A California Christmas: WB Studios, Disney Soda Fountain, Legoland, & More (COMPLETE)

Hi Lindsey, glad to see you are back!!! I was away for a little myself, out in DL and had a blast!!! As a matter of fact, loved it so much, I decided to cancel the cruise in Dec. and spend it out West. I totally fell in love with DLR, plus I have always been a huge fan of CA. So going back for 10 days and I am so excited.

Your trip to MA sounds great, who knew they had such cool things to do up there. Dr. Suess is my favorite, after Disney so that tribute was way cool. :goodvibes The Cheers bar was neat too. So neat you got to do all that.

It is great to see you back and writing more about CA, your pictures are just beautiful. Can't wait to hear more of it. :goodvibes

Yay, you're back!!! :goodvibes

What a great "mini-TR" on MA. Thanks for sharing! :thumbsup2 I've been to the Cheers bar and some of the other sites you pictured. However, I didn't know there was a Dr. Suess tribute!!! How cool! :cool2:

Wow......the tour at Grauman's looks like it was really cool.......we just saw the theatre from the outside! :rolleyes: Guess we'll have to go back! :banana: I love all the stories about the stars and their handprints......I bet that was so interesting!

Can't wait for more!!! :goodvibes

Wow how did I miss the update?

Love the pictures from MA. Very cool seeing everything through your eyes. I've been to Salem and Boston many, many times so it's neat to see your perspective.

I also love the pictures from the top of the theater from your CA update. Very cool. The more I see from your pictures, the more I want to head out there. It's such a different way of life and it looks so fast pace and exciting.

Looking forward to your next update.

Great update Lindsey....glad to have you back.
Did you have to arrange the tour of Grauman's before hand. I don't know if that is included in my Adventures by Disney trip but it looks really interesting.

I love the pictures from your trip to Boston area too!!!! You guys always find cool places to go. The Dr Seuss tribute statues are awesome!!

Thank you! :goodvibes You can actually show up to the Chinese Theatre and pretty much book the next tour that is available. We just showed up and had to wait about 30 minutes for the next tour. It gave us plenty of time to look around too.

I loved finding the Dr. Suess Tribute. I didn't even know about it and DH found a brochure in the lobby of the hotel, so we had to check it out! I love all of those crazy tourist spots. :)

Hi Lindsey, glad to see you are back!!! I was away for a little myself, out in DL and had a blast!!! As a matter of fact, loved it so much, I decided to cancel the cruise in Dec. and spend it out West. I totally fell in love with DLR, plus I have always been a huge fan of CA. So going back for 10 days and I am so excited.

Your trip to MA sounds great, who knew they had such cool things to do up there. Dr. Suess is my favorite, after Disney so that tribute was way cool. :goodvibes The Cheers bar was neat too. So neat you got to do all that.

It is great to see you back and writing more about CA, your pictures are just beautiful. Can't wait to hear more of it. :goodvibes

Me too! :yay: I can't believe you are already back from your trip! I am so glad you had such a wonderful time and I can't believe you are going back! :woohoo: How exciting! We are actually going back in June to Cali, but not for a Disneyland trip. I hope to stop by for at least a day though, so I can get my fix! :goodvibes

I didn't realize thee was so much to do in MA either, until I booked my flight to meet DH and started doing some trip planning online. I am so glad I went! We had so much fun and it was really a wonderful Easter weekend. I actually would love to go back someday!

Yay, you're back!!! :goodvibes

What a great "mini-TR" on MA. Thanks for sharing! :thumbsup2 I've been to the Cheers bar and some of the other sites you pictured. However, I didn't know there was a Dr. Suess tribute!!! How cool! :cool2:

Wow......the tour at Grauman's looks like it was really cool.......we just saw the theatre from the outside! :rolleyes: Guess we'll have to go back! :banana: I love all the stories about the stars and their handprints......I bet that was so interesting!

Can't wait for more!!! :goodvibes

Thanks! I was so thrilled to find out about the Dr. Suess Tribute. It was so neat for it to be there and unexpected. It was a great addition to our quickie trip and I love Dr. Suess, so it was a great place to find!

I would recommend going back and seeing a movie at the Chinese Theatre in the main theatre. It is so neat and beautiful! I would love to sit in the old theatre in the original chairs. It's got so much history and it's just so "Hollywood!" ;)

Wow how did I miss the update?

Love the pictures from MA. Very cool seeing everything through your eyes. I've been to Salem and Boston many, many times so it's neat to see your perspective.

I also love the pictures from the top of the theater from your CA update. Very cool. The more I see from your pictures, the more I want to head out there. It's such a different way of life and it looks so fast pace and exciting.

Looking forward to your next update.

I am so glad I made my first visit to MA and I loved it! I had no idea there was so much to do and so much to see. There is just so much history there too and I love visiting all those special locations. I really loved it!

Los Angeles wasn't exactly what I expected and the Hollywood area is small. It's definitely not a beautiful area and it doesn't look like what you see on TV. I am glad I saw the real Los Angeles and there are so many places there that I love to visit. :)

Wicked

I couldn't believe it was our last night in California. :sad1: We would be leaving the hotel the next morning around 10:00 am to catch our flight from LAX to Orlando. We had such a wonderful time in Los Angeles and I am so glad we were able to enjoy the Christmas decorations everywhere.

It was our last night and we were going to have a blast because we were going to finally see "Wicked!" I have been dying to see this Broadway show for years and when I found out it would be in LA while we were there I had to go! I listen to the soundtrack all the time and it is amazing! Carol Kane was also in the production as Madame Morrible. You may remember her from "Taxi" as Latka's wife.

Carol%20Kane.jpg

An extra bonus was that "Wicked" was at the famous Pantages Theatre located at Hollywood & Vine.

n25002324_33419581_6664.jpg

n25002324_33419582_7083.jpg

n25002324_33419583_7417.jpg

Pantages Theatre is beautiful and I can't believe it has been there since 1930! "Wicked" was such an amazing show and I had chills during my favorite number, Defying Gravity. It was the perfect way to end our vacation in Cali!

Thanks for joining my Trippie everyone! I really hoped you enjoyed visiting Cali with me. DH & I had a wonderful time and we are going back in June! We're celebrating our 2nd wedding anniversary in Cali and I can't wait!

I am done with my Trippie, but I am going to post a few more pictures from our Christmas celebration at Walt Disney World. I know a few people wanted to see my pictures, so this will be a great place to post them!

The End!

Hey Lindsey!!!

Thanks for the review of Wicked!!! I'm trying to fit it in to my trip after the PC cruise!!!

Great TR Lindsey! Thanks for sharing your trip to Cali with us!!! How exciting you get to go back so soon! Where are you headed to this time? LA and DL again?

Hey Lindsey, Wicked sounds like it was awesome!! You are so lucky, what a way to wrap up your trip to CA, sounds like it was wonderful. I will be sure to read your next trippie for your June trip. I have finally started my first trippie from my trip to DL, it is under the DL trip report thread, feel free to stop by.

Can't wait to see your pictures from you WDW Christmas. Yeah.

I can't believe I am going back for Christmas either, we will be there for 10 days, actually I am heading out West for a weekend here, leaving April 25 and home on the 27, just a little weekend trip for a "Green" event for Earth Day.:goodvibes

Another great trip report!!! :thumbsup2 Thanks so much for sharing!

"Wicked" sounds like it was fantastic!!! I really want to see it!

Lucky girl......you're heading back to Cali. in the summer! How fun! :goodvibes What parts of CA are you planning to visit this time? I'm sure DL is included! ;)

I can't wait to see the rest of your pics!!!

Always a great trip report!
you guys are just so lucky, you get to travel so much!! it was great to see Boston!! i can't beleive how close i am, and have never even been to Mass. i guess i will have to live vicariously through you awsome trip reports!!

can't wait for the next one!! and i hope you have a great time back in Cal. for your 2 year anniversary!!

~Sue

The trippie is over :sad2:.......but :yay: for more pictures.
I think we have a free night in LA on our ABD trip & I would love to see Wicked. Did you buy your tickets in advance & were they pricey?
Are you still going to write about the Grand Floridian experience??????

Hey Lindsey!!!

Thanks for the review of Wicked!!! I'm trying to fit it in to my trip after the PC cruise!!!

Oh, it was amazing! You should definitely try to fit it in; it's so worth it! :thumbsup2

Great TR Lindsey! Thanks for sharing your trip to Cali with us!!! How exciting you get to go back so soon! Where are you headed to this time? LA and DL again?

Thanks Cheryl! :goodvibes I am so glad we are going back! This time we are staying in the middle of everything, so we are between Anaheim and LA. That was we can visit Disneyland and Universal Hollywood. The plan is to spend our first day at Disneyland and the weekend at Universal, since we have never been. I'm hoping to go the tapings of my fav shows too! Jay here I come! :yay: We are having our anniversary dinner at Disneyland at the Bleu Bayou, which is the restaurant in POTC. I'm so excited! :banana:

Hey Lindsey, Wicked sounds like it was awesome!! You are so lucky, what a way to wrap up your trip to CA, sounds like it was wonderful. I will be sure to read your next trippie for your June trip. I have finally started my first trippie from my trip to DL, it is under the DL trip report thread, feel free to stop by.

Can't wait to see your pictures from you WDW Christmas. Yeah.

I can't believe I am going back for Christmas either, we will be there for 10 days, actually I am heading out West for a weekend here, leaving April 25 and home on the 27, just a little weekend trip for a "Green" event for Earth Day.:goodvibes

Oh, I must go stop by your Trippie! I will read it today! :goodvibes

That'll be a fun weekend trip! You are just becoming a Cali girl now! You will just love Disneyland at Christmas. It's just beautiful and there is a chill in the air! :wizard:

Another great trip report!!! :thumbsup2 Thanks so much for sharing!

"Wicked" sounds like it was fantastic!!! I really want to see it!

Lucky girl......you're heading back to Cali. in the summer! How fun! :goodvibes What parts of CA are you planning to visit this time? I'm sure DL is included! ;)

I can't wait to see the rest of your pics!!!

Awwww...thanks so much! :goodvibes

I was so glad I finally got to see "Wicked!" I had been waiting and waiting for it to come on tour because I wasn't able to see it when I was in NYC. Well, the tour wasn't coming near us until sometime in 2009, so when I saw it was in Cali...I had to be there. It's one of my fav Broadway shows!

I am glad to be going to Cali in the summer because it may actually be warm when I am there, for once! :) We will pretty much be in the same areas...Hollywood, Los Angeles, Universal City, Anaheim, & Burbank. We are making sure to go to Disneyland the first day we get there, but we are going to spend two days at Universal Hollywood, since we have never been. I'm really excited to get to do the tour too! :yay:

Wicked

It was our last night and we were going to have a blast because we were going to finally see "Wicked!" I have been dying to see this Broadway show for years and when I found out it would be in LA while we were there I had to go! I listen to the soundtrack all the time and it is amazing! Carol Kane was also in the production as Madame Morrible. You may remember her from "Taxi" as Latka's wife.

Pantages Theatre is beautiful and I can't believe it has been there since 1930! "Wicked" was such an amazing show and I had chills during my favorite number, Defying Gravity. It was the perfect way to end our vacation in Cali!

The End!

You are so lucky that you got to see Wiicked. It is my favorite musical. I have to wait another year and a half before the traveling show comes here to iowa. Defying Gravity is my fav number too and I bet it was just amazing to see live and in that theater. Thanks for your tr it was really great and I can't wait to read your next one.

Always a great trip report!
you guys are just so lucky, you get to travel so much!! it was great to see Boston!! i can't beleive how close i am, and have never even been to Mass. i guess i will have to live vicariously through you awsome trip reports!!

can't wait for the next one!! and i hope you have a great time back in Cal. for your 2 year anniversary!!

~Sue

Thank you Sue! :) I am so glad DH had the great idea to go to Boston. It wasn't like a place I had in my head to visit, but I'm glad I did. I really loved it and all of the history there. It's a place everyone should visit at least once in their lifetime.

Thanks so much! I can't wait to be Cali again and be back in Disneyland for a couple of days. I just love it there! :banana:

The trippie is over :sad2:.......but :yay: for more pictures.
I think we have a free night in LA on our ABD trip & I would love to see Wicked. Did you buy your tickets in advance & were they pricey?
Are you still going to write about the Grand Floridian experience??????

I will definitely be posting my WDW Christmas photos! I have some great ones to share! :thumbsup2

I actually bought my "Wicked" tickets online from the theatre's website because it is selling out quickly. I bought them as soon as I could. There are many different seat pricing options.

We actually bought the most affordable seats up in the balcony, so the tickets were not pricey at all. It just depends on how much you want to spend.

I am really hoping I can start writing my mini GF Trippie. It shouldn't be too long, so I should be able to get it done. Maybe I will be able to start on that this weekend! :yay:

Thanks Lindsey for your great trip report! I can't wait to read your next one.

You are so welcome! Thank you for joining my Trippie! :)

You are so lucky that you got to see Wiicked. It is my favorite musical. I have to wait another year and a half before the traveling show comes here to iowa. Defying Gravity is my fav number too and I bet it was just amazing to see live and in that theater. Thanks for your tr it was really great and I can't wait to read your next one.

Thanks so much! I'm really glad you enjoyed my Trippie! :goodvibes

It was amazing to finally see "Wicked" performed live on stage. The music is just so powerful, especially Defying Gravity when Elphaba take flight! :eek:

Hi Lindsey, yes, I am becoming quite the CA girl!!!:goodvibes I just love it out there, always have, someday we are hoping to move out that way, but all good things take time. Until then, I 'll just enjoy my visits.

I hope you and DH have a wonderful time in June, I can't wait to read all about it, when we go in Dec. we are going to do more of CA though. We are going to do Legoland, Sea World, Universal, Knott's(maybe) and also DL too. Also we will be spending some time down in Hollywood and Burbank area, we visit our one friend down in the Burbank area. So that is always cool.

I am sure I will love DLR at Christmas, I just hope there isn't too much of a chill in the air, the first night we were there last month there was a chill in the air as you will read soon in my trippie, so I hope it isn't too awful. But can't wait to see all the wonderful Christmas decorations.

Yes my weekend getaway across country will be cool, I am looking forward to it, the "green" event is actually going to be at Universal Studios so we will be in that area.:goodvibes

Can't wait to see your WDW Christmas photos, I am sure as always you have some great shots.:goodvibes

Celebrating the Holidays at Walt Disney World

My family & I celebrated Christmas at Fort Wilderness in one of the cabins. We had an amazing time and I just loved it there! It was the perfect place to enjoy Christmas at WDW!

Here are the pictures I'd like to share from our Christmas Family Vacation!

Our Cabin at Fort Wilderness
n25002324_33423825_4461.jpg

My brother & I shared the bunk beds...it was like we were kids again!
n25002324_33423962_6288.jpg

Our Chritmas tree, decorations, & presents!
n25002324_33423969_8443.jpg

Towel Wreath in our window
n25002324_33423967_7817.jpg

Sleigh Ride at Wilderness Lodge
n25002324_33423971_9075.jpg

Even the horses get in the Christmas spirit!
n25002324_33423974_14.jpg

Fort Wilderness Christmas Tree
n25002324_33423975_324.jpg

We rented a golf cart to get around FW & we had to decorate it with lights!
n25002324_33423978_1262.jpg

n25002324_33423976_637.jpg

More soon...

Wow Lindsey, your FW pictures are awesome so far, can't wait to see more.:goodvibes It looks really pretty there. I might have to tear myself away from DLR one of these times and stay there at Christmas.:rotfl:

Your room looks so cozy with the tree and presents, the towel wreath is adorable, did you keep it?? The bunk beds look great and I bet you did feel like kids again.

Can't wait to hear more and see more pictures, I believe Disney at Christmas it just one of the most magical things. :goodvibes

Too cute!! I have a friend who is going to stay in the cabins in September so I sent her a link. Thanks for sharing with us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter