Airmiles Armchair Chatter

So I've officially lost my mind. I booked a trip to Mexico last night for October. I added all the upgrades and used AM to offset the additional costs. LOL....used DD's account that I was planning to get the balance up high enough this year for 2 WDW tickets. Her account is now down to 574 miles. I'm excited and scared all at the same time. I totally caved to peer pressure after some conversations at work. Basically everyone said go, you need a break, live your life. DD who will be coming with me was jumping on the bed last night....she gets to shop for cute vacation clothes :rolleyes: She has also never flown business class.
That is awesome!!!!! Enjoy!!! Lord knows many of us need a vacation get away right now. It has been a very long, exhausting, and stressful 18 months. Enjoy your trip!!! I"m sooo excited for you.

I can't get DH to commit to a vacation spot yet. But I have my picks for a few different destinations. That way I'm prepared...and can act quickly.

I know it's Max A Miles but I am truly having a hard time finding anything that is not over priced for the amount of Airmiles offered.
It might be sandwich/pop/chips for me this week .1628697495724.png
I'll keep looking though.

Hugs
Mel

Last edited:
We have enjoyed our mini TO break so much that I want to book something else now. I will be checking what we can do when I get home. I would ideally do Disney but not sure right now, we do have it booked for December but I think I will cancel and book something else. Can't cruise because of all the weird vaccination rules. I was going to wait for kiddo to be 12 and get his vaccines but I am not sure I want to wait now. Thus has been really nice even if Wonderland wasn't the best (it isnt Disney, and I am old lol)
Come to Mexico.

We very badly wanted to be going to WDW but with what is happening in FL there is not a chance in he77 that I would go there now. I'm heartbroken at the thought of it being another year until I get there but I'm pretty sure that's what will happen. I have been there every year (1-3/year) since 2004....out last trip was Dec 2019. LOL...isn't it funny how 2020 /2021 is all the same year now?

Last edited:
Oh my goodness sooo many things I'm excited to see in the flyers with miles!!!!!!!!

Foodland:

• Rice cakes 1.99 buy 9 get 95 miles I'll be getting 18! Price might be a tad high but we're right out
  • Crave TV dinners 4.49 buy 3 get 30 miles I'll actually be getting the breakfast ones for our daughter, don't care about price - I'll be posting soon about why, our lives are a mess!
  • Renees dressing for hubby 4.99 buy 2 get 20 miles - I'll need to check the date

Sobeys:
  • Ice cream 4.99 buy 2 get 20
  • Brita filters box of 6 30.99 get 20 miles (rarely go on sale so any miles is a bonus!)

I'll more than likely grab some of the chocolate bars from metro for hubby 3/$6 buy 3 get 25 miles

Now to figure out which actual Foodland & Sobey's to hit up!

For the first time in a long time I have printed up a grocery list in Excel. It might be a day that begins to look like Blue Friday haul of years gone by. It's not quite there but in the AM drought days we have now it's better than nothing. I hope the store I shop at actually has stock on the shelves for a change.

All that driving to and from TO will let me fill up a second time at Shell this month and get 75 AM for two fill ups. I got gas at the OnRoute's on the way there and back so will need to wait a bit, and sadly they were not Shell.

Not sure I'll be getting much groceries this week, most of what I bought last week went into the freezer and cupboards so we are set for the week. Except for some fruit. Won't be heading to Sobeys though :( nothing I really want/need.

The long search for a few Airmiles for me....

Ok I talked myself in and then out of the ice cream ,,,, well because even though I say it will be for my sons I'll end up eating it and it;s a no go for my stomach right now. I reserve the right to change my mind though.

I will pick up some pancake syrup and maybe some rice cakes.
Maybe I will get some half decent *My Offers* tomorrow morning.

Hugs
Mel

I did get to Safeway on my way home to get the granola bars, Mio and one 100.00 GC to The Keg. 136.00 and 246 AM. I think that's a win. I have pulled aside 5 boxes of the granola bars to donate. We really don't need that many granola bars in the house.

I will have to take a look at the new flyer and see if there is anything for us.

I'm sure i could use Google, the Airmiles site or even Shell but I'm really hoping someone will take the time to give me a quick answer. If i get gas at Shell (i know, GASP, we always go to PetroCan but I've been driving a lot and might as well get the miles) am I able to scan my Samsung Pay app at the pump or do I need to go inside? I really prefer to pay at the pump but also want the extra miles that using my phone will give me. NO I do not want to download their app to pay because that's not how I roll, I'd rather use my physical credit card.

Sorry J I don't have Samsung Pay so I can't comment .

My shop this morning ........ Good Airmiles Haul
spend $140.02
Airmiles 596
plus spend $85 get 20 Airmiles *My Offers* which didn't show on the receipt so I called and they are adding them manually.
We have lots of pancake mix and syrup with great expiration dates.
I'll drop some off at my son's homes later today.
We make these with the mix ..............
1628784163435.png
They can be bagged and frozen ,,, then just pop them into the toaster.

Happy safe shopping everyone!~
Hugs
Mel

I finally looked at this weeks flyer. I could find a couple of items that I " could " spend money on...but in all reality...I would just be purchasing to get the AM. I might venture in and see which ice cream treats would get the bonus miles. I just don't want to buy 5 or 10 of something, when in reality we really don't eat that much (or need to). I would have bought the Johnsonville meat/sausage, but at this point in summer, I don't need to buy 5 to get the AM. We rarely eat those items.

Dh gave me the hairy eyeball when I walked into the house the the granola bars and Mio :rotfl: I dropped off 5 of the granola boxes already, as there are renovations happening and they moved their donation box. I really need to stay within our monthly budget.

am I able to scan my Samsung Pay app at the pump or do I need to go inside? I really prefer to pay at the pump but also want the extra miles that using my phone will give me. NO I do not want to download their app to pay because that's not how I roll, I'd rather use my physical credit card.
Dh uses the app for pay at the pump. So I can't help you either. I fill up my car at Stupidstore/ NO frill to catch some of the personal offers with optimum. Trying to get the best of both point worlds ;)

I shopped at Sobeys this morning and only purchased items I will use in the next 30 days or so. It was hard not taking advantage of some good deals but like others I'm really trying to only pick up things we need. Came out with 426AM. Not bad, not as good as the old days but...

I also stopped in at Metro to pick up a few things. DH had a coupon loaded for Dempsters bread get 3AM. The other coupon loaded worked but that one didn't. It was a new flavour of bread and maybe that was the issue. Metro doesn't have a number you can call so I sent a long email to their contact us. It's only 3AM but this isn't the first time this has happened and it's about time they started doing something about it. It won't matter if they ignore the email but maybe they will post the AM.

Sobeys promised to post 10AM for a pie I picked up 2 weeks ago and I'm still waiting to see those. If I were collecting tonnes of AM I would let these little ones slip by but they have us in such a drought we have to get them wherever we can.

Rant over.

I'm sure i could use Google, the Airmiles site or even Shell but I'm really hoping someone will take the time to give me a quick answer. If i get gas at Shell (i know, GASP, we always go to PetroCan but I've been driving a lot and might as well get the miles) am I able to scan my Samsung Pay app at the pump or do I need to go inside? I really prefer to pay at the pump but also want the extra miles that using my phone will give me. NO I do not want to download their app to pay because that's not how I roll, I'd rather use my physical credit card.
I haven't found a way to scan at the pump...

I went to Foodland tonight. I wasn't aware that they had changed their hours, so it was a good thing that 1) I had a list and 2) I know the store. No sooner had I picked up my 2 salads that I heard "Letting you know that the store closes in 10 minutes" over the PA. :scared:
I got almost everything on my list, leaving a couple of things that I decided wasn't worth the effort, and noting that they didn't have any pancake mix. Booooo! Only 1 item that didn't have AM attached....some pita chips for the girl who lives in the basement. Good thing I love her. LOL
Spent $135 and got 401 AM for the win.

So I’m going to go check out foodland and see if I can grab a few things .. I’m teetering towards 20k I think I need 40 more am.
I worked a 16 yesterday and eves today and tomorrow. Then at 8 Monday am .. I’m counting down until Tuesday .
I think I’ve decided to keep the boys home . And it’s scary . Near the end of last year little C lost interest and I’m hoping summer break and all it will be a new start.. sigh Big C thrived at home, and lost our before school care spot. So I couldn’t work until 9 every day .. makes it really hard . DS 19 is home big he can’t even drive them bc of course 3days a week he too starts at 8 am.
Boys dad is up for a visit . Although I giggled I feel kinda bad he’s not allowed in the arena to watch little C Monday bc their screening question is have you been outside of a Canada ? If yes you are not allowed in .. even tho he can travel freely being vaxxed and with a pcr .. places may need to rethink some of their screenings ..
Hope all is well, just wanted to check in and say hello .. while I sit here at work

I've been looking for decent shoes since before we left for Disney in January 2020 and just hadn't had any luck until Friday when I braved the mall. Ok so the 2 stores I needed to go to are rarely busy - pick up an order at Northern Reflections (about 90% of my wardrobe comes from there with the rest being Disney stuff 🤪) and then Atmosphere attached to the Sportchek for shoes. OMG I finally found the perfect pair that suddenly became worthy of huge celebrating!!!! I will often try things on in the store and then check if I can order them cheaper online and even maybe earn some miles. MASSIVE SCORE!!! Merrell is a store in the portal, it's currently got 10x multiplier AND the sitewide 7x to boot.

Signed up for their newsletter to get 15% off my first order, spent $130 and snagged 96 miles. That's a great return for online shopping in my mind.

I've been looking for decent shoes since before we left for Disney in January 2020 and just hadn't had any luck until Friday when I braved the mall. Ok so the 2 stores I needed to go to are rarely busy - pick up an order at Northern Reflections (about 90% of my wardrobe comes from there with the rest being Disney stuff 🤪) and then Atmosphere attached to the Sportchek for shoes. OMG I finally found the perfect pair that suddenly became worthy of huge celebrating!!!! I will often try things on in the store and then check if I can order them cheaper online and even maybe earn some miles. MASSIVE SCORE!!! Merrell is a store in the portal, it's currently got 10x multiplier AND the sitewide 7x to boot.

Signed up for their newsletter to get 15% off my first order, spent $130 and snagged 96 miles. That's a great return for online shopping in my mind.
You just corrupted me and I actually bought 2 pairs of shoes. I can't find my Columbia shoes anymore so I bought 2 different pairs of waterproof Merrell shoes. I feel ripped off (LOL) as I only got a promo code of 10% off but they came out cheaper than if I had bought some at Sportchek. I spent more than $130 so I will see what my airmiles comes out to be.
I too buy a lot of clothes at Northern Reflections but haven't shopped there since before Christmas. I looked online this year to buy some new tops but the ones I liked were only in petite size and I am not petite. I actually bought 5 tops last year and I feel that 3 of them were petite length and 2 were just perfect. I gave 1 of them to my sister since she has a normal body length and I have a long body. Last year for Christmas my nephew gave me a bunch of character tshirts (not Disney) so I am happy wearing them since and I have last years fancy tops if I got out anywhere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter