How do you buy an AP with Airmiles?

Hi Kiley

As Kristabelle said
there are three levels to airmiles
Blue card
Gold card
Black card (Onyx)
Have a look here
This explains what level you are and what the benefits are.
BlueGoldOnyx®

How to qualify

Get up to 999 Miles in a calendar year

Get 1,000 to 5,999 Miles in a calendar year

Get 6,000 Miles or more in a calendar year

https://www.airmiles.ca/en/profile/status-benefits.html
When you have a black card Onyx.... you can call and speak to a personal shopper and request
Dream miles rewards which are not found in the catalogue. You will be asking for a Quote ,,, however once you have the quote usually you will only have x number of days to decide as the quote usually expires in a week or two.
I know many people here who have requested quotes for After Hours Party tickets & Annual Passes. (AP).

The rewards for Onyx have been lacking since Covid however we are hopeful they will return.

Hugs
Mel

Last edited:
For new people wondering what Bonus Booms are
They seem to have replaced regular..... fun....... half decent...... promos previously offered by Airmiles.
We all miss the regular promos!!!!!!!!
They seem to be more about getting people to sign up for BMO credit cards and also getting people to do a thresh hold spend on the credit card (BMO).
****After all remember they are asking for 3 purchases and only giving 95 Airmiles which is worth like $10.00 cash airmiles.***

Here is a direct link to previous Bonus Boom promos

https://www.disboards.com/threads/airmiles-bonus-boom-bust-june-17th-30th-2021.3840899/
A few days before the Bonus Boom starts usually ** Donald My Hero ** (Jacqueline) will start a new Bonus Boom Thread) OR continue a previous one).

Next One is schedule for August 26 to Sept 8th,,,in my opinion kind of late in the shopping season for back to school gear.
Oh well I guess it's better than nothing.

Also
I only mention this because sometimes I read articles here
https://creditcardgenius.ca/blog/air-miles-onyx
Hugs
Mel

Last edited:
For new people wondering what Bonus Booms are
They seem to have replaced regular..... fun....... half decent...... promos previously offered by Airmiles.
We all miss the regular promos!!!!!!!!
They seem to be more about getting people to sign up for BMO credit cards and also getting people to do a thresh hold spend on the credit card (BMO).
****After all remember they are asking for 3 purchases and only giving 95 Airmiles which is worth like $10.00 cash airmiles.***

Here is a direct link to previous Bonus Boom promos

https://www.disboards.com/threads/airmiles-bonus-boom-bust-june-17th-30th-2021.3840899/
A few days before the Bonus Boom starts usually ** Donald My Hero ** (Jacqueline) will start a new Bonus Boom Thread) OR continue a previous one).

Next One is schedule for August 26 to Sept 8th,,,in my opinion kind of late in the shopping season for back to school gear.
Oh well I guess it's better than nothing.

Also
I only mention this because sometimes I read articles here
https://creditcardgenius.ca/blog/air-miles-onyx
Hugs
Mel
Thanks, Mel. I am Onyx and have asked for regular park passes in the past (when they were sold out through the regular means). I never even thought of doing an AP that way. Good idea. Probably have enough points for it, too.

Safeway shop today was $402 for 427 AM. That included 2x $100 Keg gift cards for 100AM each, Quaker granola bars for 95 AM and 2 x the Mio offer of buy 4 get 40 AM.
Well done Cari!
I was able to eke out a little over 200 airmiles for the granola bars & hot cereal but that's about it.
I am really hoping for some Prime Chicken this week.

Hugs
Mel

Someone posted on another forum that the long awaited 25AM for using 95AM (Sobeys, Foodland) Cash from the Bonus Boom June promotion have finally posted. Unfortunately, I can't log into my account (website issues) to see the transaction but my account total has gone up by 50AM so it's likely there. (edit to add, I got in and they are indeed there)

Check your accounts if you are waiting for these AM.

Last edited:
Someone posted on another forum that the long awaited 25AM for using 95AM (Sobeys, Foodland) Cash from the Bonus Boom June promotion have finally posted. Unfortunately, I can't log into my account (website issues) to see the transaction but my account total has gone up by 50AM so it's likely there. (edit to add, I got in and they are indeed there)

Check your accounts if you are waiting for these AM.
Thanks. I got mine.

I have to share with you guys that I was one of the winners of the Sobeys TEAM CANADA VIEWING KIT PRIZE WINNER
Your TEAM CANADA VIEWING KIT PRIZE WINNER includes:
  • (1) $50 Sobeys Gift Card
  • (1) Sobeys Branded Apron
  • (1) box each of Mondelez Oreos and Cheese Nips (I got Ritz crackers instead)
  • (1) box of General Mills Honey Nut Cheerios
  • (2) mini bottles of Coca-Cola
  • (2) cans of AHA Sparkling Water
  • (1) bottle of P&G Dawn dish soap
I just received the box today when I got home from the cottage and I had only replied to Sobeys last Thursday. To bad I didn't receive it during the Olympics because you are supposed to share you watching the Olympics and I guess eating and drinking your winning items. Oh well the Paralympic Games are coming up so I will save until then.
sobeys viewing kit.jpg

Last edited:
I have to share with you guys that I was one of the winners of the Sobeys TEAM CANADA VIEWING KIT PRIZE WINNER
I just received the box today when I got home from the cottage and I had only replied to Sobeys last Thursday. To bad I didn't receive it during the Olympics because you are supposed to share you watching the Olympics and I guess eating and drinking your winning items. Oh well the Para Olympics are coming up so I will save until then.
View attachment 596274

Well that is just awesome Hon!
Congratulations!!!
Maybe you could have the Bears join you & the family to watch the Paralympic Games !!
Enjoy!
Hugs
Mel

I just received the box today when I got home from the cottage and I had only replied to Sobeys last Thursday. To bad I didn't receive it during the Olympics because you are supposed to share you watching the Olympics and I guess eating and drinking your winning items. Oh well the Paralympic Games are coming up so I will save until then.
Congrats!

AngelDisney

OH MY GOSH!!!!!

AngelDisney!!!!!!!
You just brightened my evening like nighttime fireworks exploding!

A package AngelDisney sent me last year went MIA and she kindly sent me another one.
I love it.
I can use it on my sensory cart at work with markers/pens/pencils OR better yet I think I will keep my special hand sanitizer and hand wipes
in it.
Here is a picture of it.
A9OHBiG.jpg

Your kindness is deeply appreciated!
Hugs
Mel

AngelDisney

OH MY GOSH!!!!!

AngelDisney!!!!!!!
You just brightened my evening like nighttime fireworks exploding!
View attachment 596283

A package AngelDisney sent me last year went MIA and she kindly sent me another one.
I love it.
I can use it on my sensory cart at work with markers/pens/pencils OR better yet I think I will keep my special hand sanitizer and hand wipes
in it.
Here is a picture of it.
A9OHBiG.jpg

Your kindness is deeply appreciated!
Hugs
Mel

I have been wondering about its safe arrival. Glad that you like it!

So I've officially lost my mind. I booked a trip to Mexico last night for October. I added all the upgrades and used AM to offset the additional costs. LOL....used DD's account that I was planning to get the balance up high enough this year for 2 WDW tickets. Her account is now down to 574 miles. I'm excited and scared all at the same time. I totally caved to peer pressure after some conversations at work. Basically everyone said go, you need a break, live your life. DD who will be coming with me was jumping on the bed last night....she gets to shop for cute vacation clothes :rolleyes: She has also never flown business class.

I was super shocked after I booked DH said he was glad I booked it and that I need it. AND....he's going to take the week off and stay home with the dog.

We have enjoyed our mini TO break so much that I want to book something else now. I will be checking what we can do when I get home. I would ideally do Disney but not sure right now, we do have it booked for December but I think I will cancel and book something else. Can't cruise because of all the weird vaccination rules. I was going to wait for kiddo to be 12 and get his vaccines but I am not sure I want to wait now. Thus has been really nice even if Wonderland wasn't the best (it isnt Disney, and I am old lol)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter