• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

You eat with your eyes first don't you? 'Ohana 5/1

Driving home to VA! I feel so bad for the boys who packed my Avalanche today! That sucker is FULL!!! We will be stopping overnight somewhere. I can't wait to get these pics uploaded and starry my report!!!

We loved Via Napoli in Italy on our last trip. The boys had spaghetti and meatballs and loved it (they're picky too about it, lol!). DH and I shared pizza and it was absolutely delicious. This, coming from me, a pizza snob from Brooklyn, NY! The pizza reminded me of Lombardi's, the first pizzeria in America which is located in our Little Italy in manhattan. Loved it there! It was recommended to me by a colleague who had gone to both Via Napoli and Tutto Italia with her husband and father on a WDW trip...her father grew up in Italy and she also lived there for a while...she recommended both to us. On our July trip, we are going to Tutto Italia for dinner for the first time. I have read here that Tutto is better for Italian entrees, while the best thing at Via Napoli is the pizza. Really looking forward to Tutto!
I had Via Napoli on our list for this trip, but the F&G booths sufficed our bellies lol!

Did you have the cupcake with the maple frosting and candied bacon on top? I saw photos of it online and it looked soooooo good! :)
The bacon was in the cake part, it had crushed pretzels on top....the cake was not good by itself, but with the sinfully good maple frosting, it was yummy!

The bacon was in the cake part, it had crushed pretzels on top....the cake was not good by itself, but with the sinfully good maple frosting, it was yummy!

I'll bet it was a nice combo...pancakes with bacon and maple syrup (on the bacon as well) is one of my favorite breakfasts...so that cupcake sounds delicious!

I'll bet it was a nice combo...pancakes with bacon and maple syrup (on the bacon as well) is one of my favorite breakfasts...so that cupcake sounds delicious!
The bacon wasn't good....definitely not sweetened. It was the sad WDW bacon and was chewy in the cupcake. The frosting saved the day....er the cupcake:lol:

I am home and it's such a bittersweet feeling! Will start uploading pics tonight!!!!:woohoo: lots to share with you all!

:upsidedowOur first night in WDW is always dinner at 'Ohana during Wishes:yay: This was my Aunt, Uncle, and 2 cousins first time ever dining here. There were 8 of us total. Our ADR was for 8:30 and we checked in about 8:20. We were seated by 8:40.:thumbsup2
I was in desperate need of an adult beverage after a day and a half of driving, so I headed over here...

And got one of my faves...

A Glowtini - SKYY Infusions Citrus Vodka, Peach Schnapps, Blue Curaçao, and Pineapple Juice with a Sugared Rim and a souvenir Glow Cube - REALLY strong and REALLY good...just what I needed to relax a little

Onto the food!!!!:cool1:
First up...the bread...

Sorry that it is broken already, but we were STARVING ;) The bread was delicious as always, but we didn't eat much as we didn't want to fill up on it. We all knew what was coming:p

Next was the salad...

Why oh why did they change the dressing?:confused3 It was still good, but the original honey-lime dressing was MUCH better. Everything in the salad was very crisp and fresh.

The side dishes and appetizers arrived next...

Broccoli, noodles, potstickers:cloud9:, and sticky chicken wings - Everything was hot and fresh! The noodles were good, the chicken wings were YUMMY, but the shining star are the POTSTICKERS...oh my goodness we ordered extra of these suckers:rotfl: They were my one cousins favorite thing and he must've eaten about 15 of them!

Here's a close up of the sticky wings and potstickers...

Next up...MEAT and SHRIMP...

My DM and DAunt have to watch their sodium intake. The chef came out to talk to them about what she could do for them and this is what they each received...

Chicken, pork, and steak for the meats. Mixed vegetables with no broccoli, and white rice. The small plate has plain chicken wings that were served with a low sodium teriyaki sauce that both my DM and DAunt LOVED:dance3: They had extra of that sauce and dipped just about everything in it! They were able to have the shrimp from the skewers as they are not marinated over night like the other meats in the "regular" marinades that have a larger dose of sodium in them.

And here is some meat...

The top piece is pork and the other 2 pieces are steak on DD11's plate. She was very pleased with both:thumbsup2 My relatives said all 3 meats were very juicy and flavorful. The steak was cooked to a perfect medium, so everyone was happy:)

My plate of shrimp...

So so so so good! Now what you're not seeing, is the massive pile of shrimp shells behind my fork:lmao: I showed no mercy in eating these little suckers!

And finally...dessert:woohoo:

Coconut pineapple bread pudding with vanilla ice cream and bananas foster sauce (in the small pot). The server DID ask if she could pour the sauce for us, which we declined so I could take a picture;) This is by far my favorite dessert in all of WDW::yes:: I am a huge bread pudding fan and this takes the cake for me (pun intended:rotfl:) It's the perfect balance of flavors and just the right amount of sweetness for me. Everyone LOVED this and we actually went through 3 servings between the 8 of us!:p

Here is a picture of the grill...

All in all, my whole family thoroughly enjoyed 'Ohana!:thumbsup2 We had a beautiful view of Wishes and the grill. The service was pretty slow, but we could've cared less. We were there to enjoy a leisurely meal, enjoy Wishes, and catch up with family;) We will definitely be back next trip!!

I, and the rest of our party, rate 'Ohana a 9/10!!!

Love your review! I also love how Disney goes the extra mile to assist with special diets. They really take everything into consideration so that people could still enjoy their vacation and not have to worry about whether they could eat at certain restaurants. I'm very sensitive to this due to DS9's food allergies. We feel safe vacationing at WDW because of how they handle this. And they make DS feel like a king...at Yachtsman Steakhouse last time, they even made him a special side dish because he could eat the french fries. The chef made him roasted potatoes that look and taste like fries (I make these all the time at home and he loves them). It makes it much easier for him to deal with having food allergies when he is treated so nicely.

The glowtini looks amazing. I had a magical star cocktail on our last trip, and it was delicious...that glow cube is pretty cool. I find that Disney restaurants and lounges make very good mixed drinks. Drinks I wouldn't normally have unless on vacation!

Looking forward to more!! :)

Ohana is our first meal when we arrive in July! I am so looking forward to it. The pictures are wonderful and I can't wait for my first plate of pot stickers, as they are by far my favorite part of the meal!!! YUM :yay:

That's awesome news about your health!!! We are staying at SOG at the end of the month, so I'm looking forward to all your reviews!

Thanks for your reviews. I'm enjoying reading them. I wouldn't feel bad about missing Tonys. The food there is horrible!! It's a shame because it's a cute restaurant.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter