Airmiles Armchair Chatter

What does that mean?

Hi Kiley
Welcome

So go to the Airmiles web site and look at the menu bar.......
https://www.airmiles.ca/en.html
Look for Travel

Look under US Parks
Click on it
TRAVEL PRODUCTS

Red Tag is a travel agency that is now the provider of Disneyland /Universal Orlando & Disney World Tickets.
https://www.redtag.ca/595063
HOMEVACATIONSFLIGHT+HOTELFLIGHTSHOTELSCAR RENTALSLAST MINUTECRUISESLAS VEGASGROUPSAIR MILES ®

Please read carefully as many of the tickets once bought are NON REFUNDABLE>

Hope that helps
Mel

Last edited:
Another week that I just got too tired by the time Wednesday rolled around so i decided to toss the dice and see how I would make out shopping on this week's flyer, even went in blind without looking at it until today (yup, living on the wild side 🤪)

I had a GREAT (for Metro that is) trip and once again glad I waited the extra day even if I would miss out on some miles for my milk that was on sale and had 10 miles/2 cartons.

• I had a threshold spend that I easily met (130 is a joke these days, regularly cracking 200 every other week, sigh)
  • ice cream was on sale with miles - 4.99 buy 2 get 15,
  • still have the spend 15 on selection get 15 promo going on
  • teeny-tiny cans of Dr Pepper 3.49 buy 2 get 6 miles - almost 1:1 and a nice treat size for hubby's Friday pizza night
  • small ham for hubby on sale with an unexpected shelf of 3 miles offer
  • AND SURPRISE my milk was STILL on for 5.49 buy 2 get 10,

Spent $204.62 before tax and snagged 240 miles PLUS i will get the 60 miles for the emailed threshold offer. AWESOME haul after some pitiful weeks!!

Receipt looks nice:
  • Base miles: 10
  • Bonus miles:100
  • threshold offer 130
My total has cracked 15,000 now I just need them to start selling annual passes again so i can get the first one for our 2023 trip!!!
Do you buy the Annual Pass with Air Miles through the Personal Shopper?

We're planning to buy them too. But we need to get the Cast Members to apply the value of tickets etc. I've been cashing out my cash miles into Disney giftcards to try and take a big bite out of the remainder...

Also congrats re Metro! Getting a decent haul there is not easy to do!

Do you buy the Annual Pass with Air Miles through the Personal Shopper?

We're planning to buy them too. But we need to get the Cast Members to apply the value of tickets etc. I've been cashing out my cash miles into Disney giftcards to try and take a big bite out of the remainder...

Also congrats re Metro! Getting a decent haul there is not easy to do!
that's the plan! Don't forget that you can only apply the value of ONE ticket towards an annual pass, you can pay for the remainder with any other form of payments. I'm hoping to be able to get at least one pass and then just keep collecting until it's almost time to go and get whatever ticket we can with the personal shopper and upgrade on site. I already have a ticket in my account that will be applied towards some type of hard ticketed event, hopefully after hours in animal kingdom

In
Hi Kiley
Welcome

So go to the Airmiles web site and look at the menu bar.......
https://www.airmiles.ca/en.html
Look for Travel

Look under US Parks
Click on it
TRAVEL PRODUCTS

Red Tag is a travel agency that is now the provider of Disneyland /Universal Orlando & Disney World Tickets.
https://www.redtag.ca/View attachment 595063
HOMEVACATIONSFLIGHT+HOTELFLIGHTSHOTELSCAR RENTALSLAST MINUTECRUISESLAS VEGASGROUPSAIR MILES ®

Please read carefully as many of the tickets once bought are NON REFUNDABLE>

Hope that helps
Mel

Interesting. I kept checking under “event tickets”, or something like that, beca that’s how I got them in 2019. Thanks for the info.

that's the plan! Don't forget that you can only apply the value of ONE ticket towards an annual pass, you can pay for the remainder with any other form of payments. I'm hoping to be able to get at least one pass and then just keep collecting until it's almost time to go and get whatever ticket we can with the personal shopper and upgrade on site. I already have a ticket in my account that will be applied towards some type of hard ticketed event, hopefully after hours in animal kingdom
Good to know! We have 4, 7-day tickets under each of our names. Hoping to apply them to 4 annual passes!

Just sharing
Trip to Foodland..... don't bother if you want to stock up on the 95 cent bottles of pop.... not worth the drive... the manager is limiting it to 4 bottles ,,no sign in the store and no limit posted in the flyer ..felt like bait and switch.
Oatmeal had terrible expiry dates.
Mini donuts were out but they were frozen??? Naw....
Not a happy shopper.:(

Now I haven't been to Metro in months ,,actually a 10 min walk from my home.
Just popped in there tonight and I am happy with everything I got..
They have everything that is in the flyer,,,,, fresh..... good..... expiry dates and well priced.
Plus lean ground beef was on sale,,, we don't eat beef very often but it's been awhile since I've seen a deal on it.
Well worth a quick evening visit and my cash airmiles paid for it all.:)

Hugs
Mel

Just sharing
Trip to Foodland..... don't bother if you want to stock up on the 95 cent bottles of pop.... not worth the drive... the manager is limiting it to 4 bottles ,,no sign in the store and no limit posted in the flyer ..felt like bait and switch.
Oatmeal had terrible expiry dates.
Mini donuts were out but they were frozen??? Naw....
Not a happy shopper.:(

Now I haven't been to Metro in months ,,actually a 10 min walk from my home.
Just popped in there tonight and I am happy with everything I got..
They have everything that is in the flyer,,,,, fresh..... good..... expiry dates and well priced.
Plus lean ground beef was on sale,,, we don't eat beef very often but it's been awhile since I've seen a deal on it.
Well worth a quick evening visit and my cash airmiles paid for it all.:)

Hugs
Mel

I bought some cinnamon sugar mini donuts from Walmart today for $2 but haven't tried them yet. Guess it will be my road trip food tomorrow.

Another week that I just got too tired by the time Wednesday rolled around so i decided to toss the dice and see how I would make out shopping on this week's flyer, even went in blind without looking at it until today (yup, living on the wild side 🤪)

I had a GREAT (for Metro that is) trip and once again glad I waited the extra day even if I would miss out on some miles for my milk that was on sale and had 10 miles/2 cartons.

• I had a threshold spend that I easily met (130 is a joke these days, regularly cracking 200 every other week, sigh)
  • ice cream was on sale with miles - 4.99 buy 2 get 15,
  • still have the spend 15 on selection get 15 promo going on
  • teeny-tiny cans of Dr Pepper 3.49 buy 2 get 6 miles - almost 1:1 and a nice treat size for hubby's Friday pizza night
  • small ham for hubby on sale with an unexpected shelf of 3 miles offer
  • AND SURPRISE my milk was STILL on for 5.49 buy 2 get 10,

Spent $204.62 before tax and snagged 240 miles PLUS i will get the 60 miles for the emailed threshold offer. AWESOME haul after some pitiful weeks!!

Receipt looks nice:
  • Base miles: 10
  • Bonus miles:100
  • threshold offer 130
My total has cracked 15,000 now I just need them to start selling annual passes again so i can get the first one for our 2023 trip!!!
I think I’m going to get a DL AP via Airmiles too if they can be bought online. I suspect a scenario where they may only be available from the ticket booths though (or maybe in such a way AM can’t purchase for us) …just a feeling I got from the press release. That said with park reservations, I also may opt for a 5 day PH ticket that just gets upgraded a few days in - 4 days of reservations are often enough, but I really prefer 8-10 days at DL.

The good news is, the new APs are soooo much cheaper than I expected. The AP I had didn’t go up in price but has more blackout dates that don’t fuss me at all and likely wouldn’t conflict with a trip. But also went up from 2-4 reservations! Win win! Based on my math… I suspect an Enchant AP is about 8500AM - truly not bad at all. (I was quoted 5500 for 5 day PH).

Now, for the world to be a little more 2019 and a little less 2020/2021….

Hmmmm...just when I thought that Safeway wouldn't have any offers for me this week. I see a couple of offers that I think I would like to do.

1 - granola bars. I'll get 10...some for home and then donate the rest. Youngest ds still likes to eat them.

2 - Keg Giftcard Not sure if I will get one or two. One for us for our anniversary dinner...and one for a gift maybe. I'll have to take a look at our budget this month.

3- Personal offer of spend 30.00 get 10 AM

4- Personal offer of Fresh chicken buy 10.00 get 15 AM.

Might be a good week of AM at Safeway for our household.

Hmmmm...just when I thought that Safeway wouldn't have any offers for me this week. I see a couple of offers that I think I would like to do.

1 - granola bars. I'll get 10...some for home and then donate the rest. Youngest ds still likes to eat them.

2 - Keg Giftcard Not sure if I will get one or two. One for us for our anniversary dinner...and one for a gift maybe. I'll have to take a look at our budget this month.

3- Personal offer of spend 30.00 get 10 AM

4- Personal offer of Fresh chicken buy 10.00 get 15 AM.

Might be a good week of AM at Safeway for our household.
Thank you! I must have forgotten to look at the flyer this week and was thinking about last week’s that had very little.
I can do the granola bars- kids prefer the nature valley but they’ll eat the Quaker too.

I’ll also pick up a Keg gift card (or 2).We just went there last week for DH birthday but we go a few times a year so it will get used.

DH also likes the Mio water enhancers for buy 4 get 40 AM.
Could be a good AM week for me at Safeway!

Went to Metro today, spent $131 before taxes and earned 176 AM, not too bad, but I think I paid more for a few things than I normally would. But I have a bad migraine and was not paying much attention. At least I earned some airmiles this week.

You're doing better than I am today. I also went shopping at Metro. Had a brain fart in the car (not following my usual exiting the car routine) and forgot to put my mask on. I got all the way through the produce section before I realized I wasn't wearing it. Mad panic to find my mask and get it on my face.

I've been feeling so very guilty since. How could that have happened. I can't wait for Covid to be done. There are just too many things to remember and it's starting to get in the way of my Airmiles focus.:confused3

I think I’m going to get a DL AP via Airmiles too if they can be bought online. I suspect a scenario where they may only be available from the ticket booths though (or maybe in such a way AM can’t purchase for us) …just a feeling I got from the press release. That said with park reservations, I also may opt for a 5 day PH ticket that just gets upgraded a few days in - 4 days of reservations are often enough, but I really prefer 8-10 days at DL.

The good news is, the new APs are soooo much cheaper than I expected. The AP I had didn’t go up in price but has more blackout dates that don’t fuss me at all and likely wouldn’t conflict with a trip. But also went up from 2-4 reservations! Win win! Based on my math… I suspect an Enchant AP is about 8500AM - truly not bad at all. (I was quoted 5500 for 5 day PH).

Now, for the world to be a little more 2019 and a little less 2020/2021….
How do you buy an AP with Airmiles?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter