Worst Attractions or ideas ever...

Closing Pleasure Island was a bummer too.....we had some really great times there....having some beers, dancing, chasing girls! :cool1:

I agree with many that are already on here:

-Narnia: WOW, this was just aweful!! :sad2: I cannot believe they wasted all that money on a set to basically show a trailer or commercial for the movie. That's ALL it was!! I had heard that the first Narnia attraction they had was pretty good (for the 1st movie), this one was just a waste of space.

-The Backlot Tour: It is like they sat around at a table and thought "Hmmm...how can we completely take the fun out of this ride??" & went with it:headache: Remember that fun Bette Midler short movie they had at the beginning? Or the fun sitcom neighborhood? Or the ACTUAL person who hosted the tram, rather than that cheesy recording?

-Figment: Why get rid of the Dreamfinder??? That was a much loved ride, I didn't understand why they changed it...

-The Sorceror's Hat at DHS: Again, I didn't see the point of this, except to block everyone's view. I know they said they needed an icon at DHS, but I guess I always viewed the "Earful Tower" as DHS's icon :confused3

FWIW, I thought the castle cake was cute to have for the limited time!

I agree about the hat I was just saying the same thing to my wife last weekend.

And I agree about the STudio Tour, they messed that up.
The Bette Midler movieabout the lottery ticket and the pidgeon. Great stuff!
And they had the large bird statue inthe prop house!

Closing the Adventurers Club

Here, here....this one gets my vote!

Worst. Decision. Ever. :sad2:

Fine, I understand that there were other plans for PI - but they should have kept the Adventurer's Club alive somewhere else in DTD. They could have moved it to a park, or a resort....it was one of Disney's hidden gems.

I like the Great Movie Ride :cloud9:

I don't get the Narnia at HS:sad2: Stich is ummmm strange:scared1:

I am suprised nobody said IASM my DF thought if was sooo boring, I like it mostly because it's Disney :woohoo:

I think the worse thing Disney did was stop charging admission to walk thru Pleasure Island. That was the beginning of the end for that place.

:wizard: We were just looking at some old pictures and that birthday cake castle was awful!! What a horrible idea!
I also liked Toon Town when it was Mickey's Birthday Land. I have so many pictures of my kids sitting in front of those little houses. The changes didn't make it better.
And taking away those wrought iron benches on Main Street....another favorite picture place that no longer exists....We have pictures of our kids on those benches year after year.....sad :sad2:

Studio Backlot Tour @ Hollywood Studios.

Oh Gawd that ride is awful! :sick::sad2::confused::sad1::mad: I'd compare it to a cross country road trip in a old small, smelly car with the cast of Roseanne. :headache:

I know everyone hated when they turned the castle into a big pink birthday cake with all the candy,but I personally thought it was REALLY cool. Im only 13 and I wasnt even alive then haha, but my parents were there and I've seen pictures. But anyways, I cannot stand the Enchanted Tiki Room: Under New Management, I think its horrible compared to the original one. I love listening to the old audio though. And its also way shorter than the original one.........but that is an attraction I would like to see go, and for them to bring back the REAL one!

Another vote for:

Stitch's Great Escape--the chili dog smell makes me want to barf

Narnia--waste of time & space

I didn't like the wand and stars over the EPCOT Ball (spaceship Earth)...Walt didn't invision it like that, and I was thrilled when it came down,

I agree and I also think it adds a cartoony effect to something that shouldn't be cartoony, IMO. It just didn't match the theme at all.

I hated Alien Encounter and have no desire to revisit it now that it's rethemed.

I think the Sorcerer hat at DHS is fine and dandy and all that but was confused by it when it first went in. We hadn't read anything about it and walked in and immediately thought "Cool! New attraction." except, it wasn't. I agree that the water tower is more an icon than the hat. And much like the wand with spaceship earth, the hat just doesnt seem to fit the "theme" of the park.

what are some of the worst attractions or ideas that Disney has implemented over the years...!

Bringing back Captain EO.

Will prove why attractions of the past should stay in the past.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter