• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

A California Christmas: WB Studios, Disney Soda Fountain, Legoland, & More (COMPLETE)

I'm here! I'm here! :yay:

I think this is the longest I have gone without being on The DIS and no Trippie update! :scared1: *Must catch-up!* It's been a hectic week at work, since it's our busiest time of the year and I've been exhausted. :headache: Now, I'm back! :banana:

I hope everyone has been doing well. I will have to go back and read all of your comments, but I will get to the Trippie update first. I'm going to have a busy weekend too because DH & I are celebration Valentine's Day early with a weekend at the Grand Floridian! :lovestruc

I can't wait! I have never stayed there and I think it's the perfect spot to celebrate Valentine's. We are having dinner at Citrico's and I've never been there either, so this will be all new to me. We are going back to 1900 Park Fare too and we haven't been there, since our wedding rehearsal dinner.

I also already talked to Private Dining and have some special treats being sent to our room to surprise DH! I've got to pack and do laundry tomorrow when I get home, so I may be able to update. But, if not, I'll be back posting on Monday. :wizard:

Just so I say it early...
Have a Magical weekend everyone! :banana:

Have a great weekend! We are staying at AKL as an early VDay this weekend as well!

Lindsey great update & glad to know you are ok.:hug:

I am planning my stop at the Soda Fountain already & seeing your pictures just made me want to go more!!!!!

Have a wonderful weekend at the Grand Floridian.......you lucky dog. I have always wanted to stay there.
Do we get a mini Valentine's weekend trippie????

Lindsey!!

I am so excited for your VDay weekend. I'll be looking for that Trip report too!!!:)

I said I'd be back posting on Monday and here I am! :goodvibes

It will have to be short and sweet because I'm a bit tired and it's back to the grind tomorrow! :headache:

Well, our Valentine's Weekend at the Grand Floridian was interesting. Let's just say we had a lot go wrong and we were not too impressed with the Grand Floridian. You know it's hard for me to say anything bad about Disney! :rolleyes1 We were very disappointed and we were shocked.

The mistakes and issues were take care of, but they should have never happened. There were stresses we should not have had to deal with on our short weekend. Anyway, I won't get into too much detail here, so that means I must write a mini-Trippie! :laughing:

We had a great time, except for the issues caused by the Grand Floridian and it did work out in our favor. I had to calm DH down because he was furious about the situation, but that's another Trippie.

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend! :banana:

Now, on with the show! popcorn::

Scrubs: The Farewell Tour

I was so excited about tonight and it was the highlight of our trip to Los Angeles for me! We were going to Beverly Hills to attend the "Scrubs" Farewell Tour. We paid a bundle to go to this special event and I couldn't wait to be in the same room with the cast of "Scrubs!" I am a huge fan of the show and I just adore Zach Braff and John C. McGinley, who are the stars of the show. I love them for many of their other films too, so I couldn't wait to actually be able to talk with them. It was going to be an exciting night!

But, before we arrived in Beverly Hills, I had to start the evening off at the "real" Sacred Heart Hospital in "Scrubs." This is the actual hospital that is the working-set for "Scrubs." We had to drive around for a while to find it on the outskirts of Hollywood, but I am glad we did. We also saw the one working ambulance that they use in the show.

n25002324_33378021_6697.jpg

n25002324_33378018_5844.jpg

n25002324_33378024_7509.jpg

n25002324_33378023_7233.jpg

After our quick visit to Sacred Heart Hospital, we booked it back over to our Hotel, so we could change into our clothes for our evening at the Paley Center. It took us a lot longer to get to Beverly Hills than we thought it would and it was dark by the time. We thought we were lost, but I quickly spotted the Beverly Hills Hotel and knew we were in the right place!

Some of the Cast of "Scrubs"

Christa Miller aka Jordan
You may also know her from "The Drew Carey Show"
n25002324_33378247_3701.jpg

John C. McGinley aka Dr. Cox & his wife, Nichole
You know him from many films, such as "Office Space" & "Wildhogs"
n25002324_33378242_8195.jpg

Zach Braff aka Dr. John Dorian
For you Disney fans: Zach is the voice of "Chicken Little"
n25002324_33378167_8384.jpg

The Creator of "Scrubs," Bill Lawrence & Zach
n25002324_33378241_7972.jpg

We were lucky enough to be some of the first few people to arrive to the Paley Center, so were able to get the sit in the second row of the small screening room. The Cast made their entrance to a round of applause from the audience and took their seats right in front of us. I was sitting directly behind Zach Braff and I was thrilled!

We began the evening by watching an episode of "Scrubs" with the Cast. It was such a surreal experience and everyone was having a great time. It is the last season for the show, so the writers and the entire crew of "Scrubs" was there in the audience. It was a special evening for everyone.

Then, the Cast and creator of "Scrubs" made their way to the stage to be asked questions by the moderator and by the audience. The Cast is just hilarious and they opened up about everything. It really felt like you were sitting and hanging around with your friends.

Ken Jenkins, John C McGinley, Judy Reyes, Donald Faison, Zach Braff, & Bill Lawrence
n25002324_33378248_9568.jpg

John C McGinley, Judy Reyes, Donald Faison, Zach Braff, & Bill Lawrence
n25002324_33378249_9882.jpg

The Entire Cast
n25002324_33378250_182.jpg

The Cast got up to leave the stage and we made our exit too, so we could meet with them after the show. They were actually on their way to a Cast Christmas Party.

n25002324_33378251_492.jpg

n25002324_33378252_804.jpg

It was so much fun to be able to see and actually mingle with some of the Cast!

Zach Braff
n25002324_33378351_918.jpg

Creator Bill Lawrence
n25002324_33378357_5831.jpg

Donald Faison
Yes, you know him from "Clueless!"
n25002324_33378358_6076.jpg

Here I am with Robert Maschio aka "The Todd"
n25002324_33378359_6318.jpg

John & his beautiful wife came out to mingle with the fans and I couldn't wait to meet him!
n25002324_33378362_1874.jpg

n25002324_33378363_2121.jpg

John C McGinley & I
n25002324_33378364_2376.jpg

DH & I wanted to go chat with the Creator of "Scrubs," Bill Lawrence and he was actually with his wife, Christa Miller, who is Jordan on the show. He was so nice and so down-to-Earth.
n25002324_33378361_1624.jpg

n25002324_33378365_2626.jpg

It was a fantastic evening and a night I will never forget! It was a special moment that will never happen again and I was glad to be a part of it. "Scrubs" is going off the air and now with Writer's Strike, there may not even be any final episodes, so I was glad to have this special evening with the Cast!

More Soon!
popcorn::

Lindsay,

I'm sorry to hear that your weekend didn't go as planned. I'm interested to hear how the GF failed. From me who has GF with high standards, mostly because I've never stayed there, its strange to hear the trouble that they gave you.:confused:

How great you got to see the cast of Scrubs! What a once in a lifetime experience. I never got into that show. Thanks for sharing! :goodvibes

Sorry to hear about the GF........I can't wait to read about that one!!! :scared1:

What a FUN addition to your Cali trip!!! That's great that you got to meet and mingle with the cast of Scrubs!!! :banana: What's really neat is that you got to bring your camera in with you..........I attended a taping of "According to Jim" a few years ago and they didn't allow ANY cameras. People were throwing their good cameras into the bushes before heading into the taping....:confused3 It's wonderful that you were able to "capture" your memories!!! :goodvibes

How cool Lindsey.......that looked like an awesome experience. You are lucky to have gotten to do that since you are such a fan of the show.
:eek: the GF didn't live up to your expectations.......this is going to be interesting.

:cool1: :thumbsup2 I am so jealous of your experience with the cast of Scrubs. We own all of the dvds- my dh and I watch Scrubs every night before bed. I'm still :sad1: that the last season will be coming to an end.

Thanks for sharing Lindsey! :flower3:

I said I'd be back posting on Monday and here I am! :goodvibes

It will have to be short and sweet because I'm a bit tired and it's back to the grind tomorrow! :headache:

Well, our Valentine's Weekend at the Grand Floridian was interesting. Let's just say we had a lot go wrong and we were not too impressed with the Grand Floridian. You know it's hard for me to say anything bad about Disney! :rolleyes1 We were very disappointed and we were shocked.

The mistakes and issues were take care of, but they should have never happened. There were stresses we should not have had to deal with on our short weekend. Anyway, I won't get into too much detail here, so that means I must write a mini-Trippie! :laughing:

We had a great time, except for the issues caused by the Grand Floridian and it did work out in our favor. I had to calm DH down because he was furious about the situation, but that's another Trippie.

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend! :banana:

Now, on with the show! popcorn::

Lindsey... sorry about your mini weekend... I know you were so looking forwards to it!!!

Do me a favor and post a link to your trippie on the GF thread also... I know the girls over there would like to hear what you went through... some have had things happen there recently also...

:)

I always jump in late. lol. It sounds like you had a great time in CA. Your Disneyland trip sounds amazing and so does the rest of it!

I do have one question for ya...how cold is cold?!?!?

Lindsey,
so sorry to hear about the GF. i am very interested to hear what happened. i did see you food pictures, on the show us your food link, and they looked pretty yummy!!
anyway i am glad that you had a great time at the Scrubs farewell!!!

~sue

Hey girl! Sorry you had such a crummy time at the GF. I'm glad what ever happened worked out in your favor though. Can't wait to hear what happened.

Very cool you got to hang out with the cast of Scrubs! You always get to do the coolest things. :thumbsup2 Oh and thats so awesome that you were right behind Zach Braff. Sounds like you guys had a great night!

Hey Lindsey, so sorry to hear about your Valentine's weekend, I sure hope it was worth it in the end.

That is so cool about the Scrubs show and how you were able to take pictures and meet the cast, you are one lucky girl!! Very awesome.

Can't wait to hear more of your trip and read your Valentine trippie as well. :goodvibes

Hey Lindsey! I decided to follow you over to this trip report as well. During my family's tour of California back in the mid-nineties, we did make a stop in LA, but it wasn't very long. We only got to see a little of the Walk of Fame, the Chinese Theater (although we didn't go in), and Universal CityWalk, before heading on to a couple of nights in Anaheim and then heading north from there. I would love to go back and see all the neat things you saw! Also, I would highly suggest you definitely go back and see the rest of California someday. San Francisco was a huge highlight of the trip for me. It's a spectacular town!

So sorry your Valentine's weekend didn't go as planned. I will be interested to read the story when you get to it, as I have never stayed at Grand Floridian. DH and I were celebrating V-day at the same time as you and your DH. We stayed at Gaylord Palms last weekend, had dinner at California Grill Saturday night during a spectacular sunset, then went to Epcot for Illuminations, and then we went to Animal Kingdom Sunday morning.

Hey Lindsey, just wanted to say that I hope everything is ok, you haven't been around posting much so hope all is well.:goodvibes

Hi there! :banana:

Well, things have finally calmed down around here after a very hectic past three weeks. I've been super busy with work and have just been exhausted. I have the best intentions to get on here and write, but just didn't have the energy to do it. :confused:

I apologize for disappearing and the lake of updates. Hopefully, my schedule can get back to normal and I can spend some quality time back on The DIS.

Thanks so much for the nice comments and I'm glad you are all still here patiently waiting for my update. So, l must get back to my updates. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter