WORST DISNEY DINING EXPERIENCE

I haven't had any 'worst dining experiences' that involved terrible food, or horrible service....we've been lucky, and pretty impressed with almost everything we've tried.

Our visit to Garden Grill didn't start off great, as we waited for nearly 45 minutes past our reservation time (with a 2 and 5 year old, and four adults). We were also originally seated at a table for 2 I think :laughing:. We requested to move, and the remainder of our evening was great - food, character interaction and service.

Our last trip, we tried Via Napoli, which while good, was extremely crowded and rushed.....what made it our "worst", was that we were charged for the meal, even though we were on the dining plan. It turned out to be a $180 touch. When we called Disney (once we were home and I noticed this), they were unable to do anything about it. It was our last meal before we left, so I didn't bother checking DDP credits. I will be paying closer attention on our next trip.

We've had some great food, and great experiences on our four DW trips :thumbsup2. Our best meals over the last couple of trips were breakfast at H&V and CRT, lunch at Mama Melrose and supper at the Grand Floridian Cafe and The Wave
So you were charged because you had no credits left? Otherwise that isn't acceptable.

We really enjoyed our dinner at Via Napoli last trip, but we asked to be seated outside because it was so LOUD at our original table inside. We were lucky enough to sit on the patio in great weather as the sun went down, so very nice.

So you were charged because you had no credits left? Otherwise that isn't acceptable.

We really enjoyed our dinner at Via Napoli last trip, but we asked to be seated outside because it was so LOUD at our original table inside. We were lucky enough to sit on the patio in great weather as the sun went down, so very nice.

No, they charged us instead of using our last dining credits (it was our last meal), and unfortunately, I didn't notice it. The meal itself was very good, but paying for a meal and losing those last credits sucked :mad:

Our first dining experience ever at WDW was at Planet Hollywood's back when it was Downtown Disney. We were expecting Disney magic but what we got was a music level so loud we literally could not hear one another speak. The food was good and decor was fun but the fact that we couldn't discuss it ruined it for me.

I have to say I had dined at Tony's in the past and thought it was fine but we just did the parade package a few weeks ago and I couldn't eat some of my food it was that bad. Entree was fine thank goodness but I see why everyone complains about how horrible it is. I really couldn't understand how they could ruin some of what we ordered.

No, they charged us instead of using our last dining credits (it was our last meal), and unfortunately, I didn't notice it. The meal itself was very good, but paying for a meal and losing those last credits sucked :mad:
Did the waiter understand you were on the dining plan? And didn't you have to sign the slip for being charged? I am trying to understand how they can make that mistake so it doesn't happen to me! Thanks!

Did the waiter understand you were on the dining plan? And didn't you have to sign the slip for being charged? I am trying to understand how they can make that mistake so it doesn't happen to me! Thanks!

We told them we had the dining plan when we ordered. My hubby is the one who signed (which you do regardless, as we were charging things to our room during the trip). The wait for the cheque and to pay was ridiculous....I took our smaller two outside, and our oldest needed to go to the bathroom, so I just think my DH wasn't paying that close of attention. Then we checked out, and he a number of other costs charged to the room (BBB visits, alcohol and gratuities, gift shop items, etc), so a $600+ bill at cheque out wasn't a surprise. I didn't notice until we were already at home, and I was reconciling our cc statements. That was our last meal of our last trip (second time on dining plan) and we'd never had any issues, so I just wasn't paying close enough attention. Lesson learned :rolleyes1

Nastiest restaurant was Hollywood & Vine for dinner. Absolutely filthy, worse than Shoneys on the all you can eat seafood buffet night! The floor was incredibly sticky and there was food everywhere. The entire time we were there 6PMish ADR, there wasn't a single table bussed, dirty dishes everywhere. Food was lukewarm at best, even the cold items.

Worst tasting food was Tony's waaaaaaaay back when. The pasta sauce tasted worse than jarred an IDK what type of meat they used in the netball but it was gray. Never going back.

agree with this 100%. hollywood and vine is a joke. we went for a holiday dinner and the food was so terrible. i ended up eating tater tots off the kids buffet. i am easy to please and have literally loved every other place i have been in disney, but this place is a sham.

The worst experience I have had was at Tony's Town Square. The food was great, but our waiter was very rude. She was unpleasant during dinner, but we brushed it off as we were trying to have a nice/fun evening (obviously) and not let it bother us, but when she brought the bill to the table (we were on the dining plan) we signed it and wrote in her tip and waited for the waitress to bring back our copy of the check... well she came back about 10 minutes later, literally threw the bill (in the black bill fold thingy) onto the table and said "I don't know what you want me to do with that, it won't run". After asking her what she meant since it should've went right through, she said "your dinner processed but it won't charge the gratuity", she shrugged her shoulders with a scold on her face, turned and walked away before we could even say anything. I honestly couldn't believe it, considering I had never been spoken to or treated that way by a cast member ever.

We don't love most of the food at Disney, but that's just because it's not our style. We prefer food that isn't mass produced, and is full of flavor, but we're not at Disney for a culinary experience, we're there because we have a 7 year old.

Our very first meal at Disney was T-Rex. We started off on a bad note because it was freezing inside, and chaotic. The noise was off the charts, worse than an elementary school cafeteria. This is a problem for me due to some hearing loss, but I can usually get by with context and lip reading, but it's also so dark in there that I couldn't see the server's face well enough, nor could I hear enough of what he was saying to figure out the words I wasn't processing. While we waited for our food, the meteor shower took place, and DD was absolutely terrified. The noise, the even more dimmed lights. It wasn't fun or cool. The food was meh at best, but exactly what we expected, so no fault there. It's not something we'd repeat.

We also didn't care for CRT. It's just not worth the price/credits.

Lunch at BOG. Overpriced school cafeteria food in an overcrowded, overloud environment.
This this this. BOG lunch was so awful I almost canceled our BOG breakfast. Mushy sandwiches, limp fries, crowded chaos. No thanks, never again. Breakfast, however, was one of our favorite meals on property.

Ohana dinner was our worst. The only thing we ended up liking was the noodles but even they were dry (salad was ok too). My family enjoyed dessert, but I personally hate bread pudding and caramel so I knew I wouldn't. We were there for breakfast and loved it, and were excited about dinner. The wings were horrible, steak was overdone, chicken and shrimp were both chewy. We even tried all the main courses again from another skewer thinking it'd be better but it wasn't. Our waiter was fantastic though!

It is funny how different people are though. Most everyone here hates chef mickeys, but it's one of our favorites. Not that all the food is amazing but there are a couple really good things and we just love the atmosphere. I love the short ribs, carved meat, and eggplant in particular. Yeah, I've had some things I've hated the 3/4 times I've been there, but just got something else and didn't eat what I didn't like.

Lunch at BOG. Overpriced school cafeteria food in an overcrowded, overloud environment.
I could not agree more, I know people rant and rave about this place but I find that the food is very subpar, not much on the menu that kids will eat and I really expected more out of the venue. Very underwhelmed with the whole experience.

The worst experience in recent memory was at BOG (dinner), but it was just because we had a terrible server who ignored us. We had eaten there two days earlier at the very same table with a different server and had a fantastic time (as well as two other dinners on different trips that were also great).

our worst dining experience was a complete shock...

we've been going to WDW since 1974 with almost universally outstanding service in the restaurants..

which is why what happened to us at rose and crown took us by surprise...

we had eaten there before, always enjoying the service...
but not on this trip..
it started out fine..
the waitress was as friendly as the CMs always are...
smiling, friendly...
then she asked us where we're from..
and that was it...
she stopped talking to us..
stopped refilling out drinks..
stopped smiling...
only looking our way to give us dirty nasty looks...
if looks could kill, we'd have been dead on the spot..

the service was so shocking and disturbing that as we were leaving the restaurant (after illuminations was over), i sought out the manager and told her about what had transpired...
i have never complained to a restaurant manager at WDW before..
i've only spoken with managers to praise the actions of CMs, not to complain..

but this was so disturbing, i had to speak up..

and in fact, it was so upsetting, we headed over to guest services to let them know what had happened..
again, we had NEVER ever complained about a CM to guest services before, but we felt it was very important to do so in this case...

the CM deserved to be fired for her behavior, though i doubt she was....
and given that she was probably on one of those foreign exchange programs, i don't know if WDW even has the ability to fire them...
perhaps she was reprimanded...
maybe they told her to shape up...
or at least explain to her the american way of serving all guests, not just the ones you're not bigoted against...

anyway...it was upsetting, distressing, disturbing...
and we will never eat at rose and crown again....(burned once, shame on you....etc etc..)

This thread has been very interesting. I love a good car wreck. And the varying impressions on the dining is amazing! A few take-away's.
1. Goes without saying, everyone has a different style of food they prefer.
2. Even the best restaurant's can have an off plate. Or the worst present a stellar meal. Shockingly enough I have had excellent experiences at Tony's.
3. Even at the Happiest Place on Earth, you don't know what that CM is dealing with. Most of them have great team's and take the magic very seriously. But there is a fair percentage where this could just be another Chili's.

Worst dining experience for us was Crystal Palace for dinner.

CRAZY Busy. Awful food. Cheap American Buffet for $40 per adult. Character interactions were good, but don't go expecting stellar food.

Yeah, I was surprised how poor it has become. It was really good when we went about 10 years ago. I went there in 2013 and it was exactly as you describe.

push harder. they can certainly issue you a refund for that meal. Ask to speak to a supervisor. I hope you still have your receipts though.

our worst dining experience was a complete shock...

we've been going to WDW since 1974 with almost universally outstanding service in the restaurants..

which is why what happened to us at rose and crown took us by surprise...

we had eaten there before, always enjoying the service...
but not on this trip..
it started out fine..
the waitress was as friendly as the CMs always are...
smiling, friendly...
then she asked us where we're from..
and that was it...
she stopped talking to us..
stopped refilling out drinks..
stopped smiling...
only looking our way to give us dirty nasty looks...
if looks could kill, we'd have been dead on the spot..

the service was so shocking and disturbing that as we were leaving the restaurant (after illuminations was over), i sought out the manager and told her about what had transpired...
i have never complained to a restaurant manager at WDW before..
i've only spoken with managers to praise the actions of CMs, not to complain..

but this was so disturbing, i had to speak up..

and in fact, it was so upsetting, we headed over to guest services to let them know what had happened..
again, we had NEVER ever complained about a CM to guest services before, but we felt it was very important to do so in this case...

the CM deserved to be fired for her behavior, though i doubt she was....
and given that she was probably on one of those foreign exchange programs, i don't know if WDW even has the ability to fire them...
perhaps she was reprimanded...
maybe they told her to shape up...
or at least explain to her the american way of serving all guests, not just the ones you're not bigoted against...

anyway...it was upsetting, distressing, disturbing...
and we will never eat at rose and crown again....(burned once, shame on you....etc etc..)

not that it matters or makes it any more or less acceptable how you were treated but...
where the heck are you from??? I'm just dying of curiosity.

did anyone at Disney ever do anything more than listen to what you had to say?

Worst service and food is definitely T-Rex. We fell in love with it back in 2012. We went there twice and our servers were amazing and the food was cooked perfectly.

Last years experience was far from stellar. My son had to send his steak back 3 times and it was still not cooked right. I know I should have sent it back, but he was too tired and hungry and just decided to eat. I know I should have asked to speak with a manager, but we went there straight from arriving on property and I didn't feel like dealing with it. The poor service was definitely reflected in the tip.

We did have an issue with the in room pizza delivery, but the man at the front desk made sure we weren't charged for it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter