You People Ruined The Gratuity For Ddp!

Sounds like Sybil woke up on the wrong side of the bed!

Sorry about tipping 18% from the DDP and tipping extra sometimes, didn't mean to ruin it for the rest of the world. :rotfl:

She said they aren't included any longer because some people weren't leaving tips and the servers were getting jilted

Is it possible that non-dining plan customers were tipping less because they perceived that most guests were on the dining plan where tips were included (and therefore they could under-tip without harming the servere too much)?

Is it possible that non-dining plan customers were tipping less because they perceived that most guests were on the dining plan where tips were included (and therefore they could under-tip without harming the servere too much)?

People were actually tipping based on the service they received, and weren't getting 18% service and were tipping accordingly? ;) I'm a server and make a darn good living at it. There are days that I'm not quite "on" if you know what I mean. I certainly don't expect superior compensation for average service. :confused3

If I have 18% gratuity added to my check, I expect that level of service. If I don't get it, I'm cetainly not leaving MORE on top of the automatic gratuity!!!!:scared1: If that's ruining it for tipped employees, I've left waves of distruction behind whenever I've been on vacation, or on a cruise or just out with friends and family:rotfl2: . It's a miracle the hopitality industry has survived my onslaught! :rolleyes1

We're servers, not weathermen, we DON'T get paid for being wrong!:thumbsup2

I will be calling Disney.....then I will demand to speak to a real cm
If they refuse I will ask to speak to Sybill....when she answers I will say ADR as many times as I can...~~laughing I have to say that I got a REAL weirdo once, I could see the call was not going well I hung up *opps*
Then I called back hoping to get a better CM.....then the crazy one was calling back. Now tell me if that wasn't nutty:scared1:

I too have occasionally encountered a less than magical CM- everybody is entitled to have a bad day- but instead of enduring the call- I just tell the CM or whoever it is on the other end of the line that I have forgotten something and will have to call back. I hang up and call back and have never gotten the same CM twice. Most are very helpful but occasionally some are not

I made my reservations this month and refered to them as "ADR's" as usual the CM never blinked far as I can tell. Shows you Disney hires people with "issues" too...lol. I heading down in April on DDP but it will probably be the last time (just 2 of us going).

The only thing I can say about the the DDP changes is "It was fun while it lasted" but its not worth it anymore. Im a DVC owner and will be back of course just eating off property.:confused3

I got hung up on the other day. The CM (or not, I never asked for verification, LOL!) picked up sooner than I anticipated and my outlook calendar was still opening. She said what can I help you with and I replied hang on just a second while I get my calendar. Next thing I know I was sent to the survey! Well, okaay then! :rotfl:

All joking aside....I would have asked to speak to a supervisor. This woman is scary.:scared1: I think she must have skipped a few days of on the job training.:confused3

I have to make my ADRs/PS/reservations (whatever today's lingo may be) on the 5th and if I get Sybil, I'll be sure to promptly hang up. ;)

I have already made all of my ADRs, but I'm feeling a little mischievious today.... I think I'll call WDW....and keep calling until I get our new fav CM, Sybil! I could really have some fun with her, but first I need to find the page with all the Dis acronyms.

I have already made all of my ADRs, but I'm feeling a little mischievious today.... I think I'll call WDW....and keep calling until I get our new fav CM, Sybil! I could really have some fun with her, but first I need to find the page with all the Dis acronyms.

:lmao: If you don't post it, be sure to PM me and let me know how that goes for you!!!

It was probably this gal

2489_main.jpg

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

funny..:rotfl: thanks for sharing. I didn't realize it was a big deal to use words like ADR.....Sybil forgot to take her happy pills that day! Sorry that happened to you....you probably felt like you were entering the Twilight Zone!

Oooooh! This sounds fun!!!
:lmao:

I have gotten so many different CM personalities over the years! But most recently I have gotten hung up on every time I try to go to the survey at the end of the call. :confused3
I love this post! Best one I've read in a long time!:lmao: :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter