WORST DISNEY DINING EXPERIENCE

We've been thinking about BOG for our next trip, but it sounds like people have had less than stellar experiences.
As with many Disney restaurants, there's more to the experience than the meal. We ate at BOG for the first time last year. I am very glad that we did. It was great to be able to get in and see the place in person. I had seen plenty of photos and videos but nothing beats experiencing it firsthand. Our meal was fine but nothing special and tremendously overpriced. It is not a place I would ever go to again but I'm not the slightest bit disappointed that we went there. I say go and enjoy viewing all of the theming and details which are really tremendous and well worth seeing. Consider that part of the value for the money you'll be spending.

Our worst experience was at Boardwalk Bakery. The food was great, however, the restaurant lacked signage of how the dining plan could be utilized there. The staff was clearly annoyed with all of the customers' (it was packed) dining plan questions and were very rude to the customers and each other. It was not a magical experience for us. :sad2:

While not my worst dining experience, I had a similarly off putting experience at Boardwalk Bakery last year. I was about 5 mins early for lunch & they were just ending their breakfast run. I was in line and when my turn at the counter came, I asked about the Lobster Roll. The CM just snapped and told me there was at least 3 more mins to go before they would be serving lunch & that he "wasn't going to deal with me". Way too confrontational when veins start to stand out in the neck & forehead. I like to think I took the high road and replied that I would simply stand to one side and wait until they were serving. I understand that they make the sandwiches fresh and that it was a few mins too early for what I wanted. I didn't understand the nastiness. And no sandwich is worth that kind of strange. While everyone is human and he was likely at the end of his shift and clearly having a bad day, it was not a pleasant experience. The lobster roll, after all that, wasn't that great. It was beautifully made with huge chunks of lobster. But there was little flavour. Maybe they sauced it lightly. By comparison, the Columbia Harbor House lobster roll had much more taste but of course had a lot of filler & mayo. I'm not in a hurry to try it again. I may pop in this Fall for a snack treat but no more lining up for a meal.

We've been thinking about BOG for our next trip, but it sounds like people have had less than stellar experiences. We will probably still try it, but maybe lower our expectations a little? Off topic, but love your avatar lovin'fl! Si and Am are my favorite characters and last year I bought a sketch of them from Art of Disney. The Siamese Cat song is even my ringtone right now...yeah I'm weird :upsidedow
I think it's worth a try. I'd try it again myself. I loved the Siamese cats and I have identical twin DDs so I always think of the 'we are Siamese' sung by them when my DDs have 'twinzee' moments.

I had clam chowder at Fulton's Crab and it had a huge clump of raw flour in it...that I thought was a big piece of potato. I put it in my mouth and chewed. It was awful. I told the waiter and he sent the chef out. Eek! The chef was very offended and not very nice and he insinuated that I was lying. Sounds so silly, but it put me off of Fulton's ever since.
I also found a big fly in the bottom of my cup of leek soup at Raglan Road...after I had eaten almost all of it. I haven't been able to eat there, either. I guess I don't have good luck with soup. LOL

Big River Brewery was an absolute horror.After sitting us in the July sun we asked for a table inside which seemed like a reasonable request.They sat us in a corner surounded by a huge group of very loud patrons.After a 40 minute wait the most dry,uneatable burgers I have ever had to choke down arrived.We elected to eat them so we could get out of there as soon as we could.Notifing the manager of the rudeness and slowness of the service did nothing but waste more of our time.

Big River Brewery was an absolute horror.After sitting us in the July sun we asked for a table inside which seemed like a reasonable request.They sat us in a corner surounded by a huge group of very loud patrons.After a 40 minute wait the most dry,uneatable burgers I have ever had to choke down arrived.We elected to eat them so we could get out of there as soon as we could.Notifing the manager of the rudeness and slowness of the service did nothing but waste more of our time.

I would have to agree -our meal there was pretty poor. Not horribly inedible, but we won't go back. Strange thing is, ESPN which I would have expected to be average at best ...was infinitely better than Big River.

Shoot. There go my plans to do a late dinner there on check in night of my F&W trip. We wanted to go to Chef Mickeys but will arrive too late to get off ME at BWV and then scoot over to CR.

There have been some over the past 40 years - Le Celier - don't know what the hype is about for a 2 credit meal. ON my most recent trip in January I would have to say Crystal Palace for dinner - not much of a selection compared to other buffets and he Wave - my file was ordered medium and came ou very well done - as dry a shoe leather - sent it back and it still came out well done. Also, anything in Animal Kingdom - just not my type of food.

Our waiter at Alfredo's stunk, literally.

We had the same thing happen at Via Napoli. Our server was a handsome young guy from Italy...who wore no deodorant, had the perspiration stains on his shirt and kept reaching over me to serve food, refill drinks, etc. I nearly hurled.:crazy2:

Shoot. There go my plans to do a late dinner there on check in night of my F&W trip. We wanted to go to Chef Mickeys but will arrive too late to get off ME at BWV and then scoot over to CR.

I wouldn't get that discouraged. I'm sure people have gotten decent meals there -but if it were me I would try to get a table at ESPN or try a place over at Swan/Dolphin.

My only bad experience was at the Hollywood Brown Derby in 2012.

Despite repeated conversations with the chef regarding her allergies, my adult niece was served something she was unable to eat. When the server asked why it had gone basically untouched, she explained. The chef then proceeded to berate her, claiming her reaction was not because of anything he had prepared. She's 26-- she knows how her body reacts to allergens. She left in tears.

My daughter's "medium" steak was first too rare-- as in blood rare, then well done. Hers went pretty much uneaten too.

I wish my duck, and my husband's, HAD gotten uneaten. Then he wouldn't have gotten sick to his stomach an hour later, and I would have been spared the nausea that haunted me all night. It was WAAAYY too rare to be healthy, but I placed my trust that the chef wouldn't serve raw poultry.

I know lots of people love the Brown Derby, and that what we experienced had to be a singular bad night. But I will never, ever eat there again.

Last edited:
I'd have to say it's Le Cellier for us. This used to be one of our favorites, but since they changed to a Signature, the food quality just isn't worth the increased prices for us. The last time we were there, our server was very engaging with the two tables on either side of us (introduced herself, told them about the province she's from, offered "off menu" options, etc. With us, it was more like "Hi, I'll be taking care of you today, what can I get you?". There was even a point where she asked the table to our left if they needed anything, walked past our table (which had empty water and drink glasses), and asked the table on our right if they needed anything. This was 3-4 years ago and we haven't been back since.

We are off Chef Mickey's (the food has changed over the years, not in a good way) and Prime Time (3X in a row, had servers not playing along with the theme, even when my kids fed them some of the usual lines.).

Now, we love Whispering Canyon, and eat lunch there every trip. pixiedust:

We dined at Whispering Canyon Café recently for lunch and was less than enchanted with our service. My family visited the restaurant for a special event and was less than impressed Our server had limited ability to communicate in English and was not understanding the concept of the restaurant. She was not friendly and definitely had no pixie dust. Will knock this place off our list of places to visit.
In retrospect, I must say that my worst dining experience has to be at Art of Animation last January 2015, because I just learned today that they wash the floor AND the dining tables with the SAME MOP!:scared1:

CHEF MICKEY Dinner
- Long wait for our seats even though we had first reservation time frame
- Food was awful, some inedible, lots cold
- Food stations were filthy and food all over the counters and floor
- Server never checked on us and I had to waive her down for drinks ... since it's a buffet she was pointless
- Restaurant total chaos
- Characters barely stayed long enough to sign their names
- Character handlers did not do their jobs - kids were following characters from table to table, pushing in on our pictures
- LOUD, so loud
- We ate there on Free Dining and I can't fathom actually paying to eat there.

DD ate there a couple months ago for Breakfast with her friends. She no sooner left, she texted me. She had never been and couldn't believe how bad it was.

Sounds identical to our visit except we paid OOP and it was $150 for the 3 of us and DH and I left starving the food was so bad, cold, and inedible. I am a teacher and our school cafeteria food (which is awful) is better than the food they had on the buffet at Chef Mickey's!

Worst QS: Tie between Pecos Bill's burger & Cosmic Ray's burger (I will not be ordering burgers at a QS again, thank you..)

Worst TS Meal: I was disappointed with my whole meal at lunch for the Candlelight package this past December at R&C. I had recently read good reviews about the things I ordered & did not care for anything: Scotch Egg (no seasoning & barely had any flavor at all), steak entree (Yorkshire pudding was actually pretty good but that was it) & the sticky toffee pudding had a strange chemical-like aftertaste to it. The service was good though & I have had really good meals there in the past so I won't rule it out completely, just won't be ordering those things again. Maybe for the package, they used different vendors and/or ingredients to save some $$??

Fultons Crab House.
The worst service and the worst meal i've ever had, and it was only lunch.
I was a cast member at the time and my friend and i made the mistake of telling the waitress because she'd had to work now in disney quest in 2 hours.
We weren't on a time restraint (we didn't think) two hours should have been plenty of time to have lunch.

I'll start with the food. I don't remember what my friend ordered (lobster roll i think) but I ordered a cup of Lobster Bisque soup and a shrimp sandwich. The soup was filled with shells. I'm a big texture person and finding something crunchy in something that is supposed to be fairly smooth and creamy (aside from the lobster bits) just ruined it. I've had lobster bisque where theres the occasional shell, but this was at least every bite and after looking in you could see the bits in the soup. Someone let quality control slip on that one.

And We had the worst waitress i've ever encountered almost anywhere. Tip for you cast members out there, never tell the waiter you are one until you get the bill, there are some that will slack on their job because they KNOW they're getting a tip. It took an hour and 45 minutes for us to complete our lunch service. We had to request our check 3 times, I thought my friend was going to be late for sure.

Second bad wait staff experience.
My friend who is a vegetarian ordered the veggie burger at Olivia's, she explained she was a vegetarian and didn't want the shrimp that came on it. The waitress brought it out with shrimp. My friend was polite in let her know she couldn't eat that, and the waitress just did not understand. She insisted that there was no meat, and that it was fine.
Another one of the people at our table had the same problem, and I don't think she was able to eat anything that was served to her because they tried to correct it twice and it still never came out right.

The worst meal, wasn't anywhere near these horror stories I have read here. Olivia's at OKW. The food took forever, then came out barely warm, had to wait even longer to get someone's attention to have it sent back and fixed. But they were very nice and offered to take the two entrees off the bill.

We had a terrible breakfast experience at Ohana last week.
First, our waitress did not ask what we wanted to drink at all. When she finally came over with POG juice we had been waiting on drinks for 20 minutes while she refilled everyone's drinks around us multiple times.
Then when she did come over I explained that I am a vegetarian and asked if I could get the tofu veggie scramble instead of the meat as well as eggs and waffles that are not touching meat. She replied that she had already placed our order and that we should have told her earlier but this was our first time talking to her.
She brought my mom her platter that included meat and told me to just eat the waffle on her platter, which was on top of sausage and covered by bacon.
When I did finally get my food about an hour after we sat down the potatoes were so over salted that I couldn't eat them.
Over the course of the meal we got several rude comments from our waitress in between being neglected and not getting any drink refills. This experience really left a bad impression on what was my favorite restaurant

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter