Youngest you've taken a child to WDW

Our first trip, our ds was just 6 mos and our girls were 2.5 and 4. Next trip, we added a ds who was 1.5 yrs (but pretty delayed, so more like a 9 mo old), other ds was 3, girls were 5 and 7. On the most recent trip, they were 2, 4, 6, and 8.

My kids have been scared of the characters from 18 mos to 3yrs. Then they recover. Earlier than a year, they are fine with anything we throw at them.

I think it depends on your child. It would have been miserable to take my oldest dtr when she was a toddler. My other kids were fine, but she was "demando-girl" and was not fun at all!!

sjams said:
Flame suit on here....But why on earth would you take your children at such an early age? :sad2: They can't remember it so why not save your money and do it when they are older? I took my DS for the 1st time when he was 4 years and I feel like that was 1 year too soon! My DD went when she was 7.5 for her 1st time and she still believed in princesses and the characters and actually still does at almost 9. Last time I was there I was just flabergasted with the amount of little babies and tiny toddlers. Is it because the parents want to go and can't bear to leave the kids at home? Wouldn't it be MUCH more fun without having to worry about diapers, formula/nursing, and all the other things that go with babies? And major meltdowns with 1 year olds and older?
I just don't get it! JMHO!

I will never forget the look on both of my kids when they were each 2-1/2 years old. Their eyes danced everywhere. They might not ever remember but I will. I have tons of video that is priceless. My kids have rarely had meltdowns and they were usually our fault for skipping naps. When our 1st was a baby we had decided to wait until he was 5 but when he was 2 we changed our minds and took him @ 2-1/2 - I am so glad we did. Now #3 is here and she is going on her 2nd trip next mo. (she is our "little souvenir" princess: from our 2004 trip).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter