Youngest you've taken a child to WDW

My kids were 13 mths,5,7 and 8 years old for our first trip.My youngest also went at 18 mths old and will be 2 1/2 when we go in September.She has always done wonderful and loves more abot WDW than I expected.She keeps asking when we are going to see JoJo again. :)

sjams said:
Flame suit on here....But why on earth would you take your children at such an early age? :sad2: They can't remember it so why not save your money and do it when they are older? I took my DS for the 1st time when he was 4 years and I feel like that was 1 year too soon! My DD went when she was 7.5 for her 1st time and she still believed in princesses and the characters and actually still does at almost 9. Last time I was there I was just flabergasted with the amount of little babies and tiny toddlers. Is it because the parents want to go and can't bear to leave the kids at home? Wouldn't it be MUCH more fun without having to worry about diapers, formula/nursing, and all the other things that go with babies? And major meltdowns with 1 year olds and older?
I just don't get it! JMHO!

He/she may not remember it, but we WILL!! We go slower, take naps and have a FANTASTIC time. I wouldn't dream of going and leaving one of my kids behind.

I don't regret one thing about taking DS at such an early age. Nor do I think we will regret anything about our upcoming trip. Just because they won't remember it doesn't mean they won't enjoy it while we are there. I can understand why some people would think that it wouldn't be an enjoyable trip with such young kids and all of the "baggage" that they need, but in all honesty, I couldn't imagine not taking them. Just because we have kids doesn't mean that we stop taking vacations!!!!

My DD was 16 months the first time she went to WDW and she celebrated her 1st B-day at DL.

My DS was 11 months the first time he went to WDW and about 2 months old the first time he went to DL.

Let me tell you, both DL and WDW have such great picture opportunities. We have great photos of our infants/toddlers enjoying themselves at various spots at the parks. I think that my DD's first trip was the best! My DS was fun too, but he is a whole different ball of wax (not as easy going).

We don't spend everyday at the parks either. We go swimming, we explore other resorts, ride the monorail, visit DTD, take the boat taxis, etc. So, why wouldn't a family take all members? :confused3 The nice thing about staying at WDW is that one can leave the parks at any time, rest at the resorts, and then go back if they wish.

The worthiness of spending money at WDW on infants/toddlers is in the eye of the person holding the wallet.

DS7 and DD3 both went for the first time right after they turned 1.

DS took his first steps at our hotel while we were there!!!

sjams said:
Flame suit on here....But why on earth would you take your children at such an early age? :sad2: They can't remember it so why not save your money and do it when they are older? I took my DS for the 1st time when he was 4 years and I feel like that was 1 year too soon! My DD went when she was 7.5 for her 1st time and she still believed in princesses and the characters and actually still does at almost 9. Last time I was there I was just flabergasted with the amount of little babies and tiny toddlers. Is it because the parents want to go and can't bear to leave the kids at home? Wouldn't it be MUCH more fun without having to worry about diapers, formula/nursing, and all the other things that go with babies? And major meltdowns with 1 year olds and older?

No flames from me, but will just also agree that WE (parents) remembered and loved every minute of DS's first trip as BIG mouse fans. Anyways, my DS is developing a life-long love of the Mouse (at least I hope). We started at 8.5 mos and he has been twice now and will be going this coming month at 18 mos. Recently added words to his vocabulary are "Mickey" and "Donald Duck". He is also a HUGE Wiggles fan and we hope to see them there this coming trip. Maybe he won't remember (unfortunately), but he will DEFINITELY have a good time while there. He loves it there and loves the characters. His first trip he blossomed so much...started crawling, waving, and a quite a few other other firsts....

Both my kids went while they were in the belly, and my DD's first trip was at 6 months. We had a great time. We really like our kids, need to have them with us all the time :thumbsup2

We took our son in January when he was 7 months old. It was so easy. He did really well, loved the characters, and slept sooooo well every night. We're heading back in three weeks (he'll be 14 months), and I just hope it goes that well again!!

I took my DS when he was 2 mos old (my other kids were 7, 5, and 3 at the time and came along, too). We kindly refer to that as "the trip from h@ll". I figured, how much trouble can a 2 mos old be at Disney? :confused3 Well lemme tell ya----A LOT! DS was VERY upset by the change in his routine and all the activity. We had to carry him everywhere in a sling or else he screamed. He didn't sleep for more than an hour at a time at night. By the 3rd night there I was ready to drown myself in the hotel pool :rotfl: By the time 7 days had gone by I had lost 10 lbs from the stress of dealing with him.

I have taken older babies (9 mos and older) and they did fine. But a tiny infant? Never again!!!!

I took my son to DL when he was 5 months old, I was in Vegas for work, so we drove and did one day in DL/DCA. Then I we celebrated his 1st birthday, a little early, at DL and snuck in one more trip before his birthday. He loved the characters and they loved interacting with him.

Based on an upcoming due date of August 18th, he or she will be 2 months old when we go!

We took DS for his first trip when he was 4 1/2(mostly financial reasons) I would of loved to have gone sooner. But it was great not taking a diaper bag and he was able to stand in lines, and no set nap time. But if parents can still go on vacations within a year of the baby's b-day I say go for it. I do have some people give me a look that he was still too young at 4 1/2. One good reason that I had was we didn't have to worry about school scheduling because he was only in preschool. We went in April 2005 and it was perfect for us. Next year he will be close to 7 yrs old and we have to decide on June(heat) or Thanksgiving week.

sjams said:

Why do they have to remember it? :confused3

Does in the womb count? Both sons were there at least twice before they were born.

Youngest will be going tomorrow--he's 4 months old.

DS2.5 first trip was at 15 months. He went again at 22 months (see the pic with Mickey in my sig). We took him to SeaWorld at 30 months and he'll be at WDW in December 2006 right before he turns 3. He may not remember the trips per say, but he knows all the characters, Cinderella's castle and Main St. USA. He LOVES Disney! When we got home from SeaWorld he had to tell everyone about Shamu. He sees the SW commercials on TV and yells, "Shamu! Shamu!" I think he remembers it, at least right now he does.

And, another plus to taking them when they are young--the cost! ITS FREE!!! :rotfl: (at least park tix and dining)

We are taking our next trip in December just a week before DS turns 3 so we can get one more trip in before we have to pay for a ticket for him! We come back home Dec. 8 and DS turns 3 on Dec. 10! :Pinkbounc

I would go anytime if I just had a baby and on :rotfl2:
It's not just for kids and if adults love DW there's no need to not bring the little ones along for the ride! And plus when you're bringing babies, it doesn't cost anything for the baby anyway.

My son was 10 mos old the first time he is now 4yrs old and has been there 5 times. My DD was just shy of 4yrs old the first time and has been there at least 13 times. :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter