• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WORST DISNEY DINING EXPERIENCE

Goodbye Tony's, it was fun while it lasted.

I still need to send a letter regarding the cattle feed they served us at Tonys last September. That place is an abomination and should be torched by an angry mob to make the whole park better. Either that or bring in some competent kitchen staff and management that have experience in the food industry beyond using a can opener.

It used to be decent.... Never great but at least olive garden level.

Be Our Guest. They had regular coffee in the decaf machine. It set off my afib. Short of killing someone, that's about as bad as it gets.

I've never had a terrible dining experience at WDW, but the two worst for me would be Hollywood and Vine for lunch and Akershus.

The food at Hollywood and Vine was below par, even for Disney buffet standards. The character interaction and service were both ok, but not good enough to make up for the food.

Akershus is pretty much the opposite issue. Food was ok (though way overpriced IMO), but the character interaction was rushed and the worst of any character meal I've done.

Skipper Canteen from our trip this past November. We never heard about it before, but with limited options since we booked about a month after what would have been our 180 day date we decided

I had a steak and I couldn't cut it because it was so tough. Most of it ended up being fatty anyway. My sister had a noodle bowl and the noodles were under cooked. I thought dessert would redeem itself, but it just had an off taste. Maybe it was just me that time. Service was nice on the other hand. I felt bad for wasting food and we didn't have time to send it back since we had other plans after dinner and didn't want to risk missing them. That and I generally hate to complain. I'm a waitress at home every other weekend so I know what it's like.

Unless the menu changes, honestly I don't know what I would have ordered if the steak wasn't on there, I won't go back. That was probably poor planning on our part.
This is the one meal we did not like when we went this past June. We had a reservation for a dinner at BOG and changed to Skippers Canteen. We really just did not like the food and tried to eat as much as we could but left at least half of it. Like you we had plans afterwards so we didnt say anything or send it back. The waitress was awesome so none of it was her fault and we tipped as much as we always do. But we felt like we wasted our money and wished we had eaten at BOG.

Chef Mickeys. Everyone raved about it and we were so excited to eat there. The entire experience was a let down. Reservations were running behind. Food was so-so. BIRDS were perched above the buffet (gross). Server was very rushed and almost annoyed that we ordered drinks (probably because they were behind). Not relaxing. Not enjoyable. We have never gone back. WAY too many other options to try.

This is the one meal we did not like when we went this past June. We had a reservation for a dinner at BOG and changed to Skippers Canteen. We really just did not like the food and tried to eat as much as we could but left at least half of it. Like you we had plans afterwards so we didnt say anything or send it back. The waitress was awesome so none of it was her fault and we tipped as much as we always do. But we felt like we wasted our money and wished we had eaten at BOG.

We opted for BOG this time. Hopefully it's a lot better I wouldn't describe myself as an picky eater at all, but the only thing I liked were the mashed plantains. Everyone else I've talked to loved it and I feel like I'm crazy for not liking it. Luckily we had free dining, so it was more of a waste of a meal credit than it was money. We also tipped what we normally do. Sorry you didn't like yours either!

Just based on experience we are never going to Tusker House again for a character breakfast. The characters were not interested in the child at our table at all, it was so disappointing. We actually complained to the manager on our way out. We do 3-4 character breakfasts per trip so we didn't have unreasonable expectations; just characters that interact with children.

Reminder- personal tipping posts are not permitted and have been removed

We opted for BOG this time. Hopefully it's a lot better I wouldn't describe myself as an picky eater at all, but the only thing I liked were the mashed plantains. Everyone else I've talked to loved it and I feel like I'm crazy for not liking it. Luckily we had free dining, so it was more of a waste of a meal credit than it was money. We also tipped what we normally do. Sorry you didn't like yours either!
I thought maybe we were weird because we didnt like it, since everyone seems to love it lol.

Chef Mickeys. Everyone raved about it and we were so excited to eat there. The entire experience was a let down. Reservations were running behind. Food was so-so. BIRDS were perched above the buffet (gross). Server was very rushed and almost annoyed that we ordered drinks (probably because they were behind). Not relaxing. Not enjoyable. We have never gone back. WAY too many other options to try.
Ewww birds were perched above the buffet! I would be afraid to eat the food :crazy2:

Coral Reef, took them over 45 minutes for us to get seated. Yes I had a ADR

BOG (lunch), even though we had a resi, took about 40 minutes to get seated, our food took forever and my DD's food was inedible. Never again.

Cosmic Rays, gross food

Sci Fi, gross food

Trails End

• 40 minute wait outside (it was about 45 degrees that night because it was december).
  • Server barely paid attention to us and took forever to come back for the check and walked off before we could show him our APs so we had to wait another 10 minutes meanwhile he had stopped to chat with almost every other table in our section.
  • Very loud group next to us and when they were getting up they invited the son's friends in to take their table (son was about college aged).
  • Chef that was showing my GF boyfriend around was very rude to me because I came up to them with chili in the wrong type of plate.
  • When I placed the chili on the table and went back to the buffet they removed it before I had a chance to eat any.
  • Food wasn't good. Fried chicken was dry, baked potatoes were cold, mac and cheese was bland.
  • The red velvet bites for dessert were so dry and didn't taste like red velvet at all.
  • Plus it was very out of the way for us to go there in the first place since we were staying at AKL.
We also had terrible roast beef sandwiches at BoG during lunch in the past, and gross food and a waitress that wouldn't talk to or look at me only my boyfriend at Las Ventanas (breakfast was good though but we had the same waitress). Overall Trails End was the absolute worse though.

Ewww birds were perched above the buffet! I would be afraid to eat the food :crazy2:

It was very unsanitary. They must get in where the monorail enters the Contemporary.

Health concerns aside, I am terrified of birds, so it certainly didn't enhance the experience any. I dealt with them OK (they were in the Biergarten at EPCOT too, which we enjoyed), but...

Yak & Yeti

This restaurant has always been a must-do for us, I really do like dining there. But our last visit was rather awful.

We checked in about 10 minutes before our ADR time, and the hostess said we'd be seated shortly. Well, we waited and waited in clear view of her. Walk-ups came and were told 20 minutes. From what we observed, that was just about accurate. Many tables of walk-ups who arrived after us were seated before us, same party size and everything.

After a bit of that (30 minutes after we'd checked in), I went up to the stand to inquire. Mind you, the hostess had checked us in and could see us the entire time. We do stand out a bit because my son has a severe disability. I was very polite and asked how much longer it might be. She replied curtly that we'd be seated in a few minutes. We watched her after I sat back down. She had apparently shuffled our check-in slip under the papers at the desk. When she found it, she then placed it at the END of her queue of slips waiting to be seated. More than ten minutes later (45 minutes in all, 35 minutes after our ADR time) we were finally seated. No apology, nothing. She was clearly trying to cover up her mistake (or worse). My husband was fuming.

After that, the meal and service were fine, but had already been ruined for us by the rude treatment from the hostess. We wanted to fill out the comment card, but it mainly pertained to the quality of the food and the server. Our food was good and the server had done a fine job, and we didn't want to impugn him in the process.

But unfortunately we will not be returning to Yak & Yeti.

Last edited:
Be Our Guest. They had regular coffee in the decaf machine. It set off my afib. Short of killing someone, that's about as bad as it gets.
Yikes, that's terrible! I am so glad I read your post because we are having breakfast there on our trip in May and I am really caffeine sensitive as it causes anxiety attacks. Not as bad as nearly dying but it would totally ruin my day at the magic kingdom.

Yikes, that's terrible! I am so glad I read your post because we are having breakfast there on our trip in May and I am really caffeine sensitive as it causes anxiety attacks. Not as bad as nearly dying but it would totally ruin my day at the magic kingdom.

Frankly, I've always wondered if regular and decaf coffee got switched. I order decaf out, but I just feel better about not having the caffeine. I always wondered about the people for whom this was a big issue, though. So sorry you experienced it!
A real worst I had was at the former breakfast at Boatrights, POR. I think my server had had a bad break-up with her boyfriend. She was so rude! It was many years before I went back. Well, when I went back, I got a great server, delicious pancakes, and I vowed to return regularly. Unfortunately soon thereafter, they stopped serving breakfast.

Our worst on our trip was Akershus breakfast, which was also the most expensive.

The bacon was way undercooked and congealed into a big blob, so if you wanted a "slice", you basically had to saw a hunk off the blob. I am amazed that kind of thing makes it past what should be many quality filters (chef, manager, waitress...)

The whole meal was just incredibly underwhelming. My kids ate so little we ended up buying snacks not long after.

We've had mostly very, very good experiences with Disney food... some GREAT (V&A, Jiko). But the ones that stand out after 12-ish years of trips...
  • Ohana dinner: greasy, fatty, bland, horrible service
  • Tony's anytime: just no
  • Yak & Yeti: blah food, terrible service

After ten years of trips to WDW, we have been fortunate enough to not have any problems with service of any kind. Every server we have had has been cordial at worst to outstanding at best.

However, the food in some cases was one step above that stuff in a pouch that astronauts eat:

The absolute worst - Tony's Town Square. Remember in Ratatouille when Ego eats Remy's dish and is transported back to his childhood? Well it was the same with Tony's for me. First taste of their red sauce and I had a childhood flashback to eating Spaghetti-O's. Yes, that bad.

Runner up - Ohana. The waiter gave me four pieces of chicken from a skewer. One was burnt beyond recognition, one was chewy and fatty, one was burnt yet managed to retain its chewiness, and the last one looked like a gall bladder. If not for the bread pudding being good this meal would have initiated a call to the FDA

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter