You eat with your eyes first don't you? 'Ohana 5/1

Well thank goodness DD11 felt better after a nap! I think she rode too much at DHS the day before!!! We went swimming for a bit and then got ready for our dinner at Cali Grill:woohoo: all I can say is hands down best meal at WDW thus far:worship: it is a very close 2nd to my and DH's V&A meal in 2011. The view was gorgeous and we had a great view of Wishes. I cannot wait to go back with DH this Christmas!!! Tomorrow is a morning in AK, and the afternoon/night at MK. We moved our Crystal Palace breakfast to a lunch as well!

I'm so glad your DD felt better after resting! And glad you enjoyed your Cali Grill dinner. It's a very nice restaurant.

You know I was thinking...you had mentioned the shake at Sci Fi didn't taste right. Perhaps this is what made her sick???

I have never eaten at Kouzzina, but I agree that Olivia's is outstanding. Glad you switched your ressie.
It was so delicious! We will definitely eat at Olivia's again!!!
I'm so glad your DD felt better after resting! And glad you enjoyed your Cali Grill dinner. It's a very nice restaurant. You know I was thinking...you had mentioned the shake at Sci Fi didn't taste right. Perhaps this is what made her sick???
Cali Grill is just outstanding!!! I wish we could eat there every night:cloud9: we all tried the shake at Sci Fi, but she's the only one that got sick:confused: I really think it was all the riding she did on tower of terror (she rode it 4 times in a row). I think it flip flopped her little belly too much! She's really tiny for her age (16th percentile).

Cali Grill is just outstanding!!! I wish we could eat there every night:cloud9: we all tried the shake at Sci Fi, but she's the only one that got sick:confused: I really think it was all the riding she did on tower of terror (she rode it 4 times in a row). I think it flip flopped her little belly too much! She's really tiny for her age (16th percentile).

Oh yeah, that's a lot of ToT! My niece is also very tiny for her age, I understand what you're saying. She will be 11 in september.

Oh yeah, that's a lot of ToT! My niece is also very tiny for her age, I understand what you're saying. She will be 11 in september.

Must have been because she's been fine ever since! Ate her whole steak and almost all her kid sushi at Cali Grill last night. Today, however, she didn't eat at Crystal Palace for lunch and only had some white rice and 4 nuggets at 11pm. She's just not hungry:confused3 I'm not going to force her to eat, as long as she's hydrated I'm happy.

Im following along! It's funny how you can just get sick one day and be fine another! Good to hear that she is feeling better, nothing is worse than being sick at disney (or on any vacation for that matter!).. Sometimes I get randomly not hungry too - hopefully it doesnt mean that she is getting sick again!

Im following along! It's funny how you can just get sick one day and be fine another! Good to hear that she is feeling better, nothing is worse than being sick at disney (or on any vacation for that matter!).. Sometimes I get randomly not hungry too - hopefully it doesnt mean that she is getting sick again!

:welcome: Kids are so resilient!!!!:thumbsup2

Yesterday was a great day:woohoo: We slept in, after deciding not to go to AK this trip, then arrived at MK around 2pm. We shopped along Main Street until it was time for the new Festival of Fantasy Parade...which was SO GOOD!!!:thumbsup2 I took a ton of pics:) We then had our Crystal Palace ADR lunch and it was also very good and the characters were all in GREAT "form";)

We rode everything we wanted to get in since it was our last park day:sad1: FP+ worked great and DD11 and I got to switch magic bands with DD19 and DM to ride BTMRR twice:thumbsup2 DD19 had a bit of heat exhaustion, which she gets fairly easily, so she wasn't in a riding mood for a bit today.

The one MAJOR disappointment of this entire trip happened this night. We had an 8:50pm ADR at Tony's. The SpectroMagic "traffic" was INSANE:crowded: this night, and we gave ourselves 30 minutes to get there too:scared1: We arrived about 10-15 minutes late, which is our "grace period" window, and we were TURNED AWAY!!!:eek: The CM at the host stand said the kitchen was already closing and we could not be seated. I was seriously shocked and mighty upset:mad: I am planning on calling WDW dining today to let them know about how rudely we were treated. I have never experience that kind of treatment in ALL of my years going to WDW, and that's 38 years!!!:sad2:

Today my Dsis-in-law and Dniece are coming down to spend the day/night with us and we are SUPER excited:hyper: We plan to swim and do some DTD shopping and have dinner together this evening....but where????

I'm so sorry your daughter was ill but it sounds as though you got wonderful treatment :)

Wow I can't believe Tony's turned you away, that's terrible!!

I can honestly say our worst ever dining experience in 6 trips was at Tony's... we will not ever go back. We were treated like second class citizens by the hostess, our server was terrible and the food awful. There is nothing I hate worse than entering a near empty restaurant and being taken to the swinging door by the kitchen. I will always be very polite but will not sit there when so many other tables are obviously open :headache:. Were were moved to a table not much better and then ignored by our server. So won't be going there again.

Sorry you had that experience.

Check your credit card when you get back to make sure you weren't charged as no show at Tony's!

I'm sorry you were treated so rudely at Tony's. We've never been there and don't plan on going there. Being Italian and from NYC, we think we would be disappointed. We only eat Italian food at Epcot in the Italy pavilion, otherwise we avoid it on vacation because we expect the same as our favorite places here and it just doesn't usually happen.

Anyway, I hope they didn't charge your credit card as a no show. Double check that with Disney Dining.

I'm so sorry your daughter was ill but it sounds as though you got wonderful treatment :) Wow I can't believe Tony's turned you away, that's terrible!!
Grand Floridian was really wonderful to us! Tonys on the other hand will not be getting any business from me or my family anytime ever!
I can honestly say our worst ever dining experience in 6 trips was at Tony's... we will not ever go back. We were treated like second class citizens by the hostess, our server was terrible and the food awful. There is nothing I hate worse than entering a near empty restaurant and being taken to the swinging door by the kitchen. I will always be very polite but will not sit there when so many other tables are obviously open :headache:. Were were moved to a table not much better and then ignored by our server. So won't be going there again. Sorry you had that experience.
Sorry you guys had a bad time too:confused: we will never go back and that's for sure! I haven't had a chance to call dining burin will tomorrow for sure!
I know I am late to this celebration, but I am in! Can't wait to see the pictures
:welcome:
Check your credit card when you get back to make sure you weren't charged as no show at Tony's!
most definitely am going to!!!
I'm sorry you were treated so rudely at Tony's. We've never been there and don't plan on going there. Being Italian and from NYC, we think we would be disappointed. We only eat Italian food at Epcot in the Italy pavilion, otherwise we avoid it on vacation because we expect the same as our favorite places here and it just doesn't usually happen. Anyway, I hope they didn't charge your credit card as a no show. Double check that with Disney Dining.
We are Italian too and it had the same concerns. Figured it's Disney and most Disney food is good. So glad we didn't eat there after all tho!!!

I am in for sure! Congratulations on your remission, how wonderful!!

Can't wait to see your photos and read the reviews!

We are Italian too and it had the same concerns. Figured it's Disney and most Disney food is good. So glad we didn't eat there after all tho!!!

We loved Via Napoli in Italy on our last trip. The boys had spaghetti and meatballs and loved it (they're picky too about it, lol!). DH and I shared pizza and it was absolutely delicious. This, coming from me, a pizza snob from Brooklyn, NY! The pizza reminded me of Lombardi's, the first pizzeria in America which is located in our Little Italy in manhattan. Loved it there! It was recommended to me by a colleague who had gone to both Via Napoli and Tutto Italia with her husband and father on a WDW trip...her father grew up in Italy and she also lived there for a while...she recommended both to us. On our July trip, we are going to Tutto Italia for dinner for the first time. I have read here that Tutto is better for Italian entrees, while the best thing at Via Napoli is the pizza. Really looking forward to Tutto!

Surprise dinner at Rainforest Cafe in DTD....really cute place....but loud so far! And it's the people, not the thunderstorm inside lol!

Surprise dinner at Rainforest Cafe in DTD....really cute place....but loud so far! And it's the people, not the thunderstorm inside lol!

Haha! We ate at one in Niagara Falls once when my big one was only 15 months old. It was our first vacation as parents. It was cute!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter