugh!!

Thanks! I hope you guys get to meet the Tremaines, they're such a hoot!

Your character interactions continue to be superb. I'm surprised Gaston let you go ;)

Thanks, and Gaston definitely gave it his all.

Love that you're having a great solo adventure before hubby arrives! Your character interactions are so much fun - love Lady Tremaine and the step sisters.

Great way to end your evening - sitting in the rocking chairs enjoying the Boardwalk hustle and bustle is my kind of relaxation :thumbsup2 (of course BWV is my fav resort - hope to go back someday!)

Thanks! I really enjoyed the solo time. I love those rockers at Boardwalk so very much. It's so peaceful on that porch and I love just taking in the atmosphere of that resort.

Welcome back friends! We last left off with a fabulous dinner at 1900 Park Fare and then a leisurely evening of hanging out at Boardwalk. I was up bright an early the next morning, taking a gorgeous stroll from Boardwalk to Epcot.

DSC02119-L.jpg

DSC02120-L.jpg

DSC02121-L.jpg

DSC02122-L.jpg

DSC02123-L.jpg

Where was I going on this beautiful morning? I had a date with the princesses at Akershus.

DSC02124-L.jpg

I was greeted by Belle upon my arrival.

i-jSGvzg8-L.jpg

I went to the cold buffet and couldn’t pick between my favorite breakfast carbs, so I decided to try a little of each.

DSC02127-L.jpg

My waitress quickly brought my breakfast platter too.

DSC02128-L.jpg

I had barely taken a bite of scrambled eggs when Aurora stopped by.

DSC02132-L.jpg

Cinderella was next. Of all the new princess dresses, I think I like Cindy’s the best.

DSC02135-L.jpg

The princess parade was adorable and gave me a chance to eat my breakfast before it was completely cold.

Ariel dropped off her parade partner and marched right over to my table.

DSC02136-L.jpg

Snow White was the final princess to make the rounds and she was super cute! I asked her if the dwarfs had let her ride the Mine Train yet. She said Dopey had snuck her on the other night and she said the ride was really worth the wait.

DSC02137-L.jpg

Breakfast was over fairly quickly, I realized I would be done just before rope drop. I whipped out my phone and changed my Character Spot FP+ reservation to one for Soarin’. I paid the bill and headed for Future World.

I chose to keep the character fun going with a quick spin through the Character Spot. Mickey was up first.

DSC02138-L.jpg

Goofy was next…

i-2jD8bNg-L.jpg

… and we had a bit of fun.

DSC02140-L.jpg

My gal Minnie rounded out the group.

i-wv76HnT-L.jpg

DSC02141-L.jpg

I exited and turned toward The Land to go use my FP+ reservation. I noticed the line to meet Dale wasn’t too long, so I hopped in. As the family in front of me, the character attendant said that Dale needed to go grab a few acorns for a snack, but he’d be back out soon. It wasn’t a problem, I had nowhere I needed to be. Dale waved goodbye and was led off. No more than three minutes later, Dale came back with Chip in tow too! Score!

i-D74QNGL-L.jpg

i-hmp8Q5M-L.jpg

DSC02143-L.jpg

I hustled into The Land so I could use my Soarin’ FP+ reservation before it expired. I scanned my Magic Band… and got a blue Mickey. The CM said that my FP+ reservation for that time period was for Character Spot. I said “it was, but I changed it this morning.” He sent me over to the desk to talk to the manager. She asked how I changed the FP+ reservation, I told her it was on my phone. She asked if she could see the app on my phone. I pulled it out and showed her that it clearly said Soarin’ in my FP+ run-down for the day. She handed me a paper FP and sent me back to the FP line.

DSC02145-L.jpg

Soarin’ to tower, we’re ready for takeoff.

DSC02144-L.jpg

DSC02146-L.jpg

DSC02151-L.jpg

DSC02153-L.jpg

I got a text from Danielle and her mom as I exited the Land. They were on their way to Epcot, I told them I’d meet them at the International Gateway!

DSC02154-L.jpg

None of us had ever done a character hunt in the World Showcase, so it was time to find some princesses! Our journey started in France.

DSC02157-L.jpg

i-23zmhDt-L.jpg

Next, we me Alice in England.

DSC02162-L.jpg

When Danielle asked to do a selfie with Alice, Alice said “We if we both take the photo together, then shouldn’t it be a we-sie?”

This cracked all of us up! And it was so very true!

DSC02164-L.jpg

We-sies all around.

DSC02165-L.jpg

Mulan was one character I’d never met, so she was at the top of my to-do list. We made our next stop China, but were told her line was already closed and to come back in an hour. We headed off to see if we could squeeze in to see Aladdin and Jasmine before their session ended. Their M&G area is so cute!

i-9CRzjj9-L.jpg

And a selfie with my favorite Agrabah royalty!

DSC02169-L.jpg

It was about 20 minutes before Mulan would come back out, so it was back to China we went to wait for her. She was adorable!

DSC02170-L.jpg

i-Bp7LxVX-L.jpg

DSC02172-L.jpg

It was sooooo time for lunch and luckily, we were standing near one of the yummiest counter service restaurants around: Lotus Blossom Cafe!

This almost makes up for no Food and Wine Festival potstickers, almost.

DSC02173-L.jpg

DSC02174-L.jpg

Since it was getting pretty warm out, yet again, it felt like a good time for a pool break. Danielle and Jackie had a bit of shopping to do in the World Showcase, so we made plans to meet up back at the Boardwalk pool. I walked back to the resort and promptly did a faceplant onto the bed. And I passed out for the next four hours or so. That Florida sun really beats you up!

That’s where we’ll leave off for now, but stay tuned for dinner at one of my favorite Epcot restaurants coming up next. But first, what is your favorite World Showcase character M&G?

Nice to see a meetup with Danielle and her mom!

You got great photos with Belle! I like the one that is a picture of you taking a selfie. :rotfl: What a great Mulan too! A character-full morning! I never really cared about the characters but this trip that may change a little.

Is that sweet and sour chicken? What meal is that in your last picture?

Nice to see a meetup with Danielle and her mom!

You got great photos with Belle! I like the one that is a picture of you taking a selfie. :rotfl: What a great Mulan too! A character-full morning! I never really cared about the characters but this trip that may change a little.

Is that sweet and sour chicken? What meal is that in your last picture?

Oops! I was so enraptured with my potstickers, I forgot to label the entree: It's orange chicken!

Okay, we definitely need to do more touring of Dinsey together! Characters galllooorreee and I LOVE IT!!

AURORA!

AURORA!!

AUROOOORRRAAA!!! I LOVE HER TO BITS ;) Special friend there

Nice way of Snow letting you know about the ride, cute!

Love all the character spot pictures, especially that you & Minnie are holding hands, adorable!

Glad you got to meet up with Danielle & co again, and what a great way to spend a morning!

My husband wants to try the orange chicken and pot stickers when we go to Epcot in Sept. ;)

It isn't the WS but I did talk my husband into going to the Disney Visa meet and greet. It was cold, rainy and after 6pm that night. We were the only ones there and when we walked into the room, you could tell that Mickey and Goofy were just hanging around, waiting for someone to show up. We had a great visit and my husband was surprised to find out how much fun it was to meet the characters. Our free photo turned out good, too. :thumbsup2

I love the shirt you wore that day. What a pretty princess picture!

I love Alice's we - sie! That is cute. :lovestruc

Great character hunt! I think that Snow White at breakfast was the same one that gave my youngest son a huge kiss on his forehead during our breakfast there in 2013 - we couldn't get it off until his bath that night!

I had really wanted to meet Mulan, but she was "Off Saving China" on our Epcot day.

But my favorite character by far to meet is Belle!

I love your Belle shirt! Is it from the Parks? Also I didn't notice that the Princess dresses had changed, but I agree, Cinderella's is the best.

And Alice is adorbs! <3

Great character hunt! I think that Snow White at breakfast was the same one that gave my youngest son a huge kiss on his forehead during out breakfast there in 2013 - we couldn't get it off until his bath that night!

:rotfl2: That is some intense lipstick then!!

:rotfl2: That is some intense lipstick then!!

It was! We got most of it off shortly after breakfast, but there was a still a print there all day. I posted the pictures on my TR a little bit ago (and I desperately need to update it again!).

Awwww love all your character M&G pics! And I'm such a nerd - when I saw Danielle and her Mom I got all giddy like "Hey I know them!!!" I totally do NOT, but I am also reading Danielle's trip report so I think I do ;)

Fun breakfast and great idea to keep the character meet theme going.

Funny that their solution to a FP+ issue is to give you a FP-

Love "Wee-sies" - makes me think of The Jeffersons though

My favorite WS character M&G is Snow White as it is tradition for us to go to that on and my daughter gets a lipstick kiss on her cheek

Another great morning.

Oh Boy - Did you let Franklin know you were frolicking with the Chip-N-Dales ??

Love your M&G pics especially the selfies! Mulan is on our list as she is the only princess DD has not met yet. We got in line for her once but she was just going on break so we missed out. Maybe we will be able to catch up with her in a few weeks :)

I LOVE your Belle shirt! I always see it at the Disney Store and have to talk myself out of getting it because I already have too many Belle shirts :rotfl:

That was so cute to ask Snow about the Mine Train!

The Aladdin and Jasmine M&G in Morocco is my favorite. It's so well-themed and it's great that it's out of the heat (outdoor meets can get brutal in the summer!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter