• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

You People Ruined The Gratuity For Ddp!

How funny!

I actually a few months ago got a CM that wasn't entirely friendly, I must confess it is VERY rare that I get an unfriendly CM, who was quite miffed by my use of the ADR term. She interrupted me and said "I have no idea what you are even talking about. I've never heard that term." Fair enough. The rest of the conversation wasn't exactly friendly.

BUT again, I must say it is very rare for me to encounter someone who isn't friendly. I needed some new package pricing back in August and my Apple Safari program doesn't work well with Disney pricing so I had to call in and ask for pricing comparison's on all the Deluxes, except for the Monorail ones. What a beating, right? The guy was WONDERFUL. Told me let me put my feet up on the desk and tell me what you need, I'm here to help. He was a delight! Probably spent 30 minutes on the phone with me pricing everything.

Every time I glance at that threat title :lmao:

I think it is the "You People" that gets me :rotfl:

That Sybil type CM really needs a new job, no matter how many years she has been in dining reservations.

Oh my, I don't know if I've laughed so much at a thread on any forum in a long time. Too funny because when I read the thread title I thought it was going to be a post by a disgruntled DDP user but it's been a complete hoot to read!

Overly-serious or not, it appears the Cast Member being disparaged here provided some GOOD, factual information to the OP. Disney doesn't call your dining arrangements ADR, PS, any other acronym, or the full terms those acronyms represent. They DO call your dining plans "reservations" - and then explain to you exactly what that means ("arrive x minutes early, check in, be seated at the next available...").

And the CM may have presented all her responses in a too-serious manner - but she DID also provide ACCURATE information (i.e. corrected the MISinformation the OP got on an earlier call) about when you can make dining reservations: Using the information the OP got on the call previous to this one, it would appear Guests with a room-only reservation, or staying off-site, are unable to make dining reservations, period: "I wanted to make some reservations, but another CM told me I can't do that without my package already being booked"

As she did give accurate information there is a standard that comes along with being in customer service. Now, as we all have bad days, ppl know when they are just being snippy and snarky. There was no need for her to be so snippy and trying to belittle the fact that OP used the term ADR. I have worked in the customer service field for years and never had a used a superior tone to correct someone to make it seem that I know more than them. Not only that but she said that she has been there for years and heard it a few times, so go along with it....not that hard lady!! This kind of attitude is completely unacceptable and if I heard one of my employees talking to one of our customers like this you could bet your bottom dollar that I would be "coaching" them outback. We should not get used to a poor level of service and also not be afraid to demand it. I would have asked for her supervisor.

Exactly SASSYLASSY. The point of the post wasn't that she was giving bad information (though her take on the changes to the DDP didn't ring very likely to me). The point was how she presented herself. Like I was bothering her. It's no secret that as a customer service rep, you are EXPECTED to provide good service which includes not only giving good info, but being nice while doing so. Afterall, you are the "face" of the organization to that customer at that given moment.

That is HILARIOUS!

Seriously, why do people like this want to work for DISNEY?? If my job required me to say "have a magical day" or whatever, I'd jump off a bridge.

Disney is always hiring. Times get hard, and people get desperate. They think it will be just to get them by for the time being. They get a full time position. Disney offers insurance. Its rates are horrible, but if you have kids you need insurance. The pay rate isn't great, but if you work 50 hours a week, you can get by. You want to leave, but need the insurance. If you jump through the ropes, take the classes, they then offer you a management position. You have vision of money symbols, corner offices, and the easy life. HAHAHA. All you've agreed to is a flat salary for 40-60 hours a week of work, more problems, and more stress. You feel a bit fancy with your blackberry, but really its just a leash, so the area manager(your boss) can get to you at any time, any day. Congrats, you are now a slave to the mouse, and can't escape.

Me, no, but I've seen it many times over.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?d...128&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=4

Makes me want to plan another trip because I want Sybil to answer!!! Too bad we don't know her name. We could request her when we need a laugh.

Disney is always hiring. Times get hard, and people get desperate. They think it will be just to get them by for the time being. They get a full time position. Disney offers insurance. Its rates are horrible, but if you have kids you need insurance. The pay rate isn't great, but if you work 50 hours a week, you can get by. You want to leave, but need the insurance. If you jump through the ropes, take the classes, they then offer you a management position. You have vision of money symbols, corner offices, and the easy life. HAHAHA. All you've agreed to is a flat salary for 40-60 hours a week of work, more problems, and more stress. You feel a bit fancy with your blackberry, but really its just a leash, so the area manager(your boss) can get to you at any time, any day. Congrats, you are now a slave to the mouse, and can't escape.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?d...128&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=4
Wow! Tell us the truth....you used to be Eeyore at WDW and you have gotten way to into character. Sorry you are so bummed about Disney.

Wow! Tell us the truth....you used to be Eeyore at WDW and you have gotten way to into character. Sorry you are so bummed about Disney.

Nope, I've just seen it up close. I'm not bummed about disney. Its still fun to go with fellow cast members I know get me in free. Knowing insiders just shows you whats under the magic you see on the outside.

I got a good laugh reading all the posts on this thread. I made some ADR's today as well as a few weeks ago. I never said ADR's but I did stay dining reservations and not a single CM said anything to me. The first one I had was a hoot and I loved talking to her. When I couldn't get decent breakfast ADR's for Chef Mickey's she asked me if we had ever done the character breakfast at O'Hana's. I said we hadn't and she said that one was her favorite because it wasn't quite as busy as Chef Mickey's and had excellent food. So we got 8:30 am ADR's. I was able to get ADR's about the time I wanted all of them.

The gal today was very nice too but wasn't the outgoing transplanted New Yorker from Queens that I talked to the first time. One of my dearest friends is a New Yorker from Queens so in a way I felt like I was talking to her.

I remember being explained that the reservation was not a reservation, because we were not guaranteed that time, just as close to that time as they could get us. This was when it was PS, then ADR. I never realized that they changed it again. I would think, they would let us know. We only go 3 times a year.:rotfl2:

Quote:
Originally Posted by just another guy

Holy crap, imagine that, it's just like any other job.

EXACTLY!;)

Nope, I've just seen it up close. I'm not bummed about disney. Its still fun to go with fellow cast members I know get me in free. Knowing insiders just shows you whats under the magic you see on the outside.

Seen it up close too and still love.:goodvibes A job is what you make it.

Overly-serious or not, it appears the Cast Member being disparaged here provided some GOOD, factual information to the OP. Disney doesn't call your dining arrangements ADR, PS, any other acronym, or the full terms those acronyms represent. They DO call your dining plans "reservations" - and then explain to you exactly what that means ("arrive x minutes early, check in, be seated at the next available...").

Actually, at Disneyland, when you call Disney Dining, they call them Priority Seatings, and they specifically told me "this is not a reservation." More than once.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter