WORST DISNEY DINING EXPERIENCE

I cannot remember if I posted this here or just in my review of the resturant. The worst meal I had had nothing to do with taste because the food was delicious. When I went to Morimoto Asia my mom was served her entree 45 minutes before i was served mine, while i got to see the same entree I ordered delivered to other tables. Compared to some stories here this doesn't even come close.

The other was mainly two disappointments at unannounced menu changes, last time i was at mnshhp when it was insanely hot all i was thikning of was those delcious make your own nachoes from pecos bills, it was quite disappointing to show up and see the menu and what was there now was kinda reminescent of cafeteria food. That same night while at CRT I also ran into a menu change expecting the nice shrimp and grits to find they were no longer offered either.

My friend who is a vegetarian ordered the veggie burger at Olivia's, she explained she was a vegetarian and didn't want the shrimp that came on it. The waitress brought it out with shrimp. My friend was polite in let her know she couldn't eat that, and the waitress just did not understand. She insisted that there was no meat, and that it was fine.
This is really upsetting anywhere but especially at Disney where they generally do such a phenomenal job of accommodating special dietary needs. And to have the waitress argue and suggest that shrimp is vegetarian is completely unacceptable.

Then when she did come over I explained that I am a vegetarian and asked if I could get the tofu veggie scramble instead of the meat as well as eggs and waffles that are not touching meat.
In the future when you make a reservation you may wish to tell them when you make it you are vegetarian if you didn't. It may help at places like O'hana where everyone pretty much gets served the same meal.

In the future when you make a reservation you may wish to tell them when you make it you are vegetarian if you didn't. It may help at places like O'hana where everyone pretty much gets served the same meal.
That is a really good point for people that don't know to mention it. I always have it noted on the reservation and make sure it is noted when we check in as well as telling our waiter the first chance I get.

For me, not even close, ESPN. Food is bad, the service is far and away the worst I have ever had. It used to be good. Last time there I sat with an empty drink for over an hour.

Yes. If you are going to a place with a fixed menu, definitely mention it in advance if you can.

I was thinking about this when I saw the new menu for Diamond Horseshoe since there are 3 choices and they are all meat. I thought that was bad planning on Disney's part to not make one entree vegetarian. I'm curious what they are providing for the vegetarians.

This is a first---someone putting a restaurant on their "Never again list" due to the appetizers being too big. Good Lord.
Not at Disney, but there are definitely restaurants we don't go to because the servings are too large. Especially places that serve family style. That's great if you are going with a large party and everyone wants to share but if there are only 2 or 3 of you and you don't all want to eat the same thing, it's really a waste, especially when you are on vacation and can't take the leftovers home.

As far as food and service go, I can't say I've ever had a truly awful experience. Chef Mickey's was the one restaurant we left feeling disappointed in the food, which reminded me of lukewarm TV dinners more than anything. Of course, I can't complain too much, because it just left more room for dessert. :cake:

There was one rather unpleasant experience at the Liberty Tree Tavern though. Which was due to a child at a table in an adjoining room screaming at the top of their lungs. ...Nonstop. ...For forty minutes.

They were still screaming even after we left so I don't know how long it went on afterwards.

We were far enough away that it was mostly loud background noise for us, but I really feel sorry for the other guests dining in the same room. I understand not wanting to cater to a child's tantrums, but out of courtesy to the other diners, I would have expected the parents to take the child out or do something...

While the food was good, our experience at Tony's Town Square was less than stellar. It was our first full day in a park, and we had been going since rope drop. Dinner was around 6 I think. We had a nice big table by the mirrored wall. We're a family of 6, and one of my DS was out cold. Down to five. Oops, one of us is an infant (3 mo at the time), Four. The first thing our waitress informed us about was that because of out party size, the gratuity would be included in the bill. First thing. She even added in, "I'm sure you're a great tipper." Thanks for noticing. I argued for a moment that ONE of us wasn't even taking up a seat and obviously wouldn't be ordering from the menu at that, and that another wasn't eating til breakfast. That got no where. I was going to ask for the manage (which in hindsight I should have), but I wanted to eat and get my family back to the hotel to sleep.

Akershus breakfast buffet. We were there at 8:30am, the buffet was literally bare... no fruit in the bowls, no yogurt, no cheeses, just cold fish that no one wanted to eat. And it didn't look appetizing (to say the least). The all you can eat plate they bring was bad. The potato casserole was VILE and had an off taste, like too much canola oil or something... a weird oil-that-had-turned kind of taste. Eggs were basic. Bacon was okay.

Princesses and service were lovely, and I know this is what you're paying for... but $90 for two adults with crappy food put this on my NEVER AGAIN list.

I have a thumbed through the whole thread but I thought the breakfast Cinderella's Castle was very pedestrian and I have to say Chef Mickey's was marginal and the noise level was nearly unbearable.

I've seen several speak about whispering Canyon but I absolutely love the food there.

Not at Disney, but there are definitely restaurants we don't go to because the servings are too large. Especially places that serve family style. That's great if you are going with a large party and everyone wants to share but if there are only 2 or 3 of you and you don't all want to eat the same thing, it's really a waste, especially when you are on vacation and can't take the leftovers home.

Again, this argument makes no sense. To say, "I'm never going there again" only bc of the serving size is ridiculous. Unless it was way too small. I get not being wasteful, but it's a very odd argument to make. Also, if you are at home, and you know you are going to a family sytle restaurant, wouldn't you expect the serving size to be large? I'm really just shaking my head at this.

To say, "I'm never going there again" only bc of the serving size is ridiculous.
I'm not sure why that is ridiculous. Why should I knowingly go to a restaurant where 2/3 of the food is going to have to go in the trash?

We've been to plenty of places that served insanely large portions that weren't family style restaurants. Just last weekend, we went to a local Italian place. I got Chicken Francese and it came with 3 large pieces of chicken. I ate one and took two home, which was okay since we were at home and could make use of the leftovers. Had I gotten that meal out of town, I would have been disappointed and would not be likely to return to that restaurant again.

Worst dining experience for us was Crystal Palace for dinner.

CRAZY Busy. Awful food. Cheap American Buffet for $40 per adult. Character interactions were good, but don't go expecting stellar food.

We were there during Food and Wine, and it was our first trip. Epcot was a wonderworld of awesome. We had scheduled CP so that we could all eat a fun character meal together, and it was the only one available. The woman in front of was shrilly yelling at her child about how there was no bad food at Disney... Except that "ethnic food" at Epcot. We all left thinking "Well, I guess we won't be battling them in line at the food kiosks. Lucky us?"

The only thing they are good for is PPO reservations, and maybe breakfast. I don't know, because we don't bother.

I've been reading all of these because I want to go to new restaurants during our August trip. I want to be sure to avoid any places I keep seeing repeated here. I don't now if many will agree, but our worst restaurant ever was Le Cellier. The food for my kids was bland as was mine and my husband's steak was dry. The service was Ok - nothing memorable. We went here with our candlelight processional package. I had always wanted to go and had pretty high expectations. My whole family was very disappointed. I realize that you need to be pretty flexable with many restaurants. Some you go to more for the atmosphere/entertainment than for exceptional food. We have always enjoyed dining around Disney - it's one of our favorite things to do! However, Le Cellier will not be a restaurant we ever return to.

I haven't had any 'worst dining experiences' that involved terrible food, or horrible service....we've been lucky, and pretty impressed with almost everything we've tried.

Our visit to Garden Grill didn't start off great, as we waited for nearly 45 minutes past our reservation time (with a 2 and 5 year old, and four adults). We were also originally seated at a table for 2 I think :laughing:. We requested to move, and the remainder of our evening was great - food, character interaction and service.

Our last trip, we tried Via Napoli, which while good, was extremely crowded and rushed.....what made it our "worst", was that we were charged for the meal, even though we were on the dining plan. It turned out to be a $180 touch. When we called Disney (once we were home and I noticed this), they were unable to do anything about it. It was our last meal before we left, so I didn't bother checking DDP credits. I will be paying closer attention on our next trip.

We've had some great food, and great experiences on our four DW trips :thumbsup2. Our best meals over the last couple of trips were breakfast at H&V and CRT, lunch at Mama Melrose and supper at the Grand Floridian Cafe and The Wave

Rain forest in downtown Disney. Horrible server, told us right off the bat that he'd get our drinks but not our order Bc it was change of shift. We sat for 30 minutes for him to come back for our order. The food was not worth the wait. Never again.

Back before it was a character meal, we booked Hollywood &a Vine and I remember it being like a run down Furr's. If it were a character meal then, I probably would have overlooked food quality.

Akershus lunch/dinner is just not my thing. My mom LOVES their food and has said it's her favorite on property. I can't stand it. Smell and taste are not for me. I told her I would still eat there if she wants to in future, but she can pick,both entrees and I will just eat off the appetizer bar! Lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter