Worst meal of my life!

Hey, everyone is entitled to their opinion!:) We're booking 1900 Park Fare for our Xmas vacation. Thanks for the feedback, but we're going there to see (well, I'm not, the kids are) Cinderella. I agree to a certain extent that Disney's food isn't all that great, esp. for the price. But honestly, we go to Disney for the attractions, not the food. It's 6 months away, but I'm already bracing myself for constant whining about the food from the picky people in my life! Maybe next time will be better!

We have ressies there for our Christmas vacation as well. This will be our third time to eat there. I am sad to hear of the OP's poor experience, but we have never had a bad experience at Park Faire. In fact, we really like the food there and have always received wonderful service. Actually, we have been fortunate to never have a bad meal at Disney. :goodvibes

That's good to hear! Heck, I'll try anything once! And for us, it's the experience, not the food, we're interested in. As long as it's fairly edible, I personally don't care! As long as Cinderella & the Prince visit our princess, we'll be satisfied! Enjoy your trip!

Hi CanuckMom

I just read through your post. I AGREE!! We went to 1900 Park Fare once for breakfast, once for dinner. HORRIBLE. We will never go again. For the $$...........

Another place we tried a couple of times and will never go back to is Crystal Palace. HATE IT. The first time we went just b/c of Pooh. Several trips later we were so hungry so we gave it a second chance. The food is unrecognizable. And the tables, carpet were sticky and dirty both times.

We went to CRT for breakfast once. The waiter made my husband so angry I don't even mention that place in polite company. The servers need to be trained in sensitivity. Some people don't appreciate insulting humor.

All of the places you have listed, I love! We have done 1900 Park Fare twice , and it is our absolute favorite place for dinner. We found the character interaction to be wonderful, and the food quite good. Prime rib, mushroom raviloi, yummy! I have eaten breakfast three times at the Crystal Palace, and once at the Castle. I found the breakfast food at CP a step above normal breakfast buffets, but I am not too sure about the food at the Castle. I was nominated to video my sis's kids, so I didn't get to eat much.

I don't doubt that you were not impressed with your meals, but I have found the bad ones to be few and far between. With the number of people each place serves in a day, I am amazed at how well they do.

Guess everyone is different, we really enjoyed the food at 1900 Park Fare. But I have to say, I have NEVER heard of a waiter at Disney acting the way yours did... it honest to God makes me kind of question your story. And come on? A kid and mother hater? Okay.

You'd probably enjoy talking to my fiance's aunt and uncle, since they claim that all of Disney food is like eating fast food and it's not good.

Hi Canuck..It looks like you had some bad luck with your meal pics.. We had several wonderful meals at WDW (California Grill and Jiko) in Dec and also went to 1900's Park Fare...We didn't care for it either.. It may have been because it was such a contrast to the great meals we had.. 9 Dragons generally gets ad reviews...We didn't hate it but it tasted like the chinese food we can get in 20 different restaurants in our area..
The only buffets I like are Biergarden(again not fine dining,but good) and Boma..I try to stay away from buffets

I am so sorry you had a bad experience at 1900 Park Fare. It was hands down our favorite buffet. Our server Jill was Awesome! The interaction was great. And the food was perfect. With the exception of the Prime Rib I like mine Med Rare and it was not there. Small thing. I truly wish you had had the experience we had because this is on our must do list for our next trip.

We ate at the Sci Fi at MGM last week. The food was awful. The atmosphere is OK but the food was not edible. If I had not been on the DDP I would have walked out and refused to pay the $95 the meal for 4 people would have cost had we not been on the plan.

We did however enjoy our character lunch at the Crystal Palace. And the food at The Wilderness Lodge is wonderful.

it's food for the masses and not fine dining whatever establishment you choose.
You don't go there for the food anyway.

I tend to agree with this generally speaking.

I live in the suburbs of a major city and better food than Disney is available all around me. I've been around these boards for quite some time and I've always felt that people make too big a deal about Disney dining in general. However, we always do a TS meal every day and like to try new places. Why? Mostly because we gotta eat, the "magic atmosphere" is generally there and it's just plain fun. It's really not about the food itself (which isn't to say I haven't had anything that's really good - I have).

Just my 2 cents!

We ate at the 1900 Park Fare last year and felt the exact same way about the food. The only reason we chose this place was because they have Cinderella and Prince Charming. I don't agree that just because it is a buffet the food should be expected to be so/so. We absolutely LOVE Crystal Palace which is another buffet but always excellent. From reading the post that started this thread and looking at the restaurants - it looked like you had the misfortune to eat at the wrong restaurants. We had Backlot Express this year and thought it was some of the worst food we experienced.

Disney has some great food choices. Carefully read the reviews posted and some of the books out offer great ratings.

Some of the best (in my opinion):

Crystal Palace (best place ever)
Cinderella's Royal Table (expensive at 2 TS credits, though)
Coral Reef (order the right thing - steak is great)
O'hana

Counter service: ABC Commissary is the better choice for MGM, although there is not a great CS restaurant here.

Columbia Harbour House (MK) or Main St. Bakery (MK), Flame Tree BBQ (AK) or Tusker House (AK), and Epcot is a toss up because it depends on what you like - I can't pick a favorite CS here.

Before you decide not to eat at WDW, please try some different places. There really are some great choices out there. Check the menus on disboards.

Just wanted to say that we did 1900 Park Fare at Easter and thought the food was awful. Just so bleak. Yuck. I will never go there again (and this was my second trip there).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter